What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

the bye points?

Nullajet

Juniors
Looking at the ladder we are on 16 points yet have had 2 byes...are the byes only worth 1 competition point each? because we have won 7 games which gives us 14.

I was getting excited thinking we should go to 18 pts but obviously looking at other teams wins and points the 2 points bye is not the case....anyone know why its only 1 point this time around?

Nullajet

Juniors
stuuuuuupid me! for some reason I thought we had already had one bye...and this was our second.

Geez I wish they would get rid of the bye..its dumb to have them in an even numbered competition!

wobbegong

Juniors
I'm with ya. I always find it biassed how certain clubs 'require' a bye around State of Origin times. Surely clubs playing with so many rep players each week.....don't need anymore advantages! *Whinge, Whinge*

Nuffs

Bench
i totally agree with the BYE system this year

for once we don't have the same teams getting byes in origin/test weeks

every team got a fair go in the allocation of bye's. about time

Nullajet

Juniors
Nuffs said:
i totally agree with the BYE system this year

for once we don't have the same teams getting byes in origin/test weeks

every team got a fair go in the allocation of bye's. about time

I agree with the allocation being better...but FFS why have them at all???

and thankyou cardshark..its always great to get some confirmation mate!! :lol:

Drugs in Ipswich???? Surely not Go Nulla!!

hammo1405

Juniors
You need them, you can't expect sides to play 25 weeks in a row. Players just wouldn't last the season, especially rep playesr.

Nuffs

Bench
Nullajet said:
I agree with the allocation being better...but FFS why have them at all???

and thankyou cardshark..its always great to get some confirmation mate!! :lol:

Drugs in Ipswich???? Surely not Go Nulla!!

yeah i suppose it at least gives a slight advantage to the teams with plenty of rep players. i'm glad we had the bye last week. we would have been snapped

and just thinking about it - the Warriors would have to have a bye in the Anzac test week. otherwise they'd have no-one in their squad

Nullajet

Juniors
hammo1405 said:
You need them, you can't expect sides to play 25 weeks in a row. Players just wouldn't last the season, especially rep playesr.

yeah the poor buggers ....must be really tough especially since thats all they are paid to do!!

ridiculous....they are PROFESSIONALS apparantly...and all they do is train and play...one week off in the 25 rounds is going to make a huuuuuuuuuuuuuge deal.

seriously....there is no need for a bye!

Nullajet said:
yeah the poor buggers ....must be really tough especially since thats all they are paid to do!!

ridiculous....they are PROFESSIONALS apparantly...and all they do is train and play...one week off in the 25 rounds is going to make a huuuuuuuuuuuuuge deal.

seriously....there is no need for a bye!

The players getting a needle to play in less pain each week probably disagree. A week off can help them get over a niggle or three. Week in week out NRL football is bloody hard on the body.

Nullajet

Juniors
No doubt but their predecessers seemed to manage in the tough grind as well as working jobs throught the week.

come on...thats the whole idea of picking a squad of 25...injuries will always exist even if you played 5 games a season...a bye is unnecessary in an even team comp and they are well paid professionals who should be able toget through a season. And like i said do you really think 1 week off is the answer to their prayers?? The bye is a farce!! shorten the season if you must but piss the bye off. I hate the weekend my team is not playing....even if it does mean a sure 2 points!

carcharias

Immortal
well I reckon they should play in summer.

Imagine standing on the hill on a balmy saturday night in your boardies and thongs drinking piss?

beautiful...