What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 23 Kangaroos

bowen_1

Juniors
Looking at it again, where is the utility back/hooker usually picked on the bench? They dropped Wing, which is understandable, but Matty Bowen would fit the bill perfectly. Some strange selections indeed. Waterhouse, Mason wtf?

sunny

Out of my team's players, Ryan and O'Meley deserve to be there, Mason probably doesn't- the only thing that maybe saves big Willie is the injury that he suffered in that wank of a game in America at the end of the last tour.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
Balmain Bug said:
This is them.....

TRENT BARRETT ... Played ok but Thurston killed him this year
DANNY BUDERUS... Good choice
PETERO CIVONICEVA .... They are Joking, Skandalis and Stringer killed him this year
MATT COOPER ... ok choice
CRAIG FITZGIBBON ... shocking inclusion. Laffranchi, Southern and Galea killed him all year
MARK GASNIER ... ok choice
CRAIG GOWER ... played 4 good games all year. Disgusting selection
NATHAN HINDMARSH ... great choice
ANDREW JOHNS ... great choice
BEN KENNEDY .... great choice
MATT KING .... good choice.
DARREN LOCKYER ....badly out of form all year !!
WILLIE MASON ...terrible choice, did nothing
ANTHONY MINICHIELLO ....3rd fullback behind Hodgeson and Bowen in the NRL
LUKE O'DONNELL ... not bad choice
MARK O'MELEY ... shocking choice
STEVE PRICE .... great choice
SCOTT PRINCE....great choice
ANDREW RYAN ... average choice
JASON RYLES ... terrible choice. Skandalis and Stringer killed him all year.
TIMANA TAHU ...good choice
BRENT TATE .... your kidding right????
TRENT WATERHOUSE ....played half a dozen good games all year
Hang your heads in shame ARL you are a disgrace.

** Hodgson killed it this year. Mini played 1/10 as good as Hodeson this year. That is unbelieveable.

** Skandalis bleted all and sundry this year.

You selectors are a bunch of deadsh!ts.

i agree. its nothing to do with a tigers bias but hodgson , skandallis can consider themselves very unlucky not to be there. While in reality i just dont see a point in picking prince, as long as johns is there he isnt playing.

how ryles gets in ill never know.

only 6 outside backs and with tate or tahu fighting for the final position. cant see any of them stopping a covell\whatuira combination.

australian side has got it wrong, but the fact is the competition is nothing so these guys will perform and cement there spots for another year

rabs

Staff member
bloody terrible work by the selectors
mason, waterhouse, tate and to a lesser extent gower all shouldn't be there, what happened to blooding young talent and rewarding good form

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
the thing is they say theyve done it in the past
well of course they have
australia smash every team and the standard of opposition isnt that good
and these guys all come out and just hammer the opposition , have top games and cement there spots for another year while other guys consistantly play well and cant crack it

tate is the 3rd choice centre at the broncos behind hodges and berrigan and when they are healthy he is forced onto the wing yet he makes the squad. What a joke.

Ghoulies

Bench
harmichael_punt_ said:
tate is the 3rd choice centre at the broncos behind hodges and berrigan and when they are healthy he is forced onto the wing yet he makes the squad. What a joke.
The only reason he's on the wing is because neither he or Hodges are effective at left centre.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
If you picked a side just cos certain players have played well for 6 games we'd have covell in the side. the team picked (whilst I dont agree with it all) is a mix of experience and youth. the experienced players have all been there before, played in the big games and are proven performers. if you picked a team of all younger in-form players, they may not gel togetehr or may get overawed by the situation

Mr Saab

Referee
Balmain Bug said:
ANTHONY MINICHIELLO ....3rd fullback behind Hodgeson and Bowen in the NRL

you are an idiot.
Minichiello is the best fullback in the game. He has been consistently great for 3 yrs. Hodgson has had one great yr and that was this yr. But. That doesnt mean Mini gets shown the door.
Go and have another beer

Balmain Bug

Juniors
Charlie Saab said:
you are an idiot.
Minichiello is the best fullback in the game. He has been consistently great for 3 yrs. Hodgson has had one great yr and that was this yr. But. That doesnt mean Mini gets shown the door.
Go and have another beer

Mini has played well. He always does. But THIS YEAR on FORM Hodgo has played much better. I have watched every Easts game this year as my family are Roosters supporters and Mini has not come close to playing anywhere near as good as Hodgo at club level. Nowhere near it.

