What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The best team for next year:

Eelectrica

Referee
My team to go through the season unbeaten:
1. Morris
2. Hopkins
3. Hindmarsh
4. Widders
5. Vella
6. Cayless
7. Wagon
8. Pearson
9. Muspratt
10. Cannings
11. Fui fui dude
12. Tsoulos
13. Armit

14. Webster
15. Pai
16. Stapleton
17. Muckert

Has more grunt than a pig in something or other.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Eelectrica said:
My team to go through the season unbeaten:
1. Morris
2. Hopkins
3. Hindmarsh
4. Widders
5. Vella
6. Cayless
7. Wagon
8. Pearson
9. Muspratt
10. Cannings
11. Fui fui dude
12. Tsoulos
13. Armit

14. Webster
15. Pai
16. Stapleton
17. Muckert

Has more grunt than a pig in something or other.

Has lots of grunt....true.

I like Wags at halfback, with his balls skills, we'll be unbeatable.

bartman

Immortal
There's been a few mentions of Thorman playing fullback in a dream team?

Anyone know if he's filled that role before? Anyone care to suggest why he should be there instead of coming off the bench, or starting in the halves?

Not disagreeing, just interested is all...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
bartman said:

Anyone know if he's filled that role before? Anyone care to suggest why he should be there instead of coming off the bench, or starting in the halves?

Too small...........another sticky Hodgson.

How could you leave Burty out of fullback ?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
What has Grothe done since 2000? Nothing. Was injury free alot last year and was kept in reggies by Todd Byrne!!

Injuries have been a problem since 2001 when he was selected for SOO something that Peterson will never get the opportunity for & last year he spent a pre season and into the year injured....so he was well behind the 8 ball well into the season however??...he created good press for himself with those performances in First Grade this year for the 2002 Bradbury Premiership side and it was know coincidence that straight after he announced he'd signed with Parra he was thrown straight back into First Division.

Pazza

First Grade
bartman said:

I am not sure if Thorman has played fullback but i thourght it would be interesting to have Dykes, Witt and Thorman all on the field at once for the full 80 minutes. Also lets not forget that Darren Lockyer was a 5/8 when he entered first grade and was shifted to fullback because the brisbane halves combo was Walters and Langer.

I would have him at fullback because Dykes and Witt are the halves and i dont see that changing, also i dont wanna see him left on the bench for most of the match aka PJ Marsh.

I would like to see Thorman trial in the fullback position and if it doesnt work then Graham can play fullback.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Pazza said:
bartman said:

I am not sure if Thorman has played fullback but i thourght it would be interesting to have Dykes, Witt and Thorman all on the field at once for the full 80 minutes. Also lets not forget that Darren Lockyer was a 5/8 when he entered first grade and was shifted to fullback because the brisbane halves combo was Walters and Langer.

I would have him at fullback because Dykes and Witt are the halves and i dont see that changing, also i dont wanna see him left on the bench for most of the match aka PJ Marsh.

I would like to see Thorman trial in the fullback position and if it doesnt work then Graham can play fullback.

Thorman will not be at fullback!!!, he filled into that position for very brief moments for London but that was it!!

Stagger eel

Staff member
both firstgrade and prems at fullstrength

1st

1 Graham
2 Burt
3 Lyon
4 Fresh
5 Muz
6 Dykes
7 Witt
8 Corey
9 Morrie
10 Vella
11 Caylo
12 Hindy
13 Wags

14 Cannings
15 Thorman
16 Muspratt
17 Muckett

Prems

1 McKinnon
2 Prince
3 Langi
4 Kata
5 EGJ
6 Pai
7 Webster
8 Peek
9 Le estrange
10 Stapleton
11 Armit
12 Hopo
13 Widdo

res
14 Kafausi
15 Tsoulos
16 Hinchcliffe
17 Tim Smith

Reasons:

1] I prefered Muz just ahead of Eric due to his enthusiasm and commitment. I saw Eric playing for the "Metrosexuals" in prems last year on 2 occasions and he wasn't really impressive, infact I believe in one match he was outplayed by a Fijian winger who was playing for North Sydney.

