What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 2007 Draw !!

2 True Blues

Coach
Was interseted to see the draw recently. Had it mailed down as have not been on line for several months ( as this half of "2"!! True Blues ).

Interesting to note that we play Knights and Panthers three times. Only playing Canberra, Wests, Norths and Bulldogs once by memory.

Playing Dragons both times and Canberra and Bulldogs the once at Henson is probably a good thing. Though having moved to Canberra myself and this is the first season ( since the Bluebags return to premier league in the yr 2000 season ), that we have not played Canberra in Canberra, ( however they are hard to beat at home ) and would prefer to play them at henson.

Definately happy about the shortage of Sydney football stadium etc games this season. The away trips to Newcastle x 2, and to New Zealand x 1 are obviously gonna be hard to see, however apart from that the other away games don't involve to much of a prob for me. Manly, Shark Park, Parra stadium being the closest I will have to mingle with the NRL in 2007. Could have been worse.

Geuss the Games against Norths and Wests will be missed the most since we are only playing them the once. !!! Both at present also being AWAY games....

Like the BYES though. Three byes with jets getting their last BYE in the last week of the comp, which could be handy if going into the semi's in 2007.....

What do you guys think of the draw ? It could have been worse I reckon. Must see dates on the calender are the home Dragons, and Eels game for myself !!!

GO THE JETS !!!

Jeffles

Bench
I'd like to see a proper home and away draw so that we have more certainty with fixturing. Why play some teams three times and other teams once. There is enough space to play everyone twice.

The last round bye could do Newtown a lot of good should they make the semis. It will give players a chance to rest niggling injuries in the lead in to the finals.

Playing further afield will give me a chance to see more Jets games in exotic locations (for want of a better term). I've booked my airfares and accomodation for Auckland. Really looking forward to that one.

2 True Blues

Coach
Wish I could afford to go to New Zealand with you Jeffles. We just bought a house so pretty stretched for funds cobber. Am getting the 11 home ticket package ( 95 bucks I think ) for season 2007. Will only be able to see probably half the games but have put in for the rest days at work ,even though am probably wishful thinking and won't get them all off. The rest will be a donation to the club, as I know I wont get to use all the tickets. I willl be clocking up thousands of k's this season to sacred Henson and back but cannot wait to start driving north east with the Bluebags on my mind. Bring it on mate....

It is truly not fair that some sides are playing others once, especially in a comp that consistantly has several sides in the top eight.

Just glad we play old tough nuts ( since 2000 ) Saints twice at Henson and Canberra once all year and at henson.

On another note I am hoping for Norths and Wests to also make the top eight in 2007, so if we played them more than once this may have affected their chances ( tongue in cheek ).

Can't wait for 2007 jeffles. This will be our year !!!!

On their form in recent years, playing the Bears and the Maggies only once each could mean we miss out on a gift four points.

True, the Bears have usually given us trouble at Nth Syd Oval, but I kind of figured this year we'd have the wood on 'em.

It also makes the Frank Hyde (Shield? Cup? what are we calling it now?) into a two-leg competition if we're counting the trial as part of it this year. If not, it's all down to the one game at Henson, which doesn't seem right to me.

2 True Blues

Coach
The Dawson Twins Minus 1 said:
On their form in recent years, playing the Bears and the Maggies only once each could mean we miss out on a gift four points.

True, the Bears have usually given us trouble at Nth Syd Oval, but I kind of figured this year we'd have the wood on 'em.

It also makes the Frank Hyde (Shield? Cup? what are we calling it now?) into a two-leg competition if we're counting the trial as part of it this year. If not, it's all down to the one game at Henson, which doesn't seem right to me.

As you would know we used to count the trial against Norths in the best out of three. I used to disagree with that option, though it obviously was thought to stem from necessity at the time.

Will be interesting to see if Wests forfeit the home game for a Henson one this year, as they have previously done when more than one home game was on the cards !!!.

Norths should ( without seeing a team lineup ) be strong in 2007. They are the South Sydney rabbits feeder side, and we have always seemed to struggle against Souths let alone the nth Sydney oval situation. Expecting a tougher game than usual this season at Bear Park !!! Just hoping they also give some metal to other Premier league sides, and it's a Bears ( Frank HYDE dream ) Jets final in 2007. Would be a lot of commentary and adds during that grandfinal game for the fricken NRL money mongers to handle if that is the case.

****Crowd shots at the start of the grandfinal of Jets supporters, would someone tell those darn photographers to stop filming the Jets fans FFS !!!!! They are not in the fricken NRL. !!!!! Ok, No more crowd shots once they were told !!!! f**k EM !!!!!****

GO THE JETS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Jeffles said:
Playing further afield will give me a chance to see more Jets games in exotic locations (for want of a better term). I've booked my airfares and accomodation for Auckland. Really looking forward to that one.

I must reply to your email

The Dawson Twins Minus 1 said:
It also makes the Frank Hyde (Shield? Cup? what are we calling it now?)

colcaseysheadband said:
D/T-1, for your information it's now know as the Frank Hyde Party Susan.....

A "Party Susan"? What's that? A more enengetic version of a Lazy Susan?

Interesting idea...

A party susan is a tupperware plate divided octagonally to serve snacks at a party,Frank Hyde is partial to a jatz cracker with gherkin and cheese.

colcaseysheadband said:
A party susan is a tupperware plate divided octagonally to serve snacks at a party,Frank Hyde is partial to a jatz cracker with gherkin and cheese.

Thanks for that, CCHB. If I recall, my Mum had one of those in the Tupperware cabinet when I was a kid.

I just didn't know it had a specific name.

Here's hoping Frank's around to enjoy many more party snacks for a while yet.

He's a true gent - yet another who I feel very privileged indeed to have met through the Jets.

Latest posts