What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 23 Kangaroos

Balmain Bug

Juniors
This is them.....

TRENT BARRETT ... Played ok but Thurston killed him this year
DANNY BUDERUS... Good choice
PETERO CIVONICEVA .... They are Joking, Skandalis and Stringer killed him this year
MATT COOPER ... ok choice
CRAIG FITZGIBBON ... shocking inclusion. Laffranchi, Southern and Galea killed him all year
MARK GASNIER ... ok choice
CRAIG GOWER ... played 4 good games all year. Disgusting selection
NATHAN HINDMARSH ... great choice
ANDREW JOHNS ... great choice
BEN KENNEDY .... great choice
MATT KING .... good choice.
DARREN LOCKYER ....badly out of form all year !!
WILLIE MASON ...terrible choice, did nothing
ANTHONY MINICHIELLO ....3rd fullback behind Hodgeson and Bowen in the NRL
LUKE O'DONNELL ... not bad choice
MARK O'MELEY ... shocking choice
STEVE PRICE .... great choice
SCOTT PRINCE....great choice
ANDREW RYAN ... average choice
JASON RYLES ... terrible choice. Skandalis and Stringer killed him all year.
TIMANA TAHU ...good choice
BRENT TATE .... your kidding right????
TRENT WATERHOUSE ....played half a dozen good games all year
Hang your heads in shame ARL you are a disgrace.

** Hodgson killed it this year. Mini played 1/10 as good as Hodeson this year. That is unbelieveable.

** Skandalis bleted all and sundry this year.

You selectors are a bunch of deadsh!ts.

MrSharky

Juniors
Mate you are very bitter... go and enjoy your premiership will you!...

icon6.gif

No one has really mentioned Craig Wing. Thought he mite sneak into the squad but cos his team was sh*thouse this year hes got the chop

Prodigiousman

Juniors
mate i love the fact the Wests Tigers won the premiership but deadset you're forgetting the fact the Kangaroos is made up of the best players in the game, not just the best players from the best side.

All threads about the Kangaroos have been moved to the International/Tri Nations forum. Why don't you go there and have a look?

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Who cares. The less players for us the better. Less distruption to our pre-season.

In saying that, congrats to Prince - well deserved.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Tate, Ryan, Fitzgibbon, Gower, Lockyer, Mason, Lockyer, O'Meley all shouldn't be there.

I don't think Thurston killed Barrett, Barrett is the best 6 in the game (even if he is a coward) and Thurston is a very ordinary defender.

Waterhouse played great towards the end of the year and has utility value (Prop, Second Row, Lock) so he deserves his spot. It's just his pathetic coach that is holding him back, he's wasted at lock.

Hodgson is better than Minichello but you can't say Mini had a bad year, he deserves his place.

Alot of BS selections but that's Bob McCarthy/Wayne Bennett for you.

Glen

Bench
Despite what many Tigers fans seem to think, John Skandalis is not the second coming of christ. He's solid, that's about it

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Hang on, I just realised Willie Mason is in the squad.

WTF!!?? Is this a joke, honestly...

You have dead set got to be kidding?

hutch

First Grade
Glen said:
Despite what many Tigers fans seem to think, John Skandalis is not the second coming of christ. He's solid, that's about it

and he is definately more solid than jason ryles!!!

Matt23

Staff member
They only dodgy choices are Ryan, Mason, Waterhouse,Tate & Maybe Gower, I would have like to have seen Hodgson instead of Tate, Creagh instesd of Ryan, Skandalis ahead of Mason, and Maybe Robbie Farah instead of Gower.

the kirwan kid

Juniors
I'm a QLDer ... letting you know upfront before I cop crap!!

here's my comments
Trent Barrett (Dragons) yep
Danny Buderus (Knights) yep
Petero Civoniceva (Broncos)
Matt Cooper (Dragons) yep
Mark Gasnier (Dragons) yep
Craig Fitzgibbon) (Roosters)
Craig Gower (Panthers) You're joking!! Why take him when a Barrett, Johns, Prince can cover any position he can. I'd have taken Matt Bowen instead as he can play in the halves or hooker as well as fullback. Braith Anasta's also been playing much better. If they wanted a back-up hooker they should have taken Luke Priddis!!
Nathan Hindmarsh (Eels) yep
Andrew Johns (Knights) yep
Ben Kennedy (Sea Eagles) yep
Matt King (Storm) yep
Darren Lockyer (c) (Broncos) Class act but he's a fullback not a 5/8 - very lucky IMO
Willie Mason (Bulldogs) probably a few in front of him - Morrison, Southern, Dean Young, Simpson, Harrison, Nutley etc
Anthony Minichiello (Roosters) yep
Luke O'Donnell (Cowboys) yep
Mark O'Meley (Bulldogs)
Steve Price (Warriors) yep
Scott Prince (Tigers) yep
Andrew Ryan (Bulldogs) ... see Mason! I like this guy but he hasn't been in the form some others have. Add Galea to the mix too
Jason Ryles (Dragons) yep
Timana Tahu (Eels) yep - there's been others but he's been good all year
Brent Tate (Broncos) ... I think Matt Sing should have been there as he played great in THE GF and alright most of the year. he can play centre or wing too. Eric Grother Jr would have been a better pick too.
Trent Waterhouse (Panthers) I like this guy too but he was lucky to get picked ahead of some of the other players mentioned above.

Caged Panther

First Grade
I'm not defending the selection of Gower (I'm not saying he shouldn't be there either). But to say Anasta played better than gower over the latter half of the seaons is simply ridiculous.

gaterooze

Bench
Picking O'Meley, Ryles, Mason, Ryan and Civinoceva over Skandalis and Laffranchi is a joke. Fitzgibbon and Waterhouse have hardly set the world on fire either.

I read that the selectors were picking on "consistency over the entier season" and the fact the Tigers and Cowboys finished 4th and 5th would hurt them. Newsflash -- the Roosters finished 9th and the Bulldogs finished 12th!

Where's the consistency?

Latest posts