What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 2023 POWER RANKINGS

Gronk

Staff member
Been a bit slow but here we go

1. PENRITH PANTHERS - A very poor start to the season followed by the destruction of two sides. Both losses where both winnable games and bad luck on the day has stopped them from being undefeated. The attack isn't there yet but the defense is.

2. STORM - This is a club that's coached and run properly. Injuries and lost a lot of players but what class. Still big Nelson and Papa to enter the side. I can only imagine what it would be like to have a coach like this at our club.

3. ROOSTERS - A lot of injuries but still showing enough to suggest once all fit they are going to give this comp a real shake. Need to tighten the defense but the attack is going to be scary.

4. SOUTHS - Another club dealing with injuries but still getting the job done. Latrel,Walker,Cook,Murray Thats to many good players to write them off. I think they are a huge chance.

5. BRISBANE - This is a talented side. Its full of exciting players and they can score fast. Also not scared to play footy. Issue will be if passes stick in the big games and nerves.

I can't see any other sides winning it. Now its making up numbers time.

6. SHARKS - As dissapointing their loss was to the Warriors I still like how they've played. I see them in the top 8. I'd be suprised if they matchef the 5 sides above.

7. MANLY - Probably enough attack and dominance at home to get in the top 8. Defense will be a worry.

8. Canberra - Have had some gutsy wins. I can't ignore the win against Brisbane without 4 stars in their side. And it's going to be a cold winter. Ricky can put a tough side together. Ill sit them at 8.

9. Dolphins - Bennet wow. I man I never would of picked this side being anything but bottom 3. Shows what a good coach can do with a poor squad. Still doubt they'll play finals but starting to question that a little more each week.

10. Newcastle - They've impressed me. Once Ponga is back they might trouble a few sides. Playing with heart and toughness. Still can't see them playing finals

11. Parra Eels - Probably the side that is capable of rocketing up the rankings when reviewed in rnd 11. There is some talented players but very poor coaching is surfacing. The concern at no 9 can't be underestimated. The lack of a quality prop on bench and badly need another classy back. The good thing is they have money and top 30 spots. If they can snag a few wins and then fix these needs they could make a real push. But if not then unfortunately no finals this year. Currently far to many weaknesses.

12 Bulldogs - Mahoney has been exceptional and early candidate for signing of the year. Once they get a few forwards back they will trouble sides. Still can't see them in the 8.

13 - Warriors - Playing better no finals

14 Cowboys - We are seeing a side that had a big season but are now flat. Good squad but have looked terrible. Capable of finals but need to start clicking.

15 - Titans - Good attack no defense forget finals

16 - Saints- As above No finals

17 -Tigers - Garbage No finals
1681360047018.png

hindy111

Post Whore
Been a bit slow but here we go

1. PENRITH PANTHERS - A very poor start to the season followed by the destruction of two sides. Both losses where both winnable games and bad luck on the day has stopped them from being undefeated. The attack isn't there yet but the defense is.

2. STORM - This is a club that's coached and run properly. Injuries and lost a lot of players but what class. Still big Nelson and Papa to enter the side. I can only imagine what it would be like to have a coach like this at our club.

3. ROOSTERS - A lot of injuries but still showing enough to suggest once all fit they are going to give this comp a real shake. Need to tighten the defense but the attack is going to be scary.

4. SOUTHS - Another club dealing with injuries but still getting the job done. Latrel,Walker,Cook,Murray Thats to many good players to write them off. I think they are a huge chance.

5. BRISBANE - This is a talented side. Its full of exciting players and they can score fast. Also not scared to play footy. Issue will be if passes stick in the big games and nerves.

I can't see any other sides winning it. Now its making up numbers time.

6. SHARKS - As dissapointing their loss was to the Warriors I still like how they've played. I see them in the top 8. I'd be suprised if they matchef the 5 sides above.

7. MANLY - Probably enough attack and dominance at home to get in the top 8. Defense will be a worry.

8. Canberra - Have had some gutsy wins. I can't ignore the win against Brisbane without 4 stars in their side. And it's going to be a cold winter. Ricky can put a tough side together. Ill sit them at 8.

9. Dolphins - Bennet wow. I man I never would of picked this side being anything but bottom 3. Shows what a good coach can do with a poor squad. Still doubt they'll play finals but starting to question that a little more each week.

10. Newcastle - They've impressed me. Once Ponga is back they might trouble a few sides. Playing with heart and toughness. Still can't see them playing finals

11. Parra Eels - Probably the side that is capable of rocketing up the rankings when reviewed in rnd 11. There is some talented players but very poor coaching is surfacing. The concern at no 9 can't be underestimated. The lack of a quality prop on bench and badly need another classy back. The good thing is they have money and top 30 spots. If they can snag a few wins and then fix these needs they could make a real push. But if not then unfortunately no finals this year. Currently far to many weaknesses.

12 Bulldogs - Mahoney has been exceptional and early candidate for signing of the year. Once they get a few forwards back they will trouble sides. Still can't see them in the 8.

13 - Warriors - Playing better no finals

14 Cowboys - We are seeing a side that had a big season but are now flat. Good squad but have looked terrible. Capable of finals but need to start clicking.

15 - Titans - Good attack no defense forget finals

16 - Saints- As above No finals

17 -Tigers - Garbage No finals

Not a bad prediction and write up overall. Warriors and Chooks where the only side I really got wrong. Rest where some what close to the mark.