What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 2023 Real Ladder Thread

84 Baby

Referee
Warriors should f**k us over, in all probability.
They’ll be missing Niukore for the former employer match but barring anything this week, the only other player they’ll be missing is Te Maire Martin. And they’re in good form.
We’ll possibly be down Drown, Moses, Paulo, RCG, Gutherson, Matterson, Hopgood, Greig, Hodgson and Lane (at best 1st game back). We may be playing well at the moment and it’s a home game but if we’re missing any/all those players, it’ll be a momentous effort to win

Sensei Cobra

Juniors
They’ll be missing Niukore for the former employer match but barring anything this week, the only other player they’ll be missing is Te Maire Martin. And they’re in good form.
We’ll possibly be down Drown, Moses, Paulo, RCG, Gutherson, Matterson, Hopgood, Greig, Hodgson and Lane (at best 1st game back). We may be playing well at the moment and it’s a home game but if we’re missing any/all those players, it’ll be a momentous effort to win
Holy Fock ….who’s left ?

Sensei Cobra

Juniors
Me either I reckon Moses is the only lock.
Paulo probably makes it but he hasn’t set the world on fire and I really can’t see Freddie going back to matto, Reg or gutho … if they are to ring in the changes id suggest they’ll go with some new blood

emjaycee

Coach
I thought the general consensus around here was that missing Hodgson is a good thing for the team.

84 Baby

Referee
One thing I’ve noticed this week, I’m not sure if it’s because of 17 teams or because this year seems a lot closer* (possibly because there’s 17 teams), but it’s quite possible that a team has a winning season (more wins than losses) and yet misses the top 8. Seems like in seasons past, teams were making the finals losing more than they won.

*he says in a week when teams lost by 60-70 points

Gronk

Staff member
Souths have two byes left in the final 10 rounds after this Rnd 19 SOO3 week in the run home to Rnd 27. Very handy.

Penrith 0
Broncos 1 Rnd 25
Storm 0
Raiders 1 Rnd 20
Sharks 0
Souths 2 Rnd 20, Rnd 26
Eels 1 Rnd 27
Warriors 1 Rnd 22
Cows 1 Rnd 24

Noise

Coach
I cant believe the Sharks who are yet to beat a single team in the top 8 this season are only $13. I'd have them at the same level as the Raiders. Regardless of where those 2 finish in the 8, they'll both be out immediately
What the f**k? They beat us. How many teams in the 8 have we beat? Is it 2 (Penrith and Souths)?

eels_fan

First Grade
What the f**k? They beat us. How many teams in the 8 have we beat? Is it 2 (Penrith and Souths)?
We were not in the 8 when they beat us.

their record this season and last against top 8 teams is horrible and it’s no wonder they were out in the finals without a fight last year, and the same will happen again. They are great at beating up bottom 4-6 teams, never lose them which is a strength but doesn’t help when you get to finals