What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Chanel 9 general Incompetence and unprofessionalism thread

Yoda

Juniors
The cricket promo as the game finished tonight I suppose is a reflection on their unprofessionalism.

As was Ray Warren congratulating Dennis Cometti who commentates on a different code on a different channel with about 2 minutes to go. Please retire Ray.

Dodgy

Juniors
I don't think that was such a big deal tbh. I know a lot of you guys get a bit touchy over any mentioning AFL related. He probably knows Denis personally and took the opportunity to congratulate him publicly.

Burwood

Bench
What was the go with the volume being switched right down once the game was over? I wanted to hear the atmosphere of the crowd going wild and players celebrating, but all I got was muffled sounds.

Brutus

Referee
As was Ray Warren congratulating Dennis Cometti who commentates on a different code on a different channel with about 2 minutes to go. Please retire Ray.

That was f**king disgraceful. Decides to bring that shit sport into it in the tense dying moments. Could you imagine an AFL commenator doing the same for a RL commentator in the final 2 minutes of their GF? Go away Ray your last good call was back in 1993.

Nerd

Bench
Hopefully with Ray Warren retiring Nein can have a clean out of their commentary team. The removal of Gould and Fittler would be wonderful.

Brutus

Referee
Andrew Johns, Locker and Brad Fittler were woeful on the sideline. Can hardly understand Fittler and Locker when they ask questions. Nine's ratings have been poor this year with many watching Fox Sports now. Nien needs a massive clean-out.

axe&smash&crush

Juniors

He mentioned the Bulldogs win the AFL three times also. It was disgrace of a call. It reminded me of Rex mossep in his final days of calling, particularly the 1989 grand final where after Steve jacksons try he rabbited on about a similar try scored by George piggins in a club match 20 years earlier. Why does Ray feel he needs to explain the rules of the game to "the people who only watch the grand final" f&@k sake

Nine in general were poor again
- Freddy mucking around calling the state cup
- sound issues
- unnecessary spidercam shots
- Rays pre-game promos, yuck
- Rays babbling on about record crowds

Diesel

Referee
Any know of any e-petition going around ATM about Nine and their disgraceful ways? KOwas supposed to be at 7:15, then there was a Tweet by Triple M to say it was moved to 7:28 because of the prematch "entertainment" which was anything but entertainment (but that's another argument for another day). Nine were also gifted Fri/Sat night finals games in weeks 2 & 3 instead of a Sunday arvo game in return for a twilight GF then around 2012 got their night GF ba k but we never got the Sunday arvo game back. I'm not a purest but I love my Sunday arvo footy. If there's no e-petition going around then join me in asking Greenberg @todd_greenberg why Nine get away with this, and because they paid a lot of money is their answer, it doesn't justify it. The next generation of fans are turning on Saturday or Sunday arvo sport on FTA and its AFL, not RL

nrlnrl

First Grade
Yeah, someone made a good point that the world's biggest sporting bodies (IOC, FIFA, NFL, NBA etc) manage to hit their start times without being controlled by tv. I think they might pay a bit more than Ch9 do for NRL rights too.

Any know of any e-petition going around ATM about Nine and their disgraceful ways? KOwas supposed to be at 7:15, then there was a Tweet by Triple M to say it was moved to 7:28 because of the prematch "entertainment" which was anything but entertainment (but that's another argument for another day). Nine were also gifted Fri/Sat night finals games in weeks 2 & 3 instead of a Sunday arvo game in return for a twilight GF then around 2012 got their night GF ba k but we never got the Sunday arvo game back. I'm not a purest but I love my Sunday arvo footy. If there's no e-petition going around then join me in asking Greenberg @todd_greenberg why Nine get away with this, and because they paid a lot of money is their answer, it doesn't justify it. The next generation of fans are turning on Saturday or Sunday arvo sport on FTA and its AFL, not RL

Afl prelims were Friday night, Saturday arvo (made early as originally a night game).

undertaker

Coach
I don't have so much of a problem with Ch9 promoting cricket as they have the tv rights to it, and the cricket season doesn't directly compete with the NRL.

However, promoting and making constant references to a rival code (AFL) the NRL is in direct competition with, hosted by a rival tv station (Ch7), is a completely different kettle of fish altogether. That's almost as geniused as McDonalds doing advertisements congratulating KFC and telling viewers the benefits of KFC's chicken wings, or Coca-Cola doing likewise with Pepsi, Sydney Morning Herald praising Rothfield/Wilson/Hooper et al for their journalistic efforts at the Telegraph etc. Do you really think Dennis Commetti, Bruce McAvaney et al at Ch7 give a stuff about Ray Warren, let alone the NRL? I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest that some AFL lackey in Ch9 management last night was passing notes to Ray Warren during the broadcast, to make sure he said what was given to him. We all know Ch9 is filled with pro-AFL people at higher levels of management.

Reminds me a lot of the time when Israel Folau and Karmichael Hunt went to the AFL a few years ago, how on The Footy Show at the time, Fatty would say things like "Oh, I regularly tune in to watch AFL matches. It is a fantastic game and look forward to seeing the brilliant skills that Folau and Hunt can show next year". The comments felt so contrived and unnatural, it had AFL lackeys at Ch9 written all over it (i.e. Fatty was told before the show or during the ad breaks what to say). And sadly, the NRL folk sell out for the money so they can continue with their nice cushy 6-figure jobs. It's like the cash-for-comment version of the term 'casting couch'.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The ch9 tackle count machine seemed to have problems on and off through the game. Sometimes it was wrong and others it disappeared all together. Quality.

Dodgy

Juniors
C9 should've delayed the start by even longer so we could watch Ricciardo win the Malaysian GP.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Agreed, though the joy of having fox is I could watch them both at same time lol.
Thankfully that is the last nine game I have to watch until Origin next year.

LESStar58

Referee
Melbourne not even worthy of 4 Nations broadcasting . set my alarm for 6am to find it is not on at all.

Mega pissed off right now!