What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Cricket Quiz

D

dubopov

No Lloyd..No Proctor..Hint#5 Two Test captains were involved.....Hint #6...before Proctor and Lloyd's Test careers started...

D

dubopov

Hint#7..Oops...The batsman involved is not the UMPIRE after all..He is/was in fact a man of the cloth whose almost namesake is a very prominent Umpire who has officiated in over 50 Tests and 100 ODI's...

imported_midas

Juniors
The batsman was obviously David Sheppard,who later became a high office-bearer in the C of E (a Bishop,I think).Don,t remember the incident so I haven,t a clue as to the fieldsmen.

D

dubopov

Yes ..the Rev David Sheppard was the batsman...Hint#8....One of the fieldsmen is still a prominent figure in the game...

D

dubopov

Not a bad effort there Bronco...Two of the fieldsmen have been named...Hint#9..the legend who took the catch and the bowler are both deceased...

D

dubopov

Yes...and Hint#10..the bowler and catcher were both from QLD..

D

dubopov

Bronco..when I said "yes" before it was to say.. yes..Benaud and Simpson were the "droppers"...

D

dubopov

Well deduced Bronco !!...2nd slip Benaud juggled the catch..then 1st slip Simpson tried to get it..but the catch was taken by Grout who dived over Simpson to glove the ball..Adelaide 1962..Ironically the Rev Sheppard was considered to be one of the worst catchers of his time..Apparently his wife advised a friend from giving him the baby to hold because he "would probably drop it".!!...Over to you Bronco !!

D

dubopov

Hmm...This sounds like one of those trick questions..Is there a minimum number of Wickets or could it be some bloke who bowled one over and took 1 for 2 ??