What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The downward spiral

legend

Coach
Which teams that have enjoyed success this year and over the past couple of seasons will find themselves on the downward spiral next year?

I think the Warriors are on the downward spiral and the Bulldogs will suffer some short term pain having lost four regular first grade players in Vagana, Talau, Reardon and Norton.

I think the Roosters are in for a lot of long term pain once Freddy and Ricketson hang up their boots.

I'm still not sold on the Sharks or Manly. I don't think either side did enough in the player market to make themselves contenders next season.

The Eels will improve slightly but they have to discard the dead wood in their club before they will get close to winning a premiership again.

Tigerpete

Juniors
i expect improvement next year from: Sharks, Tigers, Panthers and Storm, Cowboys.

Teams i expect will slide : Eagles, Souths and Newcaslte.

Tigerpete

Juniors
legend Posted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 11:38 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Souths? How can they slide any lower? Possibly to Premier League?

LOL, Fair point, i guess what i really meant was that the teams above them now, Tigers, Sharks and so on have improved their squads for next season while souths havent really made one notable signing, therefore im thinking the 10 point gap which stands there this season may actually get bigger next season.

kaon

Juniors
Tigers and Storm up the ladder while, Newcastle and the Dragons down the snake. :eek:

ozzie

Bench
I can see Canberra going down - they are one dimensional and teams will find their play easy to read - once that happens they have nothing...

Penrith are the team that will improve on this year and I see them as a force for some years to come.

legend said:
I think the Warriors are on the downward spiral .

are you serious this season we haven't had 1 game that our 3 best players(pj , ali and stacey) have been on the field at the same time. Next season we will be gaining a goal kicker and talented centre in tony martin alot of our younger players have gained alot experience aswell.

1 webb
2 fafili
3 martin
4 toopi
5 meli
6 hohaia
7 jones
8 seuseu
9 betham(until marsh gets back)
10 villa
11 ali
12 guttenbiel
13 faumuina(when marsh gets back betham back to lock )
14 jobson
15 sullivan
16 feka/tooks
17 koopu( marsh gets back faumuina takes his spot on the bench)

ozzie said:
I can see Canberra going down - they are one dimensional and teams will find their play easy to read - once that happens they have nothing....

We're only going in one direction. And that's up.

JoeD

First Grade
Penrith are the team that will improve on this year and I see them as a force for some years to come.

I'm not sure about that. Penrith remind me a lot of the warriors last year. They've surprised lots of people and if they come first or second in the minor premiership are a good chance to make the grand final. Next year people will be much more aware of their game and their ability. teams will be 'up' when playing them and they may suffer for this as the warriors have this year. An injury here or there, (especially to Gower) would see them not perform next year as they did this.

I may be biased but I think the warriors will be better next year. With a couple of good signings next years squad looks better and more balanced, more like the 2002 squad that got them to the grand final.

Nuffs

Bench
sharks will bounce back on one condition:

Ando Jr is put in Divvy. or even better, put into A Grade for Gymea!

hrundi99

First Grade
DaleyIsGod said:
ozzie said:
I can see Canberra going down - they are one dimensional and teams will find their play easy to read - once that happens they have nothing....

We're only going in one direction. And that's up.

Agreed.

We have a very balanced team (no outstanding individuals who make the difference like Johns, etc) and good depth.

If teams haven't really figured us out after 22 rounds, why would they suddenly next year?

82notout

Juniors
Canberra, Cronulla, & Penrith will only get better.

Newcastle and Brisbane(minus Lockyer & Tallis) to get worse.

Special K

Coach
the sharks will go good next year.

They needed a winger and a centre and they picked up two good ones. We have also brought up some great talent into the top grade team like Newton, Galloway, Aitken etc.

They should make the 8 next year. And also if they don't have major injuries to blokes like Noddy, Stevo, Beattie and Peachey again then they could be a top team again.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Parramatta will definately improve next year........im predicting top 4 material

This should be there first choice side next year!!

1. Luke Burt or Ashley Graham
2. Eric Grothe Jr
3. Jamie Lyon
4. David Vaealiki
5. Matt Peterson
6. Chris Thorman
7. Michael Witt
8. Aaron Cannings
9. Lee Hopkins
10. Michael Vella
11. Nathan Cayless
12. Nathan Hindmarsh
13. Daniel Wagon

14. John Morris
15. David Solomona
16. Chris Muckett
17. Craig Stapelton

On stand by

18. Dean Widders
19. Shane Muspratt
20. Chris Armit
21. Justin Tsolous
22. Adam Dykes
23. James Webster

The forward pack we will have next year will be awesome with great depth!!

I expect Canterbury to slide out of the top 4 but still competitive!!, Crounulla to definately improve along side the Tigers & Dragons!!

I expect Souths to only improve slightly...maybe to 13th, Newcastle will be a tad inconsistent aswell next year....the Warriors to also improve!!

Bazal

Post Whore
I too am feeling very optimistic about a Graham, Thorman, Witt, Hopkins spine.

I'm almost certain Shane Muspratt played some six and nine that year.... Oh what we would have done then for a Graham, Thorman, Witt and Hopkins spine.