What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The battle to play raiders half

aussies1st

Staff member
I don't want to be going through another season waiting for Herbert to deliver. He will a) need to be the form halfback during trials and b) start performing by week 6.

Macko8

Juniors
they are both two different players.
what it all comes down to who plays better with campese.
i think that is mcCrone.
herbert reminds me too much of a five eighth in a halfbacks role.
it will never work.
i really think mcCrone can be our fulltime number 7,good kicking game,zippy and quick

Mullins_y2k

Juniors
Yeah I don't disagree with any comments here... I spose both players just need a little more time to prove themselves. Lets hope either way that one of them really grabs the job with both hands. we need a solid halves pairing cos god knows our forwards/centers/wingers are good enough!

Dazraider

Juniors
I really see herbert as a centre, he runs onto the ball well.
Must try Waddell at halfback i can see this guy being perfect for the spot.

aussies1st

Staff member
Don't know about Waddell kicking game but maybe worth considering well down the track if all else fails. McIlwrick looks to be a good hooker so that would allow such a move without weakening our hooker spot.

Latest posts