What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The crowd

PARRACHILEAN

Juniors
Hello Fellow parra fans who believes telstra will have more than 50k people on saturday night. Unfortunaetly monetary restrictions has prevented me going but i will be going to the leagues club and watch it there.

What does everyone think????

The Kennel is reporting PAX numbers in the 35,000. So with Telstra Stadium Memberships and the X Seats, I think you can safely say we are over 40,000.

ouwet

Bench
Been reported that 38,000 tickets have been sold (Including corporates)...

Nrl are hopeful of 60,000 +.

They're already selling tickets for the top tiers which are never opened for normal games.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
LebaneseForces said:
Been reported that 38,000 tickets have been sold (Including corporates)...

Nrl are hopeful of 60,000 +.

They're already selling tickets for the top tiers which are never opened for normal games.

The noise factor will be fully sik. I swear to god !!

Imagine a full sell out. This is worthy of a GF in it's own right.

emjaycee

Coach
eelz47 said:
whats pax stand for????

its huuuuuuuuuuuuge i tell

Abbreviation of passengers (from airline and shipping industries) now used to indicate number of tickets where 1 ticket = 1 person/passenger.

Suitman

Post Whore
Well, with approximately 40 000 tickets confirmed, and another couple of days to go before the game, pre-match sales may reach 45 - 48 000.
It will then be interesting to see what sort of roll up crowd turns up on top of pre-sales.
This is an extraordinary number of pre-sales.
There'd only need to be another 10 or so thousand of walk ups to reach the magical 60 000 mark.
Quite astonishing really.

Suity

forward pass

Coach
Suitman said:
Well, with approximately 40 000 tickets confirmed, and another couple of days to go before the game, pre-match sales may reach 45 - 48 000.
It will then be interesting to see what sort of roll up crowd turns up on top of pre-sales.
This is an extraordinary number of pre-sales.
There'd only need to be another 10 or so thousand of walk ups to reach the magical 60 000 mark.
Quite astonishing really.

Suity

Given these two sides have the biggest supporter base of the Sydney sides - not entirely astonishing.

I would be disappointed if they didn't get 60k. There is no reason why it shouldn't happen. If this game can't get that sort of crowd then it will never happen (except GF)

Suitman

Post Whore
forward pass said:
Given these two sides have the biggest supporter base of the Sydney sides - not entirely astonishing.

I would be disappointed if they didn't get 60k. There is no reason why it shouldn't happen. If this game can't get that sort of crowd then it will never happen (except GF)

It's astonishing considering that the 60 000 mark has NEVER been reached for a semi-final.

Suity

Utey

Coach
forward pass said:

It's true that "we only come when we're winning"

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
Pity really, with any decent marketing by the NRL... by them making out that this game was the place to be, an 'event'. We could have sold out, what a statement that wouldve been!

forward pass

Coach
Suitman said:
It's astonishing considering that the 60 000 mark has NEVER been reached for a semi-final.

Suity

But we never had a ground big enough to do that? And since 99 when the stadium opened there have actually been very few finals between good drawing Sydney teams.

Suitman

Post Whore
forward pass said:
But we never had a ground big enough to do that? And since 99 when the stadium opened there have actually been very few finals between good drawing Sydney teams.

I know what you are saying though.
Yes we should get 60 000 - no excuses really.

It's just nice to see though, don't you reckon?

BTW, I was at the 1977 Grand Final (the draw) and the crowd was 65 959, so there WAS a ground big enough.

Suity

Latest posts