What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Burger Is Gone

macnaz

Staff member
I just heard on the news that Jb has been released from the club as of now and will join the knights.

macnaz

Staff member
Yep im sure the kid has some talent there, so maybe Smith might be able to help him utiliise it. End of the day he wont be missed here except im sure for the LOL factor. Ill miss the burger jokes lol

N.C.

Juniors
Frees up some major money in the cap with no real loss to our roster. Hope he gets a run or two at the Knights. Preferably when they play the Tigers again, so we can exploit him!

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
WESTS Tigers back Shannon McDonnell has been released by the club to link immediately with NRL rivals Newcastle.
McDonell, 21, will join the Knights for the remainder of 2009, the Tigers said in a statement.
The fullback or winger had been slated as Brett Hodgson's heir apparent in the Tigers' No.1 jersey, but struggled to dislodge Tim Moltzen from the position and has played only one first grade game this season.
"I have enjoyed my time here at Wests Tigers and I look forward to starting afresh in Newcastle," McDonnell said in the statement.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/nrl/story/0,27074,25442548-14823,00.html

And there was much rejoicing.

Next...Morris

69-05-41

Juniors
Good riddance, commiserations to Newcastle though. Only Joel Caine was more useless than this guy. IMO this is better than a win! Hopefully daddy isn’t far behind.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
he was clearly on around 900k.

Once Morris departs, we'll have enough coin to buy the Test side

aids

Bench
$200k for 3 seasons...

minimum contract for a top 25 player is 80-85k year
no way we was on unders, so either it's a 200k a year, or 100k a year and newcastle only paying him 50k(not in the top 25).
although i might be wrong.

i took it as being 200k per year, but i might be wrong.