Mr Saab

Referee
mini has had his best yr!
He was also the origin player of the yr (voted by his peers)
He was player of the tour last yr in the tri nations.
Players are not dumped when they have been there for 3 yrs and have done a GREAT job when another player has a good yr at club level.

Dragon Fanatic

Juniors
Kidding if you think Thurston killed Barrett. Thurston was one of the worst players on field in the Grand Final and a disgrace he got Dally M.

Munky

Coach
Thurston was the best on field in the GF until Firman came on.

Him and Bowen were carving up.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
No recognised wingers, Tate shouldnt be there. Trent Waterhouse, why have him and O'Donnell there. O'Donnell's a good player and Im happy for him, but Waterhouse hasnt done anything to deserve selection. Same with Ryan, Mason, did they watch they 2004 season instead of this season.

What about Eric Grothe, Dally M winger of the year, played good all year, was one of our best in the PL final. If they were to pick wingers they shouldve picked Grothe and probably Sing. Not centres that can play on the wing. King is a better centre than a winger, same with Tahu. Cooper offered nothing this year and shouldnt be there.

Barrett/Gower/Prince/Johns how would they work out the combinations. I mean Gower would probably play a hooker/half role, Johns plays halfback, Barrett would only come in if Lockyer was injured/rested or moved to fullback, and Prince would be the same with Johns. It was good that they picked Prince.

John Skandalis is one of the in form prop forwards going around, yet couldnt get a look in, yet Civoniceva and Ryles did. It wouldve been ok if Ryles and Skandalis was picked, but I feel for Skandalis. He at least wouldve been one player picked in the Tri Nations.

Apart from that, its not a bad squad, Australia's got a great back row and up front i like Steve Price and Mark O'Meley. They'll definately win the Tri Nations.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
Charlie Saab said:
you are an idiot.
Hodgson has had one great yr and that was this yr. But. That doesnt mean Mini gets shown the door.

Hodgson was outstanding last year and carried the tigers every week.
he is a much more all round fullback than minichello. they are both great so pick them both. put mini on the wing with king

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
Balmain Bug said:
This is them.....

TRENT BARRETT ... deserves to be there

DANNY BUDERUS... deserves to be there

PETERO CIVONICEVA .... deserves to be there

MATT COOPER ... deserves to be there

CRAIG FITZGIBBON ... DISGRACEFULL , This guy went off the rails this year, he had nothing to offer in anything

MARK GASNIER ... deserves to be there

CRAIG GOWER ... i guess he can be used as the utility, and he wasnt fighting with many players there

NATHAN HINDMARSH ... deserves to be there

ANDREW JOHNS ... deserves to be there

BEN KENNEDY .... deserves to be there

MATT KING .... deserves to be there

DARREN LOCKYER ....deserves to be there

WILLIE MASON ...didnt do a thing, he admits it, doesnt deserve to be there

ANTHONY MINICHIELLO ....deserves to be there

LUKE O'DONNELL ... deserves to be there

MARK O'MELEY ... tried hard but had little impact in his games

STEVE PRICE .... deserves to be there

SCOTT PRINCE....Why? uve already got 4 halves in the squad.

ANDREW RYAN ... terrible, an average year from an average player

JASON RYLES ... most overated player in the game, cant believe he gets in these sides

TIMANA TAHU ...he had a good season, but i still feel others deserve to be there ahead of him like Grothe and Hodgson

BRENT TATE .... doesnt deserve to be there, looked good in the semis but that was it
TRENT WATERHOUSE ....DISGRACEFULL

Waterhouse, Tate , Ryles , Ryan , O'Meley , Mason , Gower , Fitzgibbon can consider themselves very lucky on the way they played this year. Some of them had disgracefull seasons, not even average.

Tahu and Prince played well this season, but I wouldnt of picked them. Tahu while playing well I thought wasnt as good as some other players (id like to see minichello and king on the wing, or grothe) , while Prince is just making up the numbers.

[/QUOTE]

aussies1st

Staff member
Prince is making up the numbers but he well and truely deserves his spot. He is by far the next best halfback in the country.

Latest posts