What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

THE CH. 9 COMMENTRY TEAM

matt81

Juniors
I have just heard that the ch.9 commentry team gets to choose what game that want to show on friday night football and sunday football, the nrl does not tell what games to show. So as long as the ch.9 commentry team has the right to choose we will never see North Qld Cowboys game on ch.9 you might get 1or 2 souths and wests tigers games if your lucky you'll get a couple of bulldogs games, warriors games , knights games, broncos games, eels games but week after week you'll get roosters and panthers games on ch. 9 well the ch.9 commentry team like the roosters, so if you are a roosters or panthers fan you don't have to get foxtel pay-tv service to see your team play each week cause they are all on for free on ch.9 every other teams fan if they wanna see all their teams games have to get foxtel ch.9 pull your finger out.

Razor

Coach
You don't need pay TV - and if you only want Fox Sports there are cheaper alternatives than Foxtel anyway

Goto a pub or club and watch the games there. That's free.

rugged

Juniors
Why not show teams like Cowboys v Rabbitohs? Even matchups. Tell them all not to drop the ball though. :roll:

MTK

Juniors
You had more opportunity to see these kinds of matches, which can be interesting in their own right when the ABC used to televise Saturday afternoon games.
The ABC were cut out of the loop when Pay TV came in as they wanted to show games live, exclusively.
As I understand it now, Ch 9 gets first pickings for Fri night and Sunday arvo, and then Fox chooses the rest.
The scheduling for grounds like the SFS and Bruce Stadium is subject to Super 12, whose dates are chosen much longer in advance.

choc_soldier

Coach
The Panthers barely got any Channel 9 games up until last year, when we started performing - now we seem to have a game every week, because of our success.

I would like to see the Cowboys, Bunnies, Tigers and all of the "low ranked" teams as well on free to air, but I'm afraid it's the way they do it - they want games that'll rate. Can hardly blame them, but it does get a bit frustrating when you seem to see the same 6 or 7 teams on :::9.

Swampdonkey

Juniors
Razor said:
You don't need pay TV - and if you only want Fox Sports there are cheaper alternatives than Foxtel anyway

Goto a pub or club and watch the games there. That's free.

It's not cheaper if you like beer....

My understanding is that Ch 9 picks games 4 weeks in advance, so at that point they will select the game they think will get the most ratings. More often than not it would be the 2 games with the best teams each round.

I would love to watch the Tigers every week on Ch 9, but that won't happen until they are performing well. So at the moment i would much rather Ch 9 show a Roosters vs Brisbane game on Friday night as opposed to a Cronulla vs North QLD game. I don't have any problems with the games Channel 9 select.

What i do have a problem with is Channel 9 not playing the games live. At the moment they are doing whatever they can to get maximum revenue from the game. To the point this year where they extend Friday nights 80 minute game over 2 and a half hours. I think the NRL needs to step in next time free to air TV rights are for sale and say you can only have the game if you play it live. Surely the NRL is not that poor that they need to let free to air TV channels dictate what they are going to broadcast.....

I don't know everything about TV rights to league and am only commenting on what i know. So please let me know if i am off the mark with something......

Razor

Coach
I think the NRL needs to step in next time free to air TV rights are for sale and say you can only have the game if you play it live.

The NRL don't want the regular club games shown live as it takes away from the gate.

steven_tiger

Juniors
panthers vs tigers got the round 8 friday night game... first time since 2000 ( i think) tigers get a friday nighter.

id rather fox did the games anyway.. they go on with a lot less bullsh*t.

The_Savage_1

Juniors
steven_tiger said:
panthers vs tigers got the round 8 friday night game... first time since 2000 ( i think) tigers get a friday nighter.

id rather fox did the games anyway.. they go on with a lot less bullsh*t.

no offence, but geez that's a terrible choice, even more so when you see the other great games to choose from on that weekend.

Grantwhy

Juniors
Danish Moo Cow said:
When the Cowboys are performing, they'll get coverage. Let us know when that occurs.

Funny that. Every team that finished below the Cowboys last year had games shown on Ch.Nein.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Gee guys, if only you didn't want to go to your teams home games - you could come over here. This weekend:

Roosters/Broncos: Live
Warriors/Knights: Live
Sharks/Cows: Live
Panthers/Storm: Live
Double Header: Live

Last week they only delayed the Cowboys/Tiges game to 6am on Sunday...for old Motorcross rubbish, however they replay most of the games during the week.

But i'd rather be able to go to more live league than one Warriors loss..er, game every two weeks.

miccle

Bench
How's this for a joke - in round 7 I believe... Broncos vs. Panthers. Suncorp Stadium. FRIGGIN SUNDAY AFTERNOON! If that doesn't warrant a friday night game, nothing does!

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Channel 9s show ponies - aka the Roosters - are obviously more important, playing a match which promises boredom against the Dragons.

Seeing as how it is mostly Sydney game, you would think they would put it on Fox and let the crowd come in. But i guess thats a little too clever.

Latest posts