What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Ambush

unforgiven

Bench
We are pleased to announce the introduction of The Ambush -Show Your Stripes…

The Ambush is a group of Wests Tigers members and fans working in partnership with the Wests Tigers to provide increased membership and fan engagement, game day experiences, events and associated activities throughout the 2021 NRL season.

We aim to create a community of passionate Wests Tigers supporters who can come together and experience an improved and more engaging game day experience for both Home and Away Matches.

Our first event was held in Round 3 at Ashfield Leagues Club for the match against the Knights, there were about 90 people in attendance and activities included a live Q and A with Billy Walters and Shawn Blore, give aways and watching the game against the Knights on the big screen. It was a very successful event and thank you to all those who attended.
165006282_10164740504675214_8071763912811182099_n.jpg

Our second event will be held on Sunday at the Sackville Hotel in Rozelle. Special Guest is Justin Pascoe who will be participating in a live Q & A. Giveaways are a 2021 Jersey and a $100 roarstore voucher.

169134226_10164779660830214_1422817031208489704_n.jpg

Pezz70

Juniors

The Ambush is a group of Wests Tigers members and fans working in partnership with the Wests Tigers to provide increased membership and fan engagement, game day experiences, events and associated activities throughout the 2021 NRL season.

We aim to create a community of passionate Wests Tigers supporters who can come together and experience an improved and more engaging game day experience for both Home and Away Matches.

Our first event was held in Round 3 at Ashfield Leagues Club for the match against the Knights, there were about 90 people in attendance and activities included a live Q and A with Billy Walters and Shawn Blore, give aways and watching the game against the Knights on the big screen. It was a very successful event and thank you to all those who attended.

Our second event will be held on Sunday at the Sackville Hotel in Rozelle. Special Guest is Justin Pascoe who will be participating in a live Q & A. Giveaways are a 2021 Jersey and a $100 roarstore voucher.

Yeah that’s cool, but $57.50 for admission to Leichhardt is a croc. Take that back to the Tigers and let them know. Real
tigers fans have $700k mortgages these days and you and your missus to the footy $115. They’re having a laugh

unforgiven

Bench
Yeah that’s cool, but $57.50 for admission to Leichhardt is a croc. Take that back to the Tigers and let them know. Real
tigers fans have $700k mortgages these days and you and your missus to the footy $115. They’re having a laugh

Our first event was for an away game, we are also holding an event next weekend for the Souths game at Wests Ashfield that should include food and drink discounts. Last time it was half price pizza and beer, come along to that if you are looking for a cheaper alternative to watch the game with others.

Vic Mackey

Referee

well done, looks great

WA Tiger

Bench

There’s my boy

WA Tiger

Bench
Q: Do u think it’s a coincidence that from the day you were hired the club has resembled a bloodbath
Pascoe: Look My my 2 main roles for the WT is to Welcome newly recruited players on the website, you may have seen my work there, and of course nodding my head to whatever coaches want, so you’ll have to ask someone else about that ...next

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
Q: Do u think it’s a coincidence that from the day you were hired the club has resembled a bloodbath
Pascoe: Look My my 2 main roles for the WT is to Welcome newly recruited players on the website, you may have seen my work there, and of course nodding my head to whatever coaches want, so you’ll have to ask someone else about that ...next
A bloodbath?

The football department certainly report to him, but coaching and recruitment are not his job.

Madge & Hartigan are hired for these things on huge salaries, you would not expect him to interfere with day to day operations of the footy team, unless something of significance happens. I would think that is standard of all CEO's.

Just out of interest, what would you do differently, if you were in his role?

Apt...

@macnaz is going to rip pascoe a new one over being AMBUSHED with his ticketed seating.

The club might make $5000 over the one off deal and lose another $50,000 in memberships and interests next year etc.

I might also add that the Ticketing ambush has accompanied the sad loss of a real deal hero.

That’s just f**king outrageous, a stab in the back and I think it’s not what Tommy stood for.

It’s cheapens his memory and stature. I’m a bit upset about it.

It seems us fans are being ambushed.

They’d better get their act together.

Last edited:

Excellent point.

Many Real Tiger fans are living hand to mouth as well.

WA Tiger

Bench
A bloodbath?

The football department certainly report to him, but coaching and recruitment are not his job.

Madge & Hartigan are hired for these things on huge salaries, you would not expect him to interfere with day to day operations of the footy team, unless something of significance happens. I would think that is standard of all CEO's.

Good Grammar, correct spelling, and spacing of paragraphs, and said with conviction as well.Your doing well mate.

Last edited:

Tiger Ted

Bench
A bloodbath?

For starters the useless prick turned a blind eye to the toxic signings made by his old dishonourable mate who he recruited.We r still suffering the consequences of Clearys insane signings.The fact this bum has presided over an abjectly unsuccessful period at concord is telling.It’s obvious he’s exempt from any accountability.

