What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "getting to know you" thread.

The Backpacker

Juniors
Yeah, it was a good game. I was in Sydney v Bunnies. :roll: It wasn't a planned trip, as such, just the luck of the draw that it was the bunnies. I never made the GF due to melon surgery but I'll definately be there this year if the Roosters make it.

Just on the daughter Jed. I know I seem a bit harsh but, I was 18 when she came along. We're better friends than we are father and daughter. It's just one of those situations where we grew up together - basically. And she does have a sense of humour and knows I would kill for her.

jed

First Grade
You both sound lucky - I've only really gotten close to my parents since I moved to Sydney 5 years ago.

The Backpacker

Juniors
Our family is very close - even with Ky thousands of miles away. Maybe it's got something to do with only being a kid myself when Smurf came along, maybe it's to do with the fact that I raised her after her mother and I split. I'm proud of both my kids as I'm sure your parents are proud of you and your siblings. At least you're taking the oppertunity now to have a closer relationship with them. Too many people leave it until it's too late.

jed

First Grade
Too true. In the last 4 years that I was still living at home, I never once entered into a conversation with any of my family. Now, I talk on the phone with my parents at least once a week, and with my sister every 2-3 weeks. Little bro is still a worry, I only catch up with him 3-4 times a year, but I'm hoping he'll start engaging in conversations rather than "yep" and "nope". The parents still think I'm going through a "phase" with moving to Sydney for work, they think I'll go back in a few years. Hate to disappoint them, but Melbourne's not even on my radar anymore.

Gee, this is getting a bit heavy! Still fits with the title of the thread, though.

The Backpacker

Juniors
:lol: I was thinking the same thing - or that I was working for nothing. ;-) Parents always think Kids are going through phases if they don't suit their idea of what the child should be doing. I'm a great believer of supporting what your kids do and helping them achieve it. When Ky wanted to be in England, we moved him to England. When Smurf wanted to work in Saudi Arabia, I had Jack (the first time) and then both kids the second time. I guess different people feel that different things are right. But, as I said, theres no doubt in my mind that your parents are proud of you and the career you are nurturing - just may have difficulty showing it?

melon....

Coach
Melon here. 30 of my 37 years have been Red White and Blue. My wife is an ex Canberran who is now Red White and Blue. I have a 4 yo boy Giorgi, and a 2 year old girl Tori. They have no say in the matter they are Red White and Blue.

I love the Roosters. I love all who support the Roosters and have and would go the whole hog defending my club and my fellow supporters from the many ignorant infidels that encompass the RL community. Like Pump, Im passionate about the Roosters. Oh yeah I nearly forgot...dont pull the Pumps chain, unless he asks you to, then you better.

Im a Roosters local business sponsor. Not because I can afford the small annual contribution, but because I want to do as much as I can to keep my club at the top.

My son's first game of footy was in Newcastle when he was one. He was spat on, and from that day forward, I detested Newcastle. These days I just feel sorry for the useless twats.

My Daughters first game was last year....She'll be 2 in a week, and she and her brother are decked to the max in RW&B and will be attending the matches with Melon in our usual place at the SFS.

Easts to win!

supermario

Juniors
Hi my name is Supermario,

You may know me from some video games like supermario, supermario 2 and supermario kart !

I've been Red, white and blue since i was 5, my favorite altime rooster is Salvo followed by artie and then Ricko !

I, like pump and melon, will defend the roosters to the death ! it is a huge part of my life. I have a Girlfriend who was a manly fan (she used to think geoff toovey was cute) she is now a rooster, though she is very quiet when we got to brookie, why i don't know ?????? :?

I also have a 10 yr old niece, she has been a rooster since she was born, thanks to me and her other uncle (who is also a Huge roosters fan !), her father is a souths fan, we pity him !

I have been a season ticket holder since 2001, i was so paranoid about missing out on a season ticket this year cause i only got them last week ! a month later than usual ! my 3 favorite memories involve 3 major semis, 00 Vs the knight, 02 Vs the broncos and 03 vs the Dogs.

The 2002 Grand final holds bitter sweet memories because i broke my foot on the way back to easts leagues club, i was in hospital untill 5 am monday morning, slep for and hour and then went to mad monday at the clovelley hotel, plaster and all !!!!!!

Well thats it for me now, if i think of anything, i'll let u know !!!!!

jed

First Grade
I'm a tad offended you didn't consider me for the guest mod position. ;-)

BP, at the risk of this thread being highjacked by a rival code, how have the fans taken to the S12's over there?

The Backpacker

Juniors
I did consider you for it Jed but the avatar led me to believe that maybe...just maybe, mind, that you were a psychopath. :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is Rugby territory. The code is much more popular than league and the kiwi's seem to love it - well they do when a NZ team has won it. Seems to get good support and the networks really support it too. League games will often be delayed so Super 12 is played live by pay tv and free to air plays two games a weekend whereas only the Warriors games get shown here free to air. If you don't have pay tv, you haven't got a chance in hell of watching your team play unless they're playing the Warriors.

Seems though, the most popular winter sport for kids is soccer now - makes you wonder why when the Kingz are so shockingly bad. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Backpacker

Juniors
Sorry, couldn't help myself. :mrgreen:

In New Zealand but I'm not a Kiwi. ;-)

And just on this no league thing - pay tv did play the charity shield tonight. Bp, although thinking, Bunnies crap, Saints whatever, settled in to watch it because it's league and withdrawals are abundently obvious. First the thunderstorm hit meaning there was atmospheric sattelite disturbance, then the power cut for a good hour and finally, when the power decided to come back on, the rain started falling again and the atmospheric disturbance with it. :evil: I can't win tonight, no matter what. :(

jed

First Grade
The Backpacker said:
......but the avatar led me to believe that maybe...just maybe, mind, that you were a psychopath. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Close but no cigar BP. Psychotic, just not a psychopath. If I behave myself, I might be given cutlery at the end of the month. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good to know you're in NZ, you can let me know how my favorite singer (Fiona McDonald) does as host of NZ Idol.

The Backpacker

Juniors
Well, you definately have the credentials to be a mod in here. Psychotic is a pre-requisite, psychopath is not. The cutlrey will still only be of the plastic variety (that breaks as soon as any pressure is placed on it). ;-) Having been on the recieving end of a non plastic variety bread and butter knife with intent (yeah I know - it sounds funny :lol: ), theres no way in hell you're getting the keys to that cupboard. ;-)

On your favourite singer - no can do. I hate idol. :oops: Almost as much as Big Brother and more than Survivor (but don't tell T ;-) )

:D

Anyway, this topic now officially deserves a new thread so Antonius can ask his question in peace. Bloody opposition supporters that take threads off topic. :roll: :mrgreen:

Hi All ! Aplogies for my absence as I have been overcome by events of late. I thought I would submit a little background info....

Catatonic_Omnivore
Sex: Male
Marital Status: Married with a 6yr old Son
Hobbies: Sleeping & Eating.
Favourite Food: BBQ Baby Back Ribs with Chilli Fries & Corn Bread.
Favourite Drink: Coffee ( Fav Blend - 2/3 Mocha Kenya & 1/3 Caramel) – contrary to popular opinion, not a big fan of Latte's.
On Rugby League:
+ A Roosters supporter for over 25 years.
+ All time favourite player is Kevin Hastings.
+ Worst player to ever play for the Roosters would be Paul Vautin.
+ Had a soft spot for Souths but can’t feel the same way so long as Langmack & Tapp are still involved with the club.
Favourite Quote:
“Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.” – anonymous

Latest posts