What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The change has to be made NOW !

matPORTS

Juniors
Another anger post. I know!

But we can't just let our season slip away to nothing.

Word is we are close to going overs on the second tier salary cap, thus making it a challenge now to promote and blood the younger brigade ahead of next year. Quite frankly this is like going delivered-overbooked on all of my projects at work. My superiors would seriously be questioning my competence and likely be considering my future with the company. Whereas the powers that be at this club will continue to get celebratory Chinese and Crown Lager dinners. The level of incompetence in this place just totally stinks!

Mary needs to be sacked by Monday morning.

Put in an interim coach for the rest of the season - Ben Hornby. Once the coach changes, the players no longer have an excuse not to perform!

Begin the search for our 2017 (and beyond) coach. All the potential options have been touted on these forums many times (in no particular order):

Michael McGuire
Ivan Cleary
Geoff Toovey
Tony Smith
Hell... I'd even be putting calls into Kevin Walters and Laurie Daley. Both of these guys, even if rookies at NRL coaching level, have been around the emerging QLD and NSW systems. They would surely have influence in terms of attracting the right junior talent to the club for the future (this will be a very important part of our re-building process). More importantly, they are a better option than promoting another rookie from the proverbial boys club!

Surely the penny has dropped, Doust??!! Stop living in denial and get this place moving again.

Red V for life

Juniors
I'm starting to lean towards Madge. Got that hard, tough edge i think we need in our next coach.

I don't want Laurie Daley anywhere near the joint. Fair dinkum, i have to rub my eyes when watching Origin to make sure it is NSW and not the Dragons playing.

Also, his team selections and use of the bench are Maryesque.

Tuddy

Juniors
Look mate, love the post and I agree with everything except that bit about Ben Hornby.

I have no issues with Ben, love the guy, but I could see him stringing four or five wins together and then getting signed up yo a three year contract (sound familiar?) and then I can guarantee we'll end up in the same position next year.

This club needs someone with new blood and new ideas from the word go. If anyone should be a caretaker it's got to be Demetriou in my opinion.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Look mate, love the post and I agree with everything except that bit about Ben Hornby.

I have no issues with Ben, love the guy, but I could see him stringing four or five wins together and then getting signed up yo a three year contract (sound familiar?) and then I can guarantee we'll end up in the same position next year.

This club needs someone with new blood and new ideas from the word go. If anyone should be a caretaker it's got to be Demetriou in my opinion.
Like you thinking hes doing a great job with cutter he also did well in qld cup worth a try

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
I'm starting to lean towards Madge. Got that hard, tough edge i think we need in our next coach.

I don't want Laurie Daley anywhere near the joint. Fair dinkum, i have to rub my eyes when watching Origin to make sure it is NSW and not the Dragons playing.

This exactly. Daley and MacGregor are from the same school of coaching. That first origin game was painful, like watching the Dragons play the Dragons.

matPORTS

Juniors
I actually was going to put Demetriou in as my choice for interim, but was also mindful of not disrupting the state of play at the Cutters. Agreed. Am also skeptical about what Hornby might do, and what might happen, if put in as interim (MIGHT being the operative word).

But I'm sure most of us agree, we have to make a change NOW!

emu62

Juniors
I actually was going to put Demetriou in as my choice for interim, but was also mindful of not disrupting the state of play at the Cutters. Agreed. Am also skeptical about what Hornby might do, and what might happen, if put in as interim (MIGHT being the operative word).

But I'm sure most of us agree, we have to make a change NOW!

Correct me if I'm wrong but isnt Demetriou 1st grades current attacking coach as well as the Cutters coach?

Mr Red

First Grade
Supposedly but my understanding is he has very little input as Mary takes control

Yeah the only way he's responsible for both is if he has split personalities ..the difference in playing style between the cutters and firsts is huge...

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
The criteria for a new coach is simple; premiership winner within the last 10 years. Guess that only leaves Madge or Tony Smith.

T Smith already said he wasn't interested in coming back to Australia.

Madge may just get the punt from Souffs they are bad this year also.

saintphil

Juniors

Absolutely agree about Daley not a coaches butt hole, Definitely need a new coach that can attract the right players but cant see dragons board spending any money when they can get guys like Mary, Dean Young,Ben Hornby all for $50 each and they want to hang around there