What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game of the year thus far !! RD11 Frank Hyde Shield

Thought that while we were pretty bad, Norths were just amazing. Almost everything they did turned to gold, or at least a try and a missed conversion.
Can anyone confirm that it was 11 tries to two?

Gee it was good to see so many Bears fans on the hill, and it was a huge crowd dispite of the freezing wind.

Jeffles

Bench
Ten tries according to girvie (Hegarty 3, Barnes, Herekotukutuku, Nasio, Corrigan, Widders, Gordon, Grant tries)

2 True Blues

Coach
We're supposed to have one of the best defensive records in the comp.
Back to the drawing board. We've got Wests this Friday and they are a much better side than when we played them last. This will be no easy game.

We 'did' have the best defence going into this game. Not sure about that now mate. lol....

Well I suppose we have had the Hyde Shield/trophy for every single year since it's conception. It was about time norths put something into their trophy cabinet for a change.

Letting them run away when we were 28/12 was worrying though. I had a bad vibe about the lead up to this game for the Jets, so did not make the trip up to the game afterall.

In Hindsight i am glad I didn't. ( how many of these players were in the 42 to nil Roosters smashing the other week I wonder also ). Perhaps our prepartation was lacking with jets coach in charge of the SOO Residents team etc in the lead up week.

One thing is for sure, Wests will be no easy beats. Where is the game at guys??? Friday night hey ??

PS.... I was told the crowd was about 2500. Good for a cloudy day, and with the game being advertised as replayed on FOX 2 this wednesday night, that is an awesome effort from the supporters etc. Shame that the Bags did not show up to play though when it so counted.

Maybe a false sense of invisibility for Nths come semi finals time etc though, may be a blessing in disguise this loss for us yet. I dont think the Jets could play any worse than this, even with several guys playing NRL for the absences of ( Amos, and Sa etc ).

Bring on Wests..

2 True Blues

Coach
G day D/Hard. Hows the sun tan going up there.

I dont know what happened to the Bags mate. maybe our game preperation was down ( non existent ) with Matto also coaching the NSW residents side in the SOO lead up week, and we did have 3 break weekends in the last month and a half.

Wests are in 5th right behind us, so we have to win this Friday night.

Also Manly and Parra are both playing each other this weekend.

A loss against Wests would be a crucial loss after looking at the current ladder.

Red Bear

Referee
Great pics as usual jeffles, hill has a fair smattering of people and the whole stand area looks pretty good, im assuming this is a bigger crowd for jets games?

Hope to see you guys in the Grand Final

Red Bear

Referee
by the way how do the finals work this year, are they alligned with NRL games or are they seperate. Are they played on grand final day before the youth cup or once again seperate?

Jeffles

Bench
Red Bear, the crowd was above average for Newtown. I don't know exactly what an average crowd would be but I think it's fair to say we at Henson Park have the best average home crowd of any stand alone NSW Cup match venue.

Finals are yet to be determined. Depending on the performance of some NRL clubs (Manly, Cronulla, Bulldogs) we may see some as curtain raisers to NRL finals. We may also see double headers like those last year. I know Norths and Newtown are very keen to host finals if they are eligible. The GF will apparently be played the Saturday before the GF at Parramatta.

G day D/Hard. Hows the sun tan going up there.

I dont know what happened to the Bags mate. maybe our game preperation was down ( non existent ) with Matto also coaching the NSW residents side in the SOO lead up week, and we did have 3 break weekends in the last month and a half.

Wests are in 5th right behind us, so we have to win this Friday night.

Also Manly and Parra are both playing each other this weekend.

A loss against Wests would be a crucial loss after looking at the current ladder.

well lets hope they are in fine form come the cronulla game. I will be there, got my plane tickets last night!

Red Bear

Referee
Red Bear, the crowd was above average for Newtown. I don't know exactly what an average crowd would be but I think it's fair to say we at Henson Park have the best average home crowd of any stand alone NSW Cup match venue.

Finals are yet to be determined. Depending on the performance of some NRL clubs (Manly, Cronulla, Bulldogs) we may see some as curtain raisers to NRL finals. We may also see double headers like those last year. I know Norths and Newtown are very keen to host finals if they are eligible. The GF will apparently be played the Saturday before the GF at Parramatta.
Thats due to the excellent work you guys have been doing in the community for years. Im up in Newtown every now and again to stay at my cousins flat up there and see a concert or something, usually see a few in the streets in there jets clothing. Hell i saw a guy at the pub near me in wollongong a few weeks back in the Paramount shirts hoody. Norths seem to have, thanfully, caught on with this method more lately.

Saturday before the NRL GF is a good day, long weekend isnt it? ONly complication would be soccer and that'd be on the sunday only if we make the grand final (not looking likely lol).

I think we may just see you guys there:)

2 True Blues

Coach
well lets hope they are in fine form come the cronulla game. I will be there, got my plane tickets last night!

I was at the first game of the year when we beat them 30 to 10, with lance Thompson playing for them. Apparently he is now their coach and they have also started to win a few a games for a change. :lol:

Gotta get past wests on friday first mate though. Big game this one. ;-)

Latest posts