What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The End Of The Tigers Returning To Rozelle ?

Tiger05

First Grade
Hes entitled to do whatever he wants with his money.

This is like arguing about what charities someone supports.

And the end result is who gives us a shit.

He helped in the past and for whatever reason he doesnt now.

Businesses should be able to survive without hand outs.

Of course he is entitled to do whatever he wants with his money. I also agree that businesses should be able to survive without hand-outs.

At the same time the stronger clubs tend to have wealthy benefactors. We have a guy who probably isn't really that much of a fan though because if I had his money I would spend some on the Tigers and I'm cheap.

Shredder

Juniors
05 I seem to remember something about the NRL preventing him from helping out more than he has.

This all has nothing to do with the team anyway, its the Balmain Leagues club.

The NRL has given to license based on the name Wests Tigers, so the name wont change.

Its sad I used to drink there all the time in my 20s, but plenty of pubs close. Im still more annoyed that the Annandale Hotel doesnt have live bands anymore.

Im more surprised that someone like Justin Hemmes doesnt buy BLC it for the rights to add more poker machines to his arsenal.

Tiger05

First Grade
I can understand Harry not chucking into the leagues club although it would be great if he did.

gordsy

Juniors
Of course he is entitled to do whatever he wants with his money. I also agree that businesses should be able to survive without hand-outs.

At the same time the stronger clubs tend to have wealthy benefactors. We have a guy who probably isn't really that much of a fan though because if I had his money I would spend some on the Tigers and I'm cheap.

From memory he wanted to buy
I can understand Harry not chucking into the leagues club although it would be great if he did.
I think at one stage he voiced Interest in owning the team but that idea was quickly shut down by the club and or nrl. Balmain also approached him about taking on the debt and he told them to get stuffed as he gets all the grief but none of the gravy. If Balmain can't run themselves properly it's a bit rich to ask him to give his money but have no Input.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Harry lol

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/bi...t-in-buying-wests-tigers-20150812-gixnrk.html

“Nobody can support a team that is all the time on the bottom, that's a waste of time. If I feel we can come off it, that's different. They will have to talk with me, my way. I'm a businessman, that's all. If I do it, I do it properly. I will never do it any other way."

I like this one as well from the same article

“Triguboff has already contributed millions to the Tigers over the years. Most recently, the property magnate built a kitchen in the club's training base at Concord”

I wonder if it’s the same kitchen where the boys made sandwiches for everyone else :)

macnaz

Staff member
I guess to put it in context.. if average Joe Blow had $10,000 in savings and contributed 1% of their savings to the club we would be talking $100 .. but a lot of supporters would probably spend $1000 or more over a season on tickets merchandise and food etc..
If big fan Harry was to contribute just 1% as well .. we would be looking at $127 million ..
So i guess his million a season ..although the club would have been very grateful is pretty piss poor in the scheme of things.. but we did get a kitchen as well i suppose.

Tiger Woody

Juniors
Trigger Boff is a tightarse.......
Send the old boy off to the old persons home.
I was told NEVER buy a Meriton apartment....lol