What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Bermuda triangle@. Sharks r9

Mitty266

Juniors
Sharks were not off. They just played what was in front of them.
Unfortunately for your team is just wasn't as much as what you'd hope for.
At no stage did it even remotely look like the Dragons were getting on top.
The Sharks had a couple more gears in them if needed.
And that’s why they kicked into another gear and put 40 on us like the chooks did last wkend? Hah okay

That was clear Flanno Ball on display in that second half. Slow, sideways and error ridden.
A well coached and disciplined side would not have let that game slide, let alone be kept scoreless in the second half.

FMD what did the super coach say in the sheds at half time to inspire that piss poor second half?

Tricky Flanno though, I'm sure we can all look forward to one or two of these cliches in the presser:

1) Have a cheeky dig at Souths for next week. Classic and Bennett like deflection right there 😍😍

Or

2) Say some changes are coming but proceed to copy and paste his pet favourites for team sheet Tuesday.

Or

3) Make a comment about how we won't come last this year and wear that as his badge of honour.

Anyway everyone keep the faith, it won't be long before we get to that illusive sixth win and we can give Flanno a big pat on the back for improving the team over the course of the season. Keep supporting and placing your blind faith in this moron cheater coach please as we're now training at Kogarah some days 🙂 🙂 🙂

@maestro1
@Dragonssupporter
I can see why you’re called I’m Hornby- he was a champion halfback and you’re a champion halfwit. No wonder so many people have you blocked. You’re not a Dragons fan- just a tired old whingeing dick who hasnt got a good word for anything. Youd be far better off on the Scums forum- you’d find far more supporters there that agree with your vitriol. If you dont want to support the Dragons then piss off somewhere else

Gourley's Socks

Juniors
Just watched the game on replay despite knowing the result.

Sloan is learning. There'll still be ups and downs but he did some things today in defence he'd never done before. Very pleasing.

On another note, I've never seen such an inept performance from an established half-back as from our feckless leader today.

If Flanno is going to insist on playing Lawrie in the starting line-up, play him at 7. He couldn't possibly be worse than the million dollar man.

Sloan has swagger about him too. Little things like happy to do media and be a mouthpiece for our team, shows animation running on to the field and behind the play, in and amongst the group. These details speak volumes. There's a confidence there and it's blossoming. His positional play needs major work but this time last year the list of things for him to improve was miles longer and he is ticking boxes one by one. We know what a weapon he is.

True_Believer

Juniors
I'm curious as to what you disagree with. My assumption is that it will be in regard to Lomax and Ravalawa who are often protected species from fans. They were not good today at all. I do want to hear what you disagree with though - as usually I do like a lot of your comments
Well I don't think Lomax, Bird or Liddell played overly bad today. They just didn't have an impact. Liddell looks as though he's still recovering from a head injury and I think he copped another one today. I think it was him - there was someone who copped a knock but stayed on the field somehow. I don't think he's a 14, but I also don't think he's an 80 minute hooker.

I think Rav was in the same boat although I think he was the recipient of a couple of poor passes that made his effort seem worse than it actually was.

I also don't think Lawrie played that badly today. However, I agree that I don't think he should be in the 18. He's had enough opportunity to get it right and I think we need to give someone else a run. I've been calling for him to be dropped for weeks now. It needs to happen.

I think in the grand scheme of things, Hunt was the architect of our demise today. Stupid mid field bombs, fluffed grubbers, poor passes and poor last tackle options should not be what we expect from an established half. All players are allowed to have poor games from time to time but his kicking game has been woeful for weeks now. Something needs to change in that area of our attack because things haven't improved after weeks of the same shit show.

Wolfgang90

Juniors
Didn't think we played too bad but also thought the Sharks were well below their best. JDB is immense off the bench, Eisenhuth a defensive monster & Sloan with his career best defensive effort. He threw his body around today which was great to watch & shows he learned from his previous wet weather performance (v Knights).

Well I don't think Lomax, Bird or Liddell played overly bad today. They just didn't have an impact. Liddell looks as though he's still recovering from a head injury and I think he copped another one today. I think it was him - there was someone who copped a knock but stayed on the field somehow. I don't think he's a 14, but I also don't think he's an 80 minute hooker.

I think Rav was in the same boat although I think he was the recipient of a couple of poor passes that made his effort seem worse than it actually was.

I also don't think Lawrie played that badly today. However, I agree that I don't think he should be in the 18. He's had enough opportunity to get it right and I think we need to give someone else a run. I've been calling for him to be dropped for weeks now. It needs to happen.

