What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The fraud thread

soc123_au

Staff member
Is this a plodder or bludger thread?

I take bludger to mean a naturally talented player who doesn't do the dirty stuff or work hard off the ball.

Schuster being the prime example
Fair point. Spurty Purts was much more Plod than Bludge. He always had a dig, just didn't have the physicality, speed or skill to do much with the effort.

SBD82

Coach
Ben Hunt.

Massive pay packet. Club captain. Fools people who don’t know anything about football into thinking he’s a good player because his selfish plays make highlight reels.

Can’t lead. Sooks when he doesn’t get his way. Couldn’t organise a root in a brothel with a fist full of fifties.

Munky

Coach
Ben Hunt.

Massive pay packet. Club captain. Fools people who don’t know anything about football into thinking he’s a good player because his selfish plays make highlight reels.

Can’t lead. Sooks when he doesn’t get his way. Couldn’t organise a root in a brothel with a fist full of fifties.

Hunt is a pretty good hooker and decent ball runner/player.

His game management (and associated kicking game) is f**king abysmal. Fifteen years in first grade and has no mid field kick that puts the opposing backs under pressure to catch just a low trajectory bomb.

He went for a crash play on the last tackle of the game against Canberra last year and I'm pretty sure he tried to run from his own half on the last tackle in a final didn't he?

Munky

Coach
He’s both of those things but he’s an absolutely shithouse halfback. That’s where the fraudulent behaviour comes in. He’s made millions convincing our moronic board that he belongs at 7.

I agree, his decision making is farked.

yobbo84

First Grade
Hunt is a pretty good hooker and decent ball runner/player.

His game management (and associated kicking game) is f**king abysmal. Fifteen years in first grade and has no mid field kick that puts the opposing backs under pressure to catch just a low trajectory bomb.

He went for a crash play on the last tackle of the game against Canberra last year and I'm pretty sure he tried to run from his own half on the last tackle in a final didn't he?
Ahhh the 2018 Semi Final. Glorious.

nick87

Coach
Is this a plodder or bludger thread?

I take bludger to mean a naturally talented player who doesn't do the dirty stuff or work hard off the ball.

Schuster being the prime example
Good distinction!

Tevita Pangai Junior is the poster child of this. Should have been one of the best forwards in the game

Reactions: Vee

mongoose

Coach
Who are the players that you see (or have seen) as first-grade frauds?

I'll start with an obvious one. Morgan Harper. I have never understood how and why he gets a run. He was abysmal on the weekend, albeit out of position. But he's never been anything more than barely serviceable.

All Warriors fans on here will know I have issues with Jackson Ford. Also, Marcelo Montoya! To be fair to him, he over performed for us in his first season (2021), but has returned to a standard of mediocrity over the last few seasons.

Tanah Boyd looks like he should be a good halfback, but isn't

I'm trying to decide whether I was too harsh of my initial assessment on Phoenix Crossland.

Who do you see as perennial frauds?
Crossland was pretty handy last year.

Tanah Boyd is pure aids.

Reactions: Vee