What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Bermuda triangle@. Sharks r9

Slippery Morris

First Grade
This season following the Dragons, the games I thought Saints had no chance in winning they won and the ones I thought they would win they lost. Except for the Chooks but they are a top 4 team in my opinion as I don't expect Saints to beat Panthers, Roosters, Broncos and Storm. Sharks are not top 4. Based on this Saints should win on Sunday.

Sharks have been good but so far they have played teams that are in bad form and beat them convincingly which is similar to what they did last year. Cows were coming off a loss to the Eels, Raiders were without a few key players in Fogarty and Elliot in the second game, 1st game Raiders were up 18-0 nd fell asleep, they flogged the Rabbitohs which has not been hard for most teams that have played them, smashed the Dogs and the Warriors should have beaten Sharks with all the ball and possession they had.

One thing for sure when Sharks get on a roll they score a ton of tries which scares me.

Flanno seems pumped to beat the Sharks as per his press conference after last weeks game. If the boys really love Flanno and want to win him over and get a contract next season, this is the game to really impress him and show him that they will do whatever it takes to get his trust. If they play poorly this one especially, I feel after this game he may make some changes.

I just really hope if they lose it is not by plenty.

TheRev

First Grade
Absolutely we will bounce back after last week's game.. and a valuable few extra days of training too..

If the sharks aren't on, or are thinking about the big run they have coming.. Were a chance.. But ofcourse they could put us away also... They have a huge bench... And no suli and possibly Leilua rly sux.. But assuming no injuries this time.. Atleast we keep eisenhuth at 13 which was what went wrong last week.

Phantom V

Juniors
If we are any chance this weekend we need to pin them down in their own half and aim for repeat sets any chance we get. Their a big side so we need to test their fitness

Dragon David

First Grade
This season following the Dragons, the games I thought Saints had no chance in winning they won and the ones I thought they would win they lost. Except for the Chooks but they are a top 4 team in my opinion as I don't expect Saints to beat Panthers, Roosters, Broncos and Storm. Sharks are not top 4. Based on this Saints should win on Sunday.

Sharks have been good but so far they have played teams that are in bad form and beat them convincingly which is similar to what they did last year. Cows were coming off a loss to the Eels, Raiders were without a few key players in Fogarty and Elliot in the second game, 1st game Raiders were up 18-0 nd fell asleep, they flogged the Rabbitohs which has not been hard for most teams that have played them, smashed the Dogs and the Warriors should have beaten Sharks with all the ball and possession they had.

One thing for sure when Sharks get on a roll they score a ton of tries which scares me.

Flanno seems pumped to beat the Sharks as per his press conference after last weeks game. If the boys really love Flanno and want to win him over and get a contract next season, this is the game to really impress him and show him that they will do whatever it takes to get his trust. If they play poorly this one especially, I feel after this game he may make some changes.

I just really hope if they lose it is not by plenty.
Agreed Slippery.

TheRev

First Grade
Hopefully Sloan handles the wet conditions, maybe a few run away tries would rly get our confidence firing.

I was listening to Cronk talking about Walkers kicking game last night.. he sort of let slip (by accident I think) that some of those chances he took only came off because it was Sloan as the defending fullback... and maybe thats what the Roosters identified before the game..... he mentioned that if it was an Edwards or Turbo etc.. they are sprinting back to mop those situations up.

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
Its probably not so much that he comes into the side DD, its who he replaces, I would like it to be Lawrie but my gut feeling is if he does come in it will be for BMM which to me is a bit unfair, as I reckon he's been pretty good off the bench.
Yeah mate honestly it's more than a bit unfair. Our only forward on Anzac day bar Su'a and I guess Sele that actually had some punch. Like you said, he's been huge off the bench and was instrumental in the win vs the Wahs

sammymills

Juniors
It
Hopefully Sloan handles the wet conditions, maybe a few run away tries would rly get our confidence firing.

I was listening to Cronk talking about Walkers kicking game last night.. he sort of let slip (by accident I think) that some of those chances he took only came off because it was Sloan as the defending fullback... and maybe thats what the Roosters identified before the game..... he mentioned that if it was an Edwards or Turbo etc.. they are sprinting back to mop those situations up.
It’s not fair to pick on Sloan like that. One of the ones they scored off a kick , the reason why Sloan wasn’t back was because he just had to make a try saver on nat butcher so there was no fullback. Is that his fault, or the idiots who missed the tackles and let him get a 30m line break.

Walpole

Juniors
This year it seems we can handle the dregs of the comp (Tigers, Titans), jag a win against better teams who have a bad day (Warriors, Manly), get pummeled by the mid rangers (Dolphins, Newcastle, Cowboys) and are no chance against the top 4 (Roosters). I'd say Cronulla are a "better team" or potentially top 4 so we win by 4 or lose by 40.

... If they play poorly this one especially, I feel after this game he may make some changes...
You don't underrstand how the Flanno machine works. It will be more or less the same team every week regardless of the performance the week before.
He has a top 17: Sloan, Rava, Suli, Bird, Lomax, Kyle, Hunt, Eisenhuth, Leilua, Sua, Sele, Liddle, F. Molo, Brown, Lawrie, De Belin, RFM.
If an outside back is injured, CT comes in and there is a reshuffle.
If a half or hooker is injured, Marschke comes in.
If a forward is injured BMM/M. Molo come in.

If an outside back is injured, CT comes in and there is a reshuffle.
If a half or hooker is injured, Marschke comes in.
If a forward is injured BMM/M. Molo come in.
There are guys in Ressies that deserve to be the replacements , guys that came here under the last coach. That, I believe, is the reason Flanagan has ignored them. With this coach it is either his way or no way. No, not at the detriment of the club, as having 60 points put on us, proves.

Last edited: