What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The alternate jersey

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
Cheers. I hope you're right about the souths game being the only time, Crusader. You can't call them the green machine in the away jersey.

Raider Crusader

Juniors
hey, lets try and make a better alternate jersey - start designing! Maybe we can post a few up and see who's is best...

Raider Azz

Bench
There's nothing wrong with our alternate jersey.

If we made our alternate jersey green, it would defeat the entire purpose of it.

jed

First Grade
Raider Crusader said:
hey, lets try and make a better alternate jersey - start designing! Maybe we can post a few up and see who's is best...

Let's not jump the gun. Tonio's jersey will still be there for another season or two though, and was by far the best option that was put on show.

I already have the design sorted for the next jersey though, set to debut in 2006/2007. ;-)

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
Raiders 2005 said:
heyyyyy whats wrong with having the alternate jersey.... :?

Everything - it is too generic. How many teams resort to a white-ish colour away jersey? Newcastle, Melbourne, Sydney City, Broncos, Sharks, and Souths all wear prominently white away jerseys. That's 6 teams. Then there are the Saints, Cowboys and Bulldogs who wear prominently white home jerseys. That makes 9 teams in total who possess a white jersey.

Raider Crusader said:

I'm pretty sure this has already been done but I might give it a go anyway.

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
Raider_Azz said:
There's nothing wrong with our alternate jersey.

If we made our alternate jersey green, it would defeat the entire purpose of it.

Yes, it would defeat the purpose if we had a green away jersey. However, how many times did they wear the away jersey at home games last year and the year before. I think it was both of those years - but probably more so in 2003. I am sure that I have called it the away jersey plenty of times so far but that is only because it is easier to type than alternate. And there is a distinction. Away jerseys are worn because the team is playing away while alternate jerseys are worn by the away team in the event that the jerseys clash.

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
I wouldn't mind the alternate jersey being white if it was the same as the home jersey with the white and green being swapped around. I changed the colours myself and will upload it and link it here as soon as I can.

jed

First Grade
TiTTieS said:
Raiders 2005 said:
heyyyyy whats wrong with having the alternate jersey.... :?

Everything - it is too generic. How many teams resort to a white-ish colour away jersey? Newcastle, Melbourne, Sydney City, Broncos, Sharks, and Souths all wear prominently white away jerseys. That's 6 teams. Then there are the Saints, Cowboys and Bulldogs who wear prominently white home jerseys. That makes 9 teams in total who possess a white jersey.

Too generic? You could never look at a bunch of the "white" jerseys and fail to spot our instantly. The current design is a great one, and I'm personally proud to see it on the field, compared with some of the monstrocities that some other clubs wear.

TiTTieS said:
Yes, it would defeat the purpose if we had a green away jersey. However, how many times did they wear the away jersey at home games last year and the year before. I think it was both of those years - but probably more so in 2003. I am sure that I have called it the away jersey plenty of times so far but that is only because it is easier to type than alternate. And there is a distinction. Away jerseys are worn because the team is playing away while alternate jerseys are worn by the away team in the event that the jerseys clash.

No, while this may be the case, there are now commercial factors for the club to keep in mind. If we wore the alternate only when playing away and against a team that we clashed with, the only time we'd wear it is against Souths, who we're going to pretty much play 2 out of every 3 years. Producing a jersey that will be worn only twice out of 72 games makes no sense at all. So the club will wear it for another half-dozen times through the season.

What I don't want to do is return to the bad old days, where we wear the white jersey more often than the lime green (2002 springs to mind).