What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The best forward in the NRL?

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
Who is the best forward in the nrl (excluding hooker as they are built completply different). for me its ben kennedy. i doubted manly for signing him, thinking it was a stupid option as he was an injury prone has been. but for once i have been prooved wrong. kennedy is a gun and i think hes the best forward in the nrl

Foz

Bench
I think Hindmarsh has been the most consistant forward for the past couple of years.
Mason can change a game more than any other forward.

JJ

Immortal
Hard to say - Kennedy's certainly one...

Nathan Hindmarsh would probably get my vote, but I do worry that he's becoming viewed or used as a defensive workhorse, and he's a much better all-round player than that - his ball running and off-loading are also superb.

Hurriflatch

Referee
1. Ben Kennedy <--- Insprtational player Manly wouldn't be where they are without him
2. Nathan Hindmarsh <-- Workhorse player and Parra wouldn't be there without him
3. Carl Webb <--- Impact player and gives another dimension to a quality Cowboys side

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Hindmarsh and Kennedy, I wouldn't like to split them. If Hindy would cut back his defence a bit then he'd easily be the best but he tires himself out making tackles.

aqua_duck

Coach
I think the most under rated forward in the NRL is Tony Puletua, I think on his day he's better than Kennedy. His apprentice Frank Pritchard is also very destructive, unfortunatly he seems to be under-utilised by Penrith.

RABK

Referee
Easily O'meley. No one does their job as well as he does. No one in the game sets the platform like he does. Not even Webcke gets his team going forward as much as Shrek does.

ledzep

Bench
Morley - no one keeps the opposition in check as much as he does
O'Meley - best prop in the game
Hindmarsh - just a freak

J-Man

Juniors
Right now I would say Hindmarsh or Kennedy.

But if they were healthy, Sonny Bill and Mason would be right up there.