What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The bottle incident could have been avoided

langpark

First Grade
I'm not condoning what happened. But, why can't a bit of common sense be used to prevent things like this happening?

If I was the security by the tunnel, seeing that emotions are running high and the tunnel is in the middle of the lions den (the hardcore Bulldogs fan section), I would have gone to the middle of the field as soon as the full time whistle sounded, told the refs to linger there for 5-10 minutes, then, as the fans begin filing out of the stadium, make a discreet exit.

I wouldn't go so far as to say it's a red rag to a bull (what they did today), but with a bit of common sense these sorts of incidents could easily be avoided.

cleary89

Coach
Yeh, we should def change the way people do their jobs so that refs don't get assaulted.

Just ban the dick head fans who paid 300+ a year for their seats. Not blame the NRL/Refs for not standing on the ground for 10 mins doing nothing.

Cammo

Bench
The game is f**ked now, why do you think crowds and ratings are down? It's not cause things are going well

langpark

First Grade
Yeh, we should def change the way people do their jobs so that refs don't get assaulted.

Just ban the dick head fans who paid 300+ a year for their seats. Not blame the NRL/Refs for not standing on the ground for 10 mins doing nothing.
I'm not blaming them, it's just a simple preventative measure.

When a player from either side is sin-binned or sent off now, they MUST be sent off separately to avoid another fight on the sideline. So, players are given this leeway to avoid them doing something stupid in the heat of the moment, why can we not do the same for the fans?

It's already common practice in many parts of the world, I really don't see the big deal.

BuffaloRules

Coach
The game is f**ked now, why do you think crowds and ratings are down? It's not cause things are going well

lol...

I didn't see you here whinging about the game last week when you won by 1 point.

Does the game only suck when your team gets beat?

skeepe

Immortal
Maybe crowds are down because people are scared of feral Bulldogs fans

Agreed. I was in the crowd at THAT Roosters vs Bulldkgs match in 2004 (or was it 2003?) and I've made sure I stay well away from Bulldogs fans ever since.

langpark

First Grade
like where?
All of Europe and South America!

If a ref has just (arguably) screwed over a team, I guarantee you, he will not try and walk through their hardcore fans 30 seconds afterwards. What would he expect from them, applause?

cleary89

Coach
All of Europe and South America!

If a ref has just (arguably) screwed over a team, I guarantee you, he will not try and walk through their hardcore fans 30 seconds afterwards. What would he expect from them, applause?

I went to 15+ soccer games in Europe, plus watched a few a weekend, never saw it once. You got links?

langpark

First Grade
Someone actually pulled out the victim blaming card. f**k me sideways.
Well done, that's the last resort of someone who has absolutely no rebuttal to the argument.

I clearly started by saying I'm not condoning it nor blaming the refs/security for it. Simply stated how I would handle these situations.

So? What else have you got?

Big Sam

First Grade
Nice in principle but in reality these feral dog fans were gonna wait as long as it took to attack the refs.

They'd still be waiting in the middle of ANZ if we followed OP's idea.