What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 7 worst tactics of the last 14 years

2 weeks

Coach
Ricky Stuart deciding that Brett Finch was a hooker in 2006 deserves an honourable mention IMO

POPEYE

Coach
Methinks cdf is a cup of methylated spirits in the LU fuel tank . . . something to get us home

Guys I have been at the helm here for 10 years. Many dubious campaigners have since polluted the airwaves.

Now I have had a few years off here but overall I one of those players that can make the impact.

Like Scott Sattler during his days at Easts, he might have only made 46 yards from 9 carries, but he was the first to line up for a TV interview once the graft was over.

some11

Referee
Anthony Griffin's genius:

Make everyone put on weight, regardless of how they do it (players on social media talk about eating rubbish just to make weight) in turn making them fat, slow turds.

http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/matches/Custom/MS0xNjQ0LTQtLS0tLS03ODAzLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0tLQ==

Playing Hoffman at 5/8 for FIFTEEN ROUNDS. Plays in a straight jacket the entire time.

http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/seasons/nrl-2013/round-12/brisbane-vs-warriors/summary.html

Playing Wallace at hooker and McCullough at lock. Warriors pile on 56 points.

http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/seasons/nrl-2014/round-9/north-queensland-vs-brisbane/summary.html

Drops Hannant on the eve of a game against a team consisting of starting props Scott and Tamou, hooks Martin Kennedy after 19 minutes after one error never to be seen again, team proceeds to get absolutely trampled.

Last edited:

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Matt Elliot picking Adrian Purtell in the backrow in a finals game was special, Purts had never played there.

Deserves a thread of his own but Matt Elliot picking Kevin Kingston in the halves was sheer mad genius. So bad but so very good.

I dearly miss that bloke coaching someone else's team.

Guys I have been at the helm here for 10 years. Many dubious campaigners have since polluted the airwaves.

Now I have had a few years off here but overall I one of those players that can make the impact.

Like Scott Sattler during his days at Easts, he might have only made 46 yards from 9 carries, but he was the first to line up for a TV interview once the graft was over.

Pace yourself CDF, don't want you to burn out before round 1.

GongPanther

Referee
There was a program on 4 Corners last night in regards to people o.d/ing on party drugs.And the O.P.'s commentary reminded me of those kids defecating themselves in public.Total loss of control.

Seems the O.P. got a bad batch of whatever he had without a testing kit.

Seek medical attention A.S.A.P. you stupid Lemming.

skeepe

Immortal
Thousands of dollars paid to psychologist to wipe this from my memory... down the drain in one post.

Thanks Walt. Thanks.

It was bad, particularly with Michael Monaghan on the bench - although he was returning from an injury, and the touted options in the lead-up were Adam Mogg and James Evans, with Brad Drew and Jason Croker being out injured.

I think we would have been screwed no matter who played there.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Daniel Anderson's mock celebration VCR (!) to the players at halftime of the 2002 GF is right up there.

Ando's 2003/2004 off-season tactic of "let's make an an already big team even bigger by getting them to bulk up in the gym, who needs endurance?" was another howler. And let's not forget Bluey McLennan's "just go out and express yourselves boys, don't worry about things like defence or a game plan" coaching style in 2012.

betcats

Referee
Deserves a thread of his own but Matt Elliot picking Kevin Kingston in the halves was sheer mad genius. So bad but so very good.

I dearly miss that bloke coaching someone else's team.

Oh he was a pearla. I remember seeing footage of the boys in the shed before a game once and he had them paired off silently staring into each others eyes for 1 minute right before they ran out :crazy:

Who will ever forget Tim Sheens going into a game against Parra after we had been bulldozed in the forwards for a month straight with a front row of Danny Galea and Cory Payne. Also, his move to bring Jason Moodie out of retirement worked so well in 2004 that he did it again in 2007.

Latest posts