What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The chip & chase.

Since 73

First Grade
Remember Latu perfecting the chip last year before being chased out of town.

Phil Blake was a master - he was kicking balls off the outside of his foot even before Johns.

Probably one of the best ever would have to be one of Et's because it involved 2 kicks and the degree of dificulty was extraordinary plus there would not be too many other players who could ever pull it off.
Don't know who we were playing (raiders?) but he chipped over the top aiming for the ball to land between the first line and the deeper standing fullback.
ET got to the ball before it bounced, and kicked it again on the full over the fullback's head.
Regathered and scored.

MusiC FreaK

Juniors
It wasn't a chip... but remember in the 99 Qualifying Final against the Broncs... Chris McKenna offloaded and the ball went out wide to Brett Howland who ran down the sideline and grubbered back in field for Adam Dykes to score...

That was awesome! There were some really great Brett Howland tries during his time at the Sharks too... particularly in 99. :D

MusiC FreaK

Juniors
How about that game against Canterbury... round 6 I think of 99... Did Rogers score in the corner from a chip or was it ET? It was a great try!

chili pepper

Bench
Nick Graham also put an awesome chip over for an outside back in a semi v Canterbury about 5 years ago. Perhaps the 2nd minute of the game?

That was the start on the carnage in probably the best Sharks performance I've seen

Alan Shore

First Grade
Dread said:
I remember a sweet one by ET for Matty Rogers down the left hand side in 2000 against the Dragons.

Funnily enough, that's what came to my mind too.

I also remember a great try from Round 3, 2001 against Canberra I think. From a scrum, the Ferris passed to Dykes who booted it down the right flank for Colin Best to score in the corner. Not a chip but still creative.

Dorsel

Juniors
MusiC FreaK said:
It wasn't a chip... but remember in the 99 Qualifying Final against the Broncs... Chris McKenna offloaded and the ball went out wide to Brett Howland who ran down the sideline and grubbered back in field for Adam Dykes to score...

That was awesome! There were some really great Brett Howland tries during his time at the Sharks too... particularly in 99. :D

Speaking of Howland I reckon he woulda been screaming for the ball off Kearney this arvo following that great kick return run in the 2nd half...................

Dorsel said:
Speaking of Howland I reckon he woulda been screaming for the ball off Kearney this arvo following that great kick return run in the 2nd half...................

Sadly Dorsel, no-one was :(

newman

First Grade
In 2003 in the PISSING down rain against Newcastle with a crowd in of around 5000 I saw Noddy set up a very impressive try.

He gets the ball infield on about half way. Chips and chases and just after the first bounce picks the ball up of his ankles at full speed in the wet. With Drugs Odavis closing in he looks across field and snaps another cross field kick, perfectly weighted and Franze has an easy chase, he just has to catch it and fall over the line. All done a million miles an hour, under pressure and pinpoint accurate. What happened?
We lost that game too.

Latest posts