What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The alternate jersey

hrundi99

First Grade
I think the current one is great.

R2005 :arrow: :clap: :clap: :clap:

All alternate jerseys are meant to be predominately white.

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
hrundi99 said:

Why is that?

And Jed, I realise that there is a commercial reason behind it. I would like to see the sales figures to see if they make a worthwhile profit.

I suppose on a forum like this I can say what I believe over and over again but it isn't likely to get anybody anywhere. Gee, when I started this thread I thought it would get 1, maybe 2, responses and then make its way to the bottom of the topic page.

hrundi99

First Grade
TiTTieS said:
hrundi99 said:

Why is that?

Most jerseys are solid colours.

White is essentially the easiest "opposite".

The Broncos' away jersey is obviously an exception.

The majority of teams in the NHL, NFL and NBA follow the same practice.

mike83au

Juniors
Raiders 2005 said:
COuld be worse. Look at the Storms ALternate. :lol:

Ladies & Gentlemen - presenting the Storm away jersey

:lol: :lol:

storm2.gif

Raider Crusader

Juniors
How about replacing the white part of the alternate jersey with black? or dark blue? oh, the possibilities...but, yeah, the current alternate jersey is good - but i think designing a different one could be cool aswell-?

Poida_Raider

Bench
when i saw the storm playing in that against... was it brisbane? anyways that away jersey and shorts and the whole lot, to me, is exactly the same as the broncos one. i'm pretty sure. obviously with different logos on them!

i dont mind our current away jersey, but i think some sort of black and white jersey might look ok, i get what titties is trying to say.

jed

First Grade
TiTTieS said:
And Jed, I realise that there is a commercial reason behind it. I would like to see the sales figures to see if they make a worthwhile profit.

You only need to see the number of people at the games that are wearing them (especially down in Canberra) to see how popular it is.

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
Fair enough, Jed.

I'm also interested to know which jersey is more popular from the home and away designs. I used to really like the away jersey that accompanied the last home jersey (i.e. the dark green one).

When the desgin for the alternate jersey was put to a vote on the raiders site, the current one was EASILY the best.
The other options were a black strip with green sleeves #-o
A blue one with green Sleeves :?
Or this shocking balck and white design that had some wierd ass mesh design accross the front and back.

Raider Crusader

Juniors
Or this shocking balck and white design that had some wierd ass mesh design accross the front and back.
that mesh design was stolen from some country rugby league club - i saw the identical jersey, but with red instead of green...

Poida_Raider

Bench
Poida_Raider said:
when i saw the storm playing in that against... was it brisbane? anyways that away jersey and shorts and the whole lot, to me, is exactly the same as the broncos one. i'm pretty sure. obviously with different logos on them!

i dont mind our current away jersey, but i think some sort of black and white jersey might look ok, i get what titties is trying to say.

sorry guys, that white is obviously meant to be green. f**ks me why i said that.

Latest posts