I think in the grand scheme of things, Hunt was the architect of our demise today. Stupid mid field bombs, fluffed grubbers, poor passes and poor last tackle options should not be what we expect from an established half. All players are allowed to have poor games from time to time but his kicking game has been woeful for weeks now. Something needs to change in that area of our attack because things haven't improved after weeks of the same shit show.
Good summation, tend to agree with you.

There's been many a time where Hunt has not clinched the game for us in the way you would expect of the very well paid captain and chief playmaker. Today was next level though. It was the first time in which you can categorically say he was the sole reason we lost because we definitely had multiple opportunities to win that game but it ended with him. We were angry of what this lot offered up on ANZAC Day but the timing of him to put in his worst kicking effort is pretty much intolerable in a derby where the players actually turned up.

Wolfgang90

Juniors
Great he can tackle, but he does nothing with the ball in hand, no lateral movement, no step, no pace, nothing.

Just another useless signing from the drug cheat.

That's the role of other players, he can only play to his strength. IF guys like Lawrie/Molo/Sele aren't productive in their role for the team then how is it his fault? Eisenhuth has done his job, it's on the other players to do their job.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
I can see why you’re called I’m Hornby- he was a champion halfback and you’re a champion halfwit. No wonder so many people have you blocked. You’re not a Dragons fan- just a tired old whingeing dick who hasnt got a good word for anything. Youd be far better off on the Scums forum- you’d find far more supporters there that agree with your vitriol. If you dont want to support the Dragons then piss off somewhere else
What a ridiculous and hate filled rant from yourself.

You said just yesterday that you believed your man Flanno had the best interest of the club at heart and should be persisted with blah blah.

That performance today shows he had no game plan, it was just the same old dumb rugby league played over any point in time from us in the last 12 years.

FMD he couldn't even get them to aim up and close out the game in the second half on a really heavy track.

How much longer are you going to keep believing in this hopeless peanut of a coach? He needs to be sacked IMMEDIATELY.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
That's the role of other players, he can only play to his strength. IF guys like Lawrie/Molo/Sele aren't productive in their role for the team then how is it his fault? Eisenhuth has done his job, it's on the other players to do their job.
He's played at lock and on an edge mate, when he gets ball he needs to at least threaten. Maybe offer up some danger of an offload if nothing else?

The game of rugby league has both attack and defence involved so it certainly isn't unreasonable to expect players to be well rounded and adept at both things.

He ran for as many metres as he did tackles made so surely that tells you he is just as useless as the rest?

There's a reason he's not playing for the Storm or Penrith, but you believe what you want to believe.

rasaint

Juniors
Hi All, the team gave it a good shot today.

I thought the sharks looked a bit better most of the game. However, I also felt we were a possibility of jagging a win even at 12-10 behind.

JDB was enormous today in defence, has a big motor. Sometimes involved in half the tackles of every set. Also, throws a beautiful link pass. Yes, I did notice Eisenhuth also. Genuine tradesman.

I have never been sold on Zac Lomax. I have posted previously, he could be a good backrower. Today he ran hard in traffic and made ground. Good on him. Threw a couple of poor passes to Rava. Missed a couple of catches ( yes were difficult). Zac’s lack of dash means he just isn’t a ‘break through, charge downfield attacker, . Rava played well. Sloan had a good game. His high end speed worries defence lines. Sua is strong and a quality backrower.

Finally, Ben Hunt‘s kicking poor and game below his standard. The rub of green not with him today; He got over the line but just racked on put down for a dozer try and almost pulled out of a desperate leg grab tackle late in game when trying to give Rava a charge from 25 metres out. Ben is a competitor, but now 33 years.

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
If there were 13 Eisenhuths we would've run for a total of 858 team metres, don't think that would've got us the win.
Hope you're being sarcastic but if not, you've missed a pretty obvious point that I was making. I'm talking about his general effort and dedication - it takes a lot of commitment to make 66 tackles in a game of footy. That same sort of commitment from all players would make our team one that is very difficult to beat.

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
Great he can tackle, but he does nothing with the ball in hand, no lateral movement, no step, no pace, nothing.

Just another useless signing from the drug cheat.
I know what to expect from your posts, but for someone who feels that it's necessary to attack other posters for their lack of intelligence, you seem to have a very one dimensional way of thinking.

It's not just about "Oh, this guy can tackle and do nothing else. He must be pretty shit". It's about the fact that Eisenhuth has a proper workmanlike attitude, which our team severely lacks in the forwards department. The fact that he had the energy to make a few pretty decent carries on top of all his work in defense speaks volumes about his attitude and commitment to the team. Without him, I guarantee you, the scoreline is a lot uglier than 20-10. Who was the last Dragons forward you saw that even got close to attempting that many tackles in a game?

But hey, it's just another "useless signing from the drug cheat".