What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Eels Will Get Fixed In 2006!

Morenito

Juniors
Me and my mate has declared that Parra have to win one title before we die.

We are 22 so we figured we have at least another 50 years hopefully for it to happen.
I dont have kids and not married so i am still waiting for the best day of my life. Unfortunately not this year but one day it will happen and boy it will be good.

CrazyEel

Bench
El Diablo said:
any self belief they had was killed yesterday
I disagree, they know what they did yesterday and what could have been. They know they are CAPABLE of going all the way now amd they know what they have to do to do it.

El Diablo

Post Whore
CrazyEel said:
I disagree, they know what they did yesterday and what could have been. They know they are CAPABLE of going all the way now amd they know what they have to do to do it.

now when have i heard that before?

97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02 and now 05

CrazyEel

Bench
El Diablo said:
now when have i heard that before?

97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02 and now 05
Not from me you didn't!

I have always been quite adamant that I didn't believe they could win the games that count under the current regime, but yesterday I changed my mind.

This is a good team and it will overcome the deficiencies IMO.

True EEL

Bench
have i missed something?

from the thread title, we must be having changes in the coaching in 2006

and don't even attempt to call me a bandwagonner, fair-weather support or any of that other crap - i'm an EELS supporter and a realist - and i tell you it's damn hard to be both

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
The one thing i love about being a parra supporter is when we win, opposition fans are no where to be heard....and when we fail, there out in there droves....just puts a smile on my face when i think about the day we win a GF, ohhhh what a day that will be!

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
OH and in 06, at least we know we dont need to do all that Superstitious junk....redback did his thread, grothe didnt sing on thursday night, we played in our yellow Jersey’s and still got done!

the_eel

Juniors
Look who knows what will happen in 2006! There's no doubt that we missed a golden opportunity to take the flag this year but we never know whats around the corner.

The Club unearthed a couple of young talents throughout the year that will only be better for this years experience and god knows maybe Hayne, Inu, fluffy kitten or some other youngster that we don't even know of yet will come through and take us to that next level. Good luck to the youngsters on the weekend and bring on 2006 for the top grade!!

Blu`

Juniors
jayman said:
yeah bloody bandwagoners..... leaving the game 20 mins b4 the finish.. didnt have the decency to stay and watch till the end... after the year they had.. thats the least they could have done for them....

I left 20 minutes before the end and i'am NOT a bandwagon supporter. After the Josh Hannay try i left the stadium with tears in my eyes. I shook hands with a bay a Cowboys supporters (they flew down for the game), congratulated them and jumped on the first train out of Olympic Park. I left because i couldn't bear the see the boys being destroyed like they were being... it's just so hard to watch something you love being smashed to pieces when your powerless to stop it.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Blu` said:
I left 20 minutes before the end and i'am NOT a bandwagon supporter. After the Josh Hannay try i left the stadium with tears in my eyes. I shook hands with a bay a Cowboys supporters (they flew down for the game), congratulated them and jumped on the first train out of Olympic Park. I left because i couldn't bear the see the boys being destroyed like they were being... it's just so hard to watch something you love being smashed to pieces when your powerless to stop it.

I don't completely blame you for not hanging around it was definetly the hardest 20 minutes I've had to endure but I personally owed it to the boys who have given me great pleasure throughout the season to hang in till the death, I'm glad that my brothers and sisters around did the same.

I do undertand how you feel and like Stiff you deal with this sort of thing a bit differently but life goes on.

Suitman

Post Whore
I have only EVER left a game early - when Manly scum beat the Eels 64-16 in 1987.

Even then it was only with 5 minutes to go.

I must say though I didn't see a lot of the last 10 minutes on Sunday - my head was in my hands.

Suity

hindy_fan

Juniors
i dont think it was brian smith's fault we lost at all we didnt even score one single point,even if brian didnt prepare them properly like some people suggested we should of atleast scored a try or kicked a goal, the parra boys let smithy down big time but having said that they have put in a great performance all year to bad they saved their worst performance of the year for such a big game.EELS IN 06

Morenito

Juniors
You cant blame people for leaving early, Bandwagon or not. I was there and i dont remember much of it either. It was all a bit of a blur

eelsta

Bench
cant say i watched much of the second half either, i didnt leave early but could understand the ones that did.

mercifully the hooter went, there was a geniused young man sitting in front of us in tears also another young kid who always goes each week absolutely sobbing in his hands, and me i was bawling as well :( im still struggling to get over it but tommorrow is another day