What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Chicken Dumped

Bluebag

Juniors
The NRL have promoted referee Ben Cummins to the full time squad and left out Matt Cecchin. About time, Cummins is a talented and consistent referee while Cecchin is simply self absorbed and overated how he ever got the chance to referee first grade I will never now.

Cecchin is a twit. He was incompetent and out of his depth at Metro Cup level in the late 90s. Naturally, they promoted him two levels higher so he could display his 'er, "expertise" on a bigger stage.

High time he went.

Bluebag

Juniors
His big head will hopefully be deflated a bit. Even the elephant man would be embarassed by the size of it.

innsaneink

Referee
One of peanut head Cecchins worst games i reckon was a manly Souths affair '03 i think it was, he sent both Menzies and Fletcher to the bin, because he didnt want them , as captains talking to him, effectively ruining a game to prove a point. He seemed to take a lot personally, couldnt differentiate a game as a ref to real life as a person, IMO.

No picture, but here's a description of some of his best work:

Redfern Oval:
Newtown are on the attack, with minutes to go and behind by two, if I recall.

We kick to the in-goal and a defender picks up the ball, runs a yard into the field of play and then drops as if shot without a hand laid on him.

A Jets player marks up on him and he plays the ball - still no tackle. The Jets marker claims an involuntary tackle and therefore a penalty.

Cecchin offers to bin the Jets player for telling him how to ref the game. The touchie has stepped onto the field with his flag up to tell Cecchin of the penalty.

He waves them all away (with time still running during all this) and signals play on.

What a mook.

And he never got any better than that.

innsaneink

Referee
checcin6_jpg.jpeg

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Warriors vs Cowboys at Ericsson 03
Warriors vs Roosters at SFS 04
Warriors vs Cowboys at Ericsson 04

Watch and laugh at some of his decisions.

aids

Bench
archer and hayne would trouble me if they were touchies at an under 10's weekend game.