What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Bennett Reign, 18 Months In!

Deacon

First Grade
Bennett’s Revolution, Season 2009 and 2010
Overall Record; Played-33, Won-23, Lost-10
Average Score 22-12
Winning Percentage-69.7%

Home Games Record
Played- 17; Won- 14, Lost- 3
Average Score 24-11
Winning Percentage-82.3%
Biggest Home Win-37-0 vs Parramatta, Round 26 2009
Biggest Home Loss-12-25 vs Parramatta, Finals Week 1 2009

Away Games Record
Played- 16; Won-9, Lost-7
Average Score 19-13
Winning Percentage-56.3%
Biggest Away Win-29-0 vs Sydney Roosters, Round 7 2009
Biggest Away Loss- 6-41 vs South Sydney, Round 25 2009

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

gregstar

Referee
premierships - nil
finals wins - nil

minor premierships - 1

creeping needs to address the first two areas.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
It was abundantly clear after 3 months that he'd made great inroads into the entire culture of the club.

gregstar

Referee
It was abundantly clear after 3 months that he'd made great inroads into the entire culture of the club.
true.

but most importantly, we've been screaming out for an ugly coach for ages.

we really haven't had this caliber of ugly for 30 years. harry is no longer alone. although thirsty tried.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
true.

but most importantly, we've been screaming out for an ugly coach for ages.

we really haven't had this caliber of ugly for 30 years. harry is no longer alone. although thirsty tried.
Double true.

But I think you're being unkind to Harry.

Not since Killer have we have a coach as ugly as Creeping.

Dragon Dave

Bench
Anyone keen on bringing Brown back?

I have no doubts Brown will be a great coach. He was thrown in the deep end with us and just about drowned. He's gone on to do great things in the UK and I'd love to see him become a successful coach for a club he loves.

In saying that, Steve Price will be our next coach.

Interesting to note that his kids are enrolled in school in the shire next year, wouldnt be surprised if he took on an assistant role in 2011 at the club
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,27032284-23214,00.html

I think it is what he should have done at the time, but it would have been a strange thing to adapt to. It's like your boss at work being demoted... and who would listen to him after that happened? He could learn a lot from Benny and would be a perfect replacement when Benny wants to retire.

Ulysseus

Bench
I'd like to see a more seasoned Brownie return...................... one day.
In light of recent events though, f**k he was unlucky not to jag a title in 2006.

I have no doubts Brown will be a great coach. He was thrown in the deep end with us and just about drowned. He's gone on to do great things in the UK and I'd love to see him become a successful coach for a club he loves.

In saying that, Steve Price will be our next coach.

NO NO NO NO NO, I want Bennett to stay at the Dragons for as long as possible, then i was him to be replaced by an older grey-haired Nathan Brown...

It's interesting note to Bellamy was an understudy for Bennett all those years...maybe it was a good idea to keep him in the Dragons coaching ranks and groom him as next coach?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
bennett has failed to deliver a premiership.

sack bennett!

oust doust!

Bennett has rectified 3 major probs we have had generally for 25 years IMO. 1: Poor/slow starts to games. 2:poor/slow starts to seasons. and 3:Undisciplned play. Why we have developed a poor record in semi finals I don't know as this used to be a strength of the Dragons. If we made the finals more often than not we made a bit of noise while we were there. Hopefully this year will be different.

Latest posts