What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Eels off season trivia thread.

jono

Juniors
Oh , great , last turn I had ,Stag and pp carved me up in 5 minutes!
HMMM......
1.Odd man out.....Mick Cronin,Dennis Pittard,Ray Higgs,Peter Sterling
2.Odd man out.....Brett Kenny,Jamie Lyon,Steve Ella,Brett Hodgson
3.First Parramatta try-scorer at Parramatta Stadium.

The Colonel

Immortal
Oh , great , last turn I had ,Stag and pp carved me up in 5 minutes!
HMMM......
1.Odd man out.....Mick Cronin,Dennis Pittard,Ray Higgs,Peter Sterling
2.Odd man out.....Brett Kenny,Jamie Lyon,Steve Ella,Brett Hodgson
3.First Parramatta try-scorer at Parramatta Stadium.

1. Cronin - didn't captain Eels
2. Kenny - never kicked a goal for the club
3. Steve Sharp

The Colonel

Immortal
1. Sterling - none of the others ever kicked a field goal
2. Lyon - the other three played fullback
3. Steve Sharp

The Colonel

Immortal
:lol: Think it might be right the second time around?

Didn't specify the game and as the official first tryscorer I'm sticking with it. To much ambiguity in the questions.

As it stands I didn't argue the point about the Gold Coast Giants, Seagulls and Chargers who all had seperate owners...... :D

jono

Juniors
Didn't specify the game and as the official first tryscorer I'm sticking with it. To much ambiguity in the questions.

As it stands I didn't argue the point about the Gold Coast Giants, Seagulls and Chargers who all had seperate owners...... :D
Who was the first player in a Parramatta two tone jersey to score a try on the new Parramatta Stadium?

The Colonel

Immortal
Who was the first player in a Parramatta two tone jersey to score a try on the new Parramatta Stadium?

As you haven't specified the grade then Steve Sharp is officially credited as the first tryscorer at Parramatta Stadium.

The Colonel

Immortal
Mickdo is on the right track

Again, too much ambiguity in these questions when you ask them No specifics were asked for in the beginning. Can't change your question halfway through because someone got it too quickly.

jono

Juniors
Again, too much ambiguity in these questions when you ask them No specifics were asked for in the beginning. Can't change your question halfway through because someone got it too quickly.
Haven't changed the question , trying to make it more finite.
The original was , who was the first Parramatta player to score a try on Parramatta Stadium. Don't think that's too ambiguous!
Back on deck in 30 minutes

carson

Juniors

two tone jersey?

Doesn't tone imply brightness and darkness of the same colour?

my answer for 2 would be hodgson as all the others played centre for australia.

jono

Juniors
OK , I've stuffed up . the answer to q3 was David Dring , but I thought he was the first try scorer in u23s . In fact , he was the first Parra player to touch the ball. My bad
So I have to defer to Colonel and accept Steve Sharp.
That still leaves q 1 & 2 . Will post clues anon

Oscarman

Juniors
1 is Ray Higgs. The others all won 2 Rothmans Medals.
2 is Brett Hodgson. The others all hold tryscoring records for the club - Lyon (match), Ella (season), Kenny (career)
3 is Steve Sharp

Last edited: