What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Footy Show

Surandy

Bench
Mr Saab said:
i am looking forward to this :

M Johns : "Andrew has been training so well in the off season and is fitter than i have ever seen him. The knights are going to have a great yr. Also, watch Brian Carney, he will lead the league in tries"

I thought he spent more time talking up the Storm.

The fact that he is on the Storm's payroll as a consultant or some such clearly had nothing to do with it. ;-)

brooksy19 said:
Wonder if "That's Gold!" has been revamped ?

Both the Dog Squad and thats gold are sh*t the only difference is fortunately they realised that the dog squad was shat and axed it immediately!

I pity the fools that watched this show, I wish they'd put down like a deranged dog anyone who looked forward to it!

wittyfan

Referee
I only watched bits pieces of it last night but gees Channel 9 have some real problems with their schedule.

The Preacher

First Grade
parra_panther said:
Sounds like I didn't miss out on much then.

Looking at the TV Guide, it looks like the Sunday Roast and Boot N All will not be returning... a 90 minute Sunday Footy Show instead.

I don't mind if The Sunday Roast gets the flick, but I do enjoy Boot's n All.
Being an older sort of bloke, I liked the flash backs and the where are they now style interviews.
Both the shows being axed are better than Sunday Footy Show, IMHO. :?

Danish

Referee
parra_panther said:

Looking at the TV Guide, it looks like the Sunday Roast and Boot N All will not be returning... a 90 minute Sunday Footy Show instead.

Thats f**king terrible!!

Boots'n'all is how the footy show should be when they are mucking around, and the Sunday Roast is how the footy show should be when they are talking footy.

I watched the footyshow last night and will continue to watch it because frankly anything even remotely associated with footy and i'm there....

But FFS Eddie give em the script the the melbourne footyshow, replace the logos and make them follow it!! What kind of match previews are they honestly?? No team lists, no news, nothing. Absolute sh*te.

Mr Saab

Referee
boots and all has run its course.
it was on for 4 yrs and after a while they started to re hash the same footage.
Mullins chip and chase.
Seers chasing mullins
Albert chasing seers.
Albert 97 GF try.
Became tiresome

Dogs Of War

Coach
Damn, I enjoyed the show. I missed the first 30minutes. But I thought for a change the whole show focused on footy. I found it very entertaining.

Agent Mulder

Bench
Wow, I don't think anyone cares for the show anymore, I didn't even notice it was on, Maybe if they talked more about League then Maybe more People will watch it.

Pigskin

Juniors
I thought Eddie McGuire was supposed to be on ... didn't happen ... i read somewhere he would be

being the new CEO of Channel 9 and living in Sydney

Oink !

The Preacher

First Grade
wittyfan said:
I'll give Mario's new segment three weeks before they stop doing that. :lol:

I didn't think they'd return after the first crossover, no matter what they do with the Falcon has the entertainment value of pulling teeth.:(
icon13.gif

Dogs Of War

Coach
Agent Mulder said:
Wow, I don't think anyone cares for the show anymore, I didn't even notice it was on, Maybe if they talked more about League then Maybe more People will watch it.

But they did! No more No Talent Time, no more of the stupid non-footy segements. Everything I saw in the show was footy related, bar the anti-ad type skits which are always going to be in the show.

I haven't been watching the show for ages, but thought I would give it another chance and was impressed, if the show continues down this path I will be watching more and more.

The Preacher

First Grade
Raider Ultra said:
Absolute tripe, lucky nothing half decent was on foxtel.

Aint that the truth, it was that bad, I put on a "stink" with the Mrs. to stop getting bored.:sch:

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Maybe I'm missing something, but in RLW it had Geyer listed as "The Roast" still. And obviously Geyer has a regular piece in RLW so you would think that would be listed for him if the Roast wasn't on anymore.

nqboy

First Grade
The Preacher said:
I don't mind if The Sunday Roast gets the flick, but I do enjoy Boot's n All.
Being an older sort of bloke, I liked the flash backs and the where are they now style interviews.
Both the shows being axed are better than Sunday Footy Show, IMHO. :?
Like a lot of shows (the original Footy Show for example), The Sunday Roast was great while they were making their name, then it all went to their heads and it became about egos and agendas instead of footy.

dontmakemeangry

Juniors
parra_panther said:

Heard yesterday that the Roast is returning after commonwealth games, but not boot's n all.

Booyah

Bench
lolesi said:
A tribute for Sludge was nice, but geez, at the end of the show?

A lack of respect there i feel, something that should of been at the start, something everyone should of been able to see.

Agreed. I missed a chunk of it too because I was flicking over to Family guy. Still, what I saw was a bloody good tribute and some great footage.

Latest posts