What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Cricket Quiz

We are moving out of the footy season, so how about a cricket quiz?

I'd like to put a few limitations on this quiz though. The reason - I think, this being a fun type thread, it should involve as many people as possible. That includes people who just want to be able to answer the questions from memory and not go through extensive searches or rely on a reference library. I don't mean this as a critism of the 'footy quiz' thread, which has some marvelous facts come to light at times, I just want this thread to be more accessable for us people without a mania for sporting history.

Anyway, the limits are;

All questions are to be about something that happened in the game of cricket within the lastfifteen years.

Question 1/ Name the player who was nicknamed 'big bird'

imported_Outlaw

Juniors
Thanks.
In the 1996 Cricket World Cup, there were a total of five players with the firstname Steve that participated in the competition. Name all five players (first and last name), as well as the teams they represented?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Steve
Steven
Stevo
Stephen
and...can't remember the last one...

:D

Sorry Outlaw... last names coming up ;)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Who has scored the most runs in a one day World Cup Cricket match?
How many runs and what year(s) did he/she score them?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Controversy in the Cricket thread....! Sorry guys. I'm deeply embarrassed. I thought I had the women's cricket covered... that's why I said he/she.

El Duque...you are correct.