Tigerm

First Grade
For starters the useless prick turned a blind eye to the toxic signings made by his old dishonourable mate who he recruited.We r still suffering the consequences of Clearys insane signings.The fact this bum has presided over an abjectly unsuccessful period at concord is telling.It’s obvious he’s exempt from any accountability.
The signings at the time were well received by everybody, including this forum, the fact they turned out bad was unfortunate.
You know as well as I do, that the CEO wont go against the coach (especially the one he just hired), who had as part of his job was to recruit players. Prob why we changed our recruitment system.
You do remember "In Ivan we trust"? He ended up f**king us over, but that was hardly Pascoe's fault at the time.

Tiger Ted

Bench
The signings at the time were well received by everybody, including this forum, the fact they turned out bad was unfortunate.
You know as well as I do, that the CEO wont go against the coach (especially the one he just hired), who had as part of his job was to recruit players. Prob why we changed our recruitment system.
You do remember "In Ivan we trust"? He ended up f**king us over, but that was hardly Pascoe's fault at the time.
In any professional organisation that aspires to be successful Pascoe would’ve been held accountable for the train wreck he has presided over.The sacred cow has astonishingly gotten away scot free.

Tigerm

First Grade
In any professional organisation that aspires to be successful Pascoe would’ve been held accountable for the train wreck he has presided over.The sacred cow has astonishingly gotten away scot free.
Well, I think he has guided us very well lately, barring the lousy results, we are a very strong club in most areas.
I’d rather have him, than Manly’s or Bulldogs (and a few others) management teams.

WA Tiger

Bench
Just as I thought, all good.
All good? Your kidding right?

If you give your WT flag waving a rest then you might actually see things a bit more clearly.

The CEO implements the structure of an organisation. They don’t hire the contractor to fix the doors when they are faulty but they do tick off the hiring of key people in key positions and under the CEO, they are responsible for all the hiring and smooth running of the company.. If those key people are ineffective they will likely be removed.

For whatever reason If that business model doesn’t work and the profits are not forthcoming or if a disaster occurs under that CEO’s watch that is directly related to that CEOs decision making then the chances of a responsible company keeping that CEO on board are slim..There are no excuses.

It’s the same for the WT..Except instead of profits it’s the results on the field that matter..

Recently You need look no further than last weeks performance against the Eels and the majority of performances since Madge started coaching at this club. The stuffing up of JAC’s recruitment, the excessive money spent on Brooks AD and Joey L and then all the way back to the start of Pascoes tenure when Taylor started tearing the place apart

Saying a CEO wouldn’t interfere with anything a key employee is doing that is hurting WT results is inaccurate..That Pascoe has continually supported underperforming coaches from the start esp coaches that have a habit of making the whackiest decisions that even amateur coaches like ourselves couldn’t believe...

The fact that Kepaoa has remained in the starting line up for what 5 consecutive games despite humiliating performances really shows the knock on effect Pascoes “she’ll be right” approach has had on the whole club starting with the coach and then the players who have for a long time now known they can have a bad week and have no fear of being dropped..or at least have way more chances than a clever coach would allow.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
All good? Your kidding right?

If you give your WT flag waving a rest then you might actually see things a bit more clearly.

The CEO implements the structure of an organisation. They don’t hire the contractor to fix the doors when they are faulty but they do tick off the hiring of key people in key positions and under the CEO, they are responsible for all the hiring and smooth running of the club. If those key people are ineffective they will likely be removed.

For whatever reason If that business model doesn’t work and the profits are not forthcoming or if a disaster occurs under that CEO’s watch that is directly related to that CEOs decision making then the chances of a responsible company keeping that CEO on board are slim..There are no excuses.

It’s the same for the WT..Except instead of profits it’s the results on the field that matter..

Recently You need look no further than last weeks performance against the Eels and the majority of performances since Madge started coaching at this club. The stuffing up of JAC’s recruitment, the excessive money spent on Brooks AD and Joey L and then all the way back to the start of Pascoes tenure when Taylor started tearing the place apart

Saying a CEO wouldn’t interfere with anything any employee is doing that is hurting WT results is inaccurate..That Pascoe has continually supported underperforming coaches from the start esp coaches that have a habit of making the whackiest decisions that even amateur coaches like ourselves couldn’t believe...

The fact that Kepaoa has remained in the starting line up for what 5 consecutive games despite humiliating performances really shows the knock on effect Pascoes “she’ll be right” approach has had on the whole club starting with the coach and then the players who have for a long time now known they can have a bad week and have no fear of being dropped..
Maybe you should read my post. Instead of worrying about grammar and spelling?

You could also get an understanding of how our recruitment runs now, because what you are saying is not correct.

On your point about the coaches, how many have we had since Pascoe has been here? I thought his only hire was Ivan and now Madge, I didn’t think he was here when we hired Taylor, but I will stand corrected on this.

You are correct about “winning” is the only real KPI for the coach, but he also has a contract that has to be paid out should he be terminated. I don’t think Madge has done anything to be terminated yet.

Kepaoa has been dropped this week.