What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 700 Level - Home of the Ginger Jesus.

With how tight that game was and how the season unfolded, a lot of the credit for this Super Bowl should be laid at the feet of whoever was involved in getting Ajayi to Philly, especially the Dolphins.

Without Ajayi over the season, Philly may not make it there, certainly don’t win.

Philly fans owe the Dolphins one almighty tongue-bath.

Dolphins can take solace in sticking it to the Pats.

Haffa

I’d say the acquisitions of Jeffrey, Long and Blount were bigger. Although I do agree the Ajayi trade got everyone excited.

shiznit

Coach
I know it’s early... lol you motherf**kers are probably still drunk.. :joy::joy:

But I’m intrigued with Foles’ situation now...

He’s got a year to run on his deal and Wentz isn’t guaranteed to come back right away..

But if you’re the Eagles this is a once in a lifetime opportunity... you gotta sell high here...

The dude is the SB MVP... your back up QB’s stock will never get that high again...

Obviously he only has a year so you can’t ask for the world... but if I’m a team like the Jags... I wouldn’t hesitate offering a 1st and maybe even a 2nd.

He would fit right in to the Jags IMO...

Last edited:

nick87

Coach
I’m still grinning like a moron
I can’t believe we did it

Brandon Graham was my mvp, in a game dominated by offence, the Sb was decided by one game changing, Lombardi winning play
His strip sack.

But given how Foles played its hard not to give it to him. Clement had a monster game too

Valheru

Coach
You can't not give it to Foles after that performance, he was clutch all nigh converting a number of 3rd and 4th downs. He wasn't overshadowed by the moment, in fact the bigger the moment got, the better he played.

Alshon Jeffrey was close to, if not the MVP of the first half but he was covered well in the 2nd half.

Realistically coach Pederson is the MVP, he developed a game plan that worked and kept the foot down for 60 minutes calling some of the gutsiest plays in superbowl history. The team also didn't defeat itself like so many others have done against the pats, they forced the pats to beat them and they couldn't get it done.

nick87

Coach
Yeah, Dougie P proved himself to be one of the games elite coaches.
He flat out gave beat BB and Patricia like a drum

Haffa

Clement was another almost MVP. Undrafted Rookie who took his chance once Sproles was injured. Came up huge all year. Rewatched the throw from Foles for the TD about 1000 times and it gets better on every view.

Agreed on Doug. He should be Coach of the year. He beat McVay, Billy B and Zimmer with a Backup QB and made the calls when required. The fact that we were able to convert those 4th downs with ease was because he'd gone from them all season and the team was comfortable in those situations.

Haffa

Touchdown passes thrown since Carson Wentz tore his ACL in Week 14

Carson Wentz: 1

Trey Burton: 1

Dak Prescott: 1

(hat tip to r/Eagles)

Valheru

Coach
Never too early to start thinking about next season. We get the privilege of opening the season at home on the Thursday night. Thoughts on who the opponent will be?

I don't think the NFL will make it a divisional game which leaves Atlanta, Carolina and Minnesota as the best options of the remaining 5 teams on the home slate. I think the NFL will schedule a NFC championship rematch to start the season.

nick87

Coach
Yeah I think the Vikings makes most sense, though Carolina could be a good spot too

Latest posts