What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"THE ARL MUST RUN THE GAME"

Bengal

Juniors
Corbin said:
i dont care who runs it! but geez the nrl and doing a lousy job!

I do!!!

One reason alone is because of the amount of (voluntary) work I and many many of my friends put into the game, for the love of the game of course!
To think that at the end of the day all I'm doing is helping Rupert's bottom-line, makes me sick!!!!
Do I wish to continue being a News 'bitch' as mentioned elsewhere, well, I'll see out the rest of this season, but next year... I don't know...

Dragons Cross

Juniors
Razor said:
The people that work at the NRL are professionals and they dont have agendas.

Don't have agendas? What planet do you live on?

I still have nightmares about Arko and Quayle's bias and mismanagement.

Quayle was one of the greatest administrators ever in Australia. Went onto a high level role in the Sydney games, and many other things.

We want Quayle back.

Arthurson certainly didn't do that badly.

Those 2 took the ARL from a Sydney competition to a nation-wide competition. News Ltd have killed a lot of their work in the past 5 years.

They weren't biased unless you worked for News Ltd in QLD.

Fair enough about Qualye mate, I forgot about his Olympic work, but you can't defend Arko. IMO these guys were one of the reasons for the SL war by expanding the ARL to a point where there were far too many teams and too many rubbish games. I don't have a problem with the idea of expansion to a National comp but it has to be done by moving Sydney teams out rather than just adding more teams.

axl rose

Bench
Bengal said:
pennywisealfie said:
If ARL still ran the game i think id be sitting on the internet right now talking about soccer, my fave game in the world and wouldnt give a f**k about league. i wouldnt have a team to support because the Broncos would be long gone.

I asked this same question somewhere else, but what do you base your view on? What was the ARL doing or not doing to make you feel this way?

Umm well Super League was born in the the Broncos boardroom. They started a rebel league and almost killed the code with stupidity and arrogance. If that isn't reason for expulsion then what is?

Having said that the ARL was far from innocent. Being a Wests Tigers supporter if Super League hadn't come along i would have no team to support at all. The Balmain Tigers were given criteria to meet by 97 in 94 by the ARL, which they had zero chance of ever meeting. The ARL wouldnt have offered incentives for merger. The ARL always intended to cut teams.

Balmain would have been stuck with takeover from Parramatta or would fail to exist in any form.

I was always an ARL supporter but Balmain were broke and barely got a cent of help from the ARL. Instead the ARL chose to pay reserve grade players like Scott Fulton $200,000 a year and the Knights millions of dollars just to stay afloat.

pennywisealfie said:
If ARL still ran the game i think id be sitting on the internet right now talking about soccer, my fave game in the world and wouldnt give a f**k about league. i wouldnt have a team to support because the Broncos would be long gone.

Maybe, you could watch the local comp instead of the News Ltd controlled NSWRL premeirship.

Axl Rose(?), if Balmain were broke, so what. You are blaming Arko for Balmain being skint ? If the Balmain board couldn't run a football club thats their fault.

axl rose

Bench
The Original Eye said:
pennywisealfie said:

Axl Rose(?), if Balmain were broke, so what. You are blaming Arko for Balmain being skint ? If the Balmain board couldn't run a football club thats their fault.

Unlike Super League clubs who went broke and were in debt by up to 8 million (written off by News Ltd) Balmain always paid thier bills and never over spent. Just because Balmain didnt have a rich leagues club doesnt mean they "couldn't run a football club".

Bengal

Juniors
axl rose said:
Bengal said:
pennywisealfie said:

I asked this same question somewhere else, but what do you base your view on? What was the ARL doing or not doing to make you feel this way?

Umm well Super League was born in the the Broncos boardroom. They started a rebel league and almost killed the code with stupidity and arrogance. If that isn't reason for expulsion then what is?

Having said that the ARL was far from innocent. Being a Wests Tigers supporter if Super League hadn't come along i would have no team to support at all. The Balmain Tigers were given criteria to meet by 97 in 94 by the ARL, which they had zero chance of ever meeting. The ARL wouldnt have offered incentives for merger. The ARL always intended to cut teams.

Balmain would have been stuck with takeover from Parramatta or would fail to exist in any form.

I was always an ARL supporter but Balmain were broke and barely got a cent of help from the ARL. Instead the ARL chose to pay reserve grade players like Scott Fulton $200,000 a year and the Knights millions of dollars just to stay afloat.

Its always this ARL was far from innocent crap, or they (ARL) are no better than News.
Where do people get off!

Balmaindon't exist anyway!
So now we have no Balmain and no League people able to control our game - a win win stiuation for us all!!

Well done to all those people that coundn't stand the ARL for whatever pathetic reason!

I'm sure a lot of you guys don't like John Howard - but surely he's better than having an outsider (non-Australian) run your country!

axl rose

Bench
Bengal said:
axl rose said:
Bengal said:
pennywisealfie said:

Being a Wests Tigers supporter if Super League hadn't come along i would have no team to support at all. The Balmain Tigers were given criteria to meet by 97 in 94 by the ARL, which they had zero chance of ever meeting. The ARL wouldnt have offered incentives for merger. The ARL always intended to cut teams.

Its always this ARL was far from innocent crap, or they (ARL) are no better than News.
Where do people get off!

So now we have no Balmain and no League people able to control our game - a win win stiuation for us all!!

Well done to all those people that coundn't stand the ARL for whatever pathetic reason!

I'm sure a lot of you guys don't like John Howard - but surely he's better than having an outsider (non-Australian) run your country!

As i said the ARL intended to cut Balmain and other clubs anyway. You have your head stuck up your a$$ if you think the ARL could do no wrong. As i also said Balmain wouldnt exist in any form anyway. The majority of old Balmain supporters now support Wests Tigers as evidenced by big crowds at Leichhardt Oval which is better then going and cheering nothing!

Bengal

Juniors
axl rose said:
Bengal said:
axl rose said:
Bengal said:
pennywisealfie said:

Being a Wests Tigers supporter if Super League hadn't come along i would have no team to support at all. The Balmain Tigers were given criteria to meet by 97 in 94 by the ARL, which they had zero chance of ever meeting. The ARL wouldnt have offered incentives for merger. The ARL always intended to cut teams.

Where do people get off!

As i said the ARL intended to cut Balmain and other clubs anyway. You have your head stuck up your a$$ if you think the ARL could do no wrong. As i also said Balmain wouldnt exist in any form anyway. The majority of old Balmain supporters now support Wests Tigers as evidenced by big crowds at Leichhardt Oval which is better then going and cheering nothing!

So you're ever so happy then to see Rugby League lose control of its flagship, just as long as your beloved club survived in one form or another!

The ARL what, did they want to cut Balmain for the fun of it? Did they have a vendetta against Balmain and a couple of other clubs or were they just facing reality and trying to do their best for the sake of the game, something which they have so often been accused of not doing!

You're just pro-Balmain (now Wests) you like a lot of other people don't give a rats about the game. That's not a problem, but to bag an organisation that did - well...