What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Bermuda triangle@. Sharks r9

Surely Luc comes in for Lawrie !!!
I am sure most here are thinking this way Justa.
The dreaded calf strain has kept many players on the sidelines for lengthy periods of time.
Noticed Luc's name is a bit down the reserve's list.
Something tells me he unfortunately will not make it back for this game.
Do not understand what Toby Couchman has to do to crack a spot in the top 17.

So we have just come off a 60pt thumping, Badger is in the bunker, it's at Sharks home ground, Suli wont be playing, it will be wet and windy, Flanno has stuck the boot into them, Sharks thumped the Raiders in Canberra. Surely we win this game it's taylor made for us :)
You're a legend Justa!

After last week I wouldn't have the cojones to post such optimism.

Thanks - I'll be smiling all night

justadragon

Bench
The dreaded calf strain has kept many players on the sidelines for lengthy periods of time.
Its probably not so much that he comes into the side DD, its who he replaces, I would like it to be Lawrie but my gut feeling is if he does come in it will be for BMM which to me is a bit unfair, as I reckon he's been pretty good off the bench.

justadragon

Bench
You're a legend Justa!

After last week I wouldn't have the cojones to post such optimism.

Thanks - I'll be smiling all night
Thanks HOD :), being a Dragons supporter, its the only way I keep sane, and in a year far far away I might even shed a tear when they win the GF, now thats optimism :) You keep smiling and save the tears for Sunday !! OOPS I just realised we can embarrass ourselves on national TV ..........AGAIN, joy joy joy !!!

Leilua could be touch and go. I think he'll play. If so, BMM probably misses out.

Toby Couchman will only play first grade this year if we have injuries/suspensions. Flanno does not care how badly his first choice 17 play. He will not drop them. Neither does he care how well the young players are playing in NSW Cup. He will not promote them. He is a pick and stick coach. We've been pretty lucky on the injury front so far. We've only really had one forward out at a time this year. At some point, you'd expect that we get our share of bad luck. That's when we'll see some new faces in th 17.

Thank Christ we're not playing them at Kogarah. It's going to be a bloodbath!

I think Dragons will play well. I think we'll be very aggressive. If Sharks are not up for the fight, because they think they're too good, get impatient, and try to out-finesse us, then we will bash them off the park.

Do not forget that this is like a grand final for Flanno. I don't think it should, but this game means the world to him. He has a track record for being very petty and over-investing in one-off grudge matches. Plus he's had a 10 day turnaround to prepare for it. Plus he will have a siege mentality around the players after the ANZAC day debacle.

In summary, I think it will be a bloodbath, in the sense that it will be a very physical game. Sharks might win, but they'll know they have played a game when they wake up the next day. I wouldn't be surprised if we win this, and then get belted by Souths.

st.phil

Bench
We played 3 games in 11 days leading up to ANZAC - we'll be fresher and pumped for this one but class wise they are a tier above... we're gonna have to bring them into the ditch for us to get a result. Rain weirdly won't help us with our error prone side and of course Sloan in the wet is B A D

Still - 4.50 in a two horse race is rather tempting on the off chance we get it together

We played 3 games in 11 days leading up to ANZAC - we'll be fresher and pumped for this one but class wise they are a tier above... we're gonna have to bring them into the ditch for us to get a result. Rain weirdly won't help us with our error prone side and of course Sloan in the wet is B A D

Still - 4.50 in a two horse race is rather tempting on the off chance we get it together
I like 4.50. That's crazy. I'm all in.*

*Gamble responsibly.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Leilua could be touch and go. I think he'll play. If so, BMM probably misses out.

Toby Couchman will only play first grade this year if we have injuries/suspensions. Flanno does not care how badly his first choice 17 play. He will not drop them. Neither does he care how well the young players are playing in NSW Cup. He will not promote them. He is a pick and stick coach. We've been pretty lucky on the injury front so far. We've only really had one forward out at a time this year. At some point, you'd expect that we get our share of bad luck. That's when we'll see some new faces in th 17.
LL has calf strain, playing at the swap, possibly rain, heavy ground underfoot, worse thing for a strain..

Toby Couchman will only play first grade this year if we have injuries/suspensions. Flanno does not care how badly his first choice 17 play. He will not drop them. Neither does he care how well the young players are playing in NSW Cup. He will not promote them. He is a pick and stick coach.
That is a generous description of him.

Latest posts