What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Class of Jason Smith

nqboy

First Grade
He was the difference yesterday. For all their individual brilliance, the Cowboys lacked composure in a crisis, trying to play off the top of their heads instead of playing to structure. Smith steered the Raiders around the park and controlled play so well.

What a difference he could have made to Qld's Origin chances if he hadn't been tapped on the shoulder.

Raider_69

Post Whore
He wasnt tapped on the shoulder but your point is a valid one, he would make a tremendous amount of difference to QLD, him at half and Locky at 5/8th... fair dinkum unstopable IMO

He is a fair dinkum champion

nqboy

First Grade
Not tapped on the shoulder?

At the start of the season he was red hot to play Origin, then a sudden change of mind.

You believe what you want, but I know what it looks like to me.

Raiders Plight

Juniors
He's unbeleivable. He's as important to us as Locky is to the broncos, Joey to the knights and Fittler to the roosters. I feel we can beat anyone with him in the side.

Raider_69

Post Whore
He pulled out after the shots by Menzies... that in a club game, he'd come under alot more punishment in origin and decided since canberra gave him a chance he would return the favour to us as if he played origin he definately miss 3 games, plus probably 3 more as his body is able to back up quickly and thats if he didnt get any niggling injuries...

and mate we continually bitch about never getting rep players even when we are on top the ladder and undefeated (03 and 05 as examples) so why when we look like finally getting one would we yank him?

nqboy

First Grade
That's what I said, tapped on the shoulder. Footballers just want to play football, particularly at the top level.

The saddest part of his career is that he never competed long enough at the top level to be rated one of the greats, as his talent demanded.

But, as I said, you believe what you want.

nqboy

First Grade
Raider_69 said:
and mate we continually bitch about never getting rep players even when we are on top the ladder and undefeated (03 and 05 as examples) so why when we look like finally getting one would we yank him?
Coz rep football will only make your young players better. Smith won't improve playing rep football, only risk getting hurt. And he's too valuable to the Raiders to take that chance.

ThrashViking

Juniors
Freakin excellent last night but geez his voice sounds terrible though.
What happened? Not even the biggest chain smokers sounds as bad as Jason Smith.

Raiders Plight

Juniors
ThrashViking said:
Freakin excellent last night but geez his voice sounds terrible though.
What happened? Not even the biggest chain smokers sounds as bad as Jason Smith.

Not as bad as gary larson.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Red and Blue Knight said:
He's copped a few forearms to the throat. It's f**ked his voice box up.

yea he copped a really bad knock to the throat, it apparently cracked his voice box and he's been like that since

woodgers

Bench
He defended on the side of the ground I was sitting in the 1st half and the Cowboys ran a lot of players at him so he handled it well. He also copped about 3 late ones. He is absolutely brilliant in everything he does, it must be hard for opposition coach's to plan against him because he makes it up as he goes.

insider

Juniors
the reason why hes good now is because hes old

5/8s and halves dont peak till about 30

they need to acquire the intellect, you know intellect? to steer a team around the park, history suggests old people do this goodness

Jono078

Referee
I agree with Tommy's last post.

In saying that I would love to see Johns Vs. Lockyer+Smith.

Smith is awsome!

Raider_69

Post Whore
cheak it out insider, despite "disrespecting" you im still here
you got nothin you clown :lol: