What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The *** Br*mb?es

greeneyed

First Grade
They reportedly have made a lifetime commitment to stay in the region...... according to WIN News.... whose lifetime they didn't specify...

Raider Ultra

Bench
The Brumbies are a business. If they think they could have higher profit margins by moving to another region (ie Central Coast), they would. The fact is at the moment they are absolutely dominating the ACT market, so there is no need. Once the wheels fall off and fans stop going, hopefully they'll piss off to where they came.

greeneyed

First Grade
The Brumbies are not even directed by the local union... they are directed by the ARU. They will be shifted in a flash if the ARU wants it.

Anonymous

Juniors
The Brumbies and the ACTRU have no representation at the ARU, which is split between the NSWRU and the QRU.

They represent the need for a 3rd Aussie team with nowhere to put it.

Having said that they've done alot for ACT Rugby...

Bay56

First Grade
guys, guys, guys ... I hate the brumbies as much as the rest of you but I would rather have decsions made about the future of my football club by the likes of their management team rather than the lunies who run ours.

The bottom line is that they are operating far better than us and are attracting the supporters and sponsors.

Evergreen

Juniors
Bay56 said:
guys, guys, guys ... I hate the brumbies as much as the rest of you but I would rather have decsions made about the future of my football club by the likes of their management team rather than the lunies who run ours.

The bottom line is that they are operating far better than us and are attracting the supporters and sponsors.

But the fact is they are doing this with a budget far exceeding ours, and it certainly helps to have had the results on the field. Even Alan bond could be successful with them ATM.

skeepe

Immortal
Branko, the point is that they wouldn't have had these results without a great management structure. Management at the Brumbies have put in place great marketing campaigns (I've seen more Brumbies ads when I'm in Canberra than Raiders ads), and a great talent identification program which has seen them grab rising star after rising star before they can go anywhere else.

The difference to the Raiders in this regard is that they can offer these youngsters anything they want to remain here, and so it is likely that they will never lose the dominance of the game that they have. In fact, if you look at the Super 12 you'll see that in it's 9 year history there have been only 3 teams that have won it. This is the result of no salary cap, which is why we need one in league.

hrundi99

First Grade
The Raiders compete with 14 other teams for players.
The Brumbies compete with 2.

Even just from a financial point of view (hence the advertising) this is apples and oranges stuff.

Bay56

First Grade
Raiders management v Brumbies management .... thats apples and oranges stuff ...

The Brumbies got rid of a premiership winning coach ... now thats decision making.

We loose players of the likes of Wiki, Davico, Monas(M), Lolesi without a whimper .... now thats luny bin stuff.

kris_man said:
Schif_Happens said:
Didn't Canterbury and Cronulla attempt such things, only to fail dismally? I remember chanting such things as "LG?...LG?....where the f*ck is LG?" in reference to the ground announcer at shark park going on about "The LG Sharks".

Well, aren't we the "Fone Zone Raiders"?

Um....no....

The Fone Zone Canberra Raiders.

Bay56

First Grade
Raider_Azz said:
If you love the Brumbies management so much... why don't you go support the Brumbies then.

typical .... normally I would reply to a comment like that with the contempt that it derserves. But seeing that you're such a nice guy Raider_Azz I might make an attempt to expalin my stance in the hope it will assist in resolving the ignorance you obviously have regarding this matter.

I admire those who act with professionalism and therefore exceed in their chosen field. When I compare the success that the Brumbies and their suporters have graced themselves with I am naturally envious. When I see the organisation that I follow managed in a manner that seems so obviously to fly in the face of good management I become a very angry supporter.

I dont love the Brumbies nor their leather patched management or supporters (which I have to put up with at work) but I do love what they have achieved. If they are the yard stick that we have to use to also gain success I'll make similar comparisions to what I have done till the day I die, and aint no one, including your good self going to stop me.

Cya lata Raider_Azz and have a good day.

skeepe

Immortal
I love my Brumbies and I dont apologise for it. But that doesn't stop me supporting league 100%. Let's face it, if the promise of that "Show No Mercy" guy singing can't stop me going, nothing will! :lol:

Raider Azz

Bench
Bay56 said:
Raider_Azz said:
If you love the Brumbies management so much... why don't you go support the Brumbies then.

typical .... normally I would reply to a comment like that with the contempt that it derserves. But seeing that you're such a nice guy Raider_Azz I might make an attempt to expalin my stance in the hope it will assist in resolving the ignorance you obviously have regarding this matter.

I admire those who act with professionalism and therefore exceed in their chosen field. When I compare the success that the Brumbies and their suporters have graced themselves with I am naturally envious. When I see the organisation that I follow managed in a manner that seems so obviously to fly in the face of good management I become a very angry supporter.

I dont love the Brumbies nor their leather patched management or supporters (which I have to put up with at work) but I do love what they have achieved. If they are the yard stick that we have to use to also gain success I'll make similar comparisions to what I have done till the day I die, and aint no one, including your good self going to stop me.

Cya lata Raider_Azz and have a good day.
I understand what you are saying, perhaps what I said was uncalled for. I apologise.

I for one think the Brumbies management is one of the most unprofessional clubs in Australian sport. Cracking "jokes" about Raiders crowd sizes to the media a few years ago, acting as if they own Bruce Stadium when there was a fixture clash, and this year sacking their premiership winning coach behind his back and then telling the media before he even found out himself.

I would rather have the "duds" we have at the Raiders right now then the scum that is the Brumbies.

GreenGuy

The Super 12 draw for 2005 was released today. Isn't it a little unfair that the Brumbies get first choice for when they play their home games?

On the bright side 3 of their 5 home games will be played before the NRL season kicks off, and here's hoping they don't get any home finals.