2] It'll take Thorman approx 4-6 weeks to adjust to the style of play here after that it could be sayonara to Dyksie!! but I wouldn't rule Dyksie out of the contest alltogether. A fit Adam makes for a very dangerous eels side.

3] I believe the bench I selected will be one of the best in the comp. All 4 players are capable of making an instant impact in the game. especially Aaron and Shane.

4] How good are we travelling with depth when I couldn't find a spot for Widdo, Armit and Hopo??

5] Smithy has also hinting about using Caylo in second row. I reckon it'll be a masterstroke.

6] Predicting a massive year for John Morris, Aaorn Cannings, Shane Muspratt, Michael Witt and Luke Burt [if fit]

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
you know i love ya mate, buuutt....

eelavation said:
Prems

1 McKinnon
2 Prince
3 Langi
4 Kata
5 EGJ
6 Pai
7 Webster
8 Peek
9 Le estrange
10 Stapleton
11 Armit
12 Hopo
13 Widdo

res
14 Kafausi
15 Tsoulos
16 Hinchcliffe
17 Tim Smith

noones heard of Jimmy James so far this year....
from the way Sean was talking last year, i dunno if he's with us

and Hinchy deserves a starting spot in Prems at least. I KNOW I KNOW that he has Lee and Deano and all ahead of him, but to me, Ryan wil be / should be the one pushing firsts nexts year, and from what i heard, he came very VERY close last year... he's loyal, passionate strong and still improving... i'd be bloodin him in grade, encouraging him to strike up a combination with his good mates Graham and Witt, and (hopefully) creating another eels superstar.....

(I love Hinchy :) :) :) )

Pazza

First Grade
Ron Jeremy said:
Pazza said:
bartman said:

Thorman will not be at fullback!!!, he filled into that position for very brief moments for London but that was it!!

Have a Cry :lol:

Pazza

First Grade

I really doubt that. The guy is one of the best props in the world, he is the hardest hitting defender at the club. He shouldn't be considered for 2nd row, Vella has a better chance of playing second row than Cayless does.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Smith has allready hinted he may be used there. I personally think the pack I listed would easilly dominate any softening up!! period.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Jess: Jimmy james has signed with us!! obviously a part time contract. I would be extremelly dissapointed if Sean isn't at the club he has superstar status in the makings and I can't wait to see Hinchy next year, he'll be a gun.

Pazza

First Grade
eelavation said:
Smith has allready hinted he may be used there. I personally think the pack I listed would easilly dominate any softening up!! period.

I dont rate Pearson and Vella as starting props of a top 4 football team.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Pazza said:
eelavation said:

But we don't have a top 4 football team Pazza.

Pazza

First Grade
Maroubra Eel said:
Pazza said:
eelavation said:

But we don't have a top 4 football team Pazza.

But we are aiming towards being a top 4 side and i think that having Vella and Pearson as the starting props is a step in the wrong direction.

bartman

Immortal
Pazza said:

Fair enough logic, Pazza. I think there'll be a fair bit of swapping in the halves/bench for different games between these three guys, but we'll see.

bartman

Immortal
JessEel said:
noones heard of Jimmy James so far this year....
from the way Sean was talking last year, i dunno if he's with us

and Hinchy deserves a starting spot in Prems at least. I KNOW I KNOW that he has Lee and Deano and all ahead of him, but to me, Ryan wil be / should be the one pushing firsts nexts year, and from what i heard, he came very VERY close last year... he's loyal, passionate strong and still improving... i'd be bloodin him in grade, encouraging him to strike up a combination with his good mates Graham and Witt, and (hopefully) creating another eels superstar.....
Hinchcliffe played great in starting line up for prems last year in the games I saw! I hope that he's still on board at the Eels. And I hope that L'Estrange stays on, cos when you look at our squads so far, there is no recognised regular hooker other than Morris (with Bubsy and Hollingsworth gone.)

Webster did get signed late last season - around the same time there was much debate about Steve Witt's future. And I'm pretty sure lil Webster was in one of those photos from the Merrylands Oval training on the official site...?