What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Glass Is Half Full

Fibroman

First Grade
We were sloppy and deserved to lose the game. In saying that I believe we were the better side and copped some really poor decisions from Robinson.

I think O'Halloran and Rooney need to drop out of that side.

I would look at this as apossible team:

1. Sammut
2. Tighe
3. Jennings
4. Blair
5. Daniella
6. Richie Williams
7. Joe Willams
8. Petero
9, Priddis
10, T Puletua
11. F Pritchard
12. Waterhouse
13. Joe Paulo

14. Aiton
15. Wesser
16. F Puletua
17. Nathan Smith

With the return of Gordon, Lewis and Rodney and some u/20's players showing some great form. We will be right in a couple of weeks.

otag

Juniors
Fibroman said:
We were sloppy and deserved to lose the game. In saying that I believe we were the better side and copped some really poor decisions from Robinson.

I think O'Halloran and Rooney need to drop out of that side.

I would look at this as apossible team:

1. Sammut
2. Tighe
3. Jennings
4. Blair
5. Daniella
6. Richie Williams
7. Joe Willams
8. Petero
9, Priddis
10, T Puletua
11. F Pritchard
12. Waterhouse
13. Joe Paulo

14. Aiton
15. Wesser
16. F Puletua
17. Nathan Smith

With the return of Gordon, Lewis and Rodney and some u/20's players showing some great form. We will be right in a couple of weeks.

hahahaha

where shall we start....puletua cant be in the starting side, leave joe williams at windsor, and wesser on the bench?

Wobbygong

First Grade
I can't believe you have both Puletuas in that side they are passengers and have been for three years.

griffo346

First Grade
1. Wesser
2. Tighe/Rooney
3. Jennings
4. Lewis/Tighe
5. Daniella
6. Richie Williams/Blair
7. Joe Willams/Sammut
8. Petero
9. Aiton
10. Woolnough
11. F Pritchard
12. Waterhouse
13. Lewis

14. Priddis
15. T Puletua
16. F Pluetua
17. Junior Moors

Dave Q

Coach
1. Wade Graham
2. Rooney
3. Jennings
4. McCrone
5. Daniella
6. Sammut
7. Williams Joey
8. Pritchard
9. Priddis
10. Civo
11. Woolnough
12. Blackett
13. Wesser

14. Aiton
15. Clydesdale
16. Tighe
17. Waterhouse.

Its time to sail into some uncharted waters for both squads!

Sugar at lock? Why yessir and ffs..keep peanuts clear of the sideline!

Big Mick © said:
I stand corrected...Dave is on the jungle juice.
Agreed!

If Dave was in charge next thing well have worthless standing on the turf at ANZ stadium in the sky blue jersey before 85,000 people, with the number 6 on his back!

Fibroman

First Grade
It's time to start backing long shots, and in my humble opinion they include both the Williams, and I think Paulo has more to offer than Junior Moors at this point in time. Wesser, Rooney and O'Halloran were terrible at the back and sides, so give them a rest in 2nd grade and give someonse a chance. Ps. Yes I had 25 beers on deck when I wrote the post.

murraymob

Coach
time to take a few chances on a few players
1.Wesser ... gets one more game to show what he can do
2.junior tia kilifi... has been impresive in the 20s tall strong
3. jennings... clearly our best center has to stay there
4.tigh..... again not out standing but okay last week
5.rooney has been coping it but has not been that bad
6.theoharus.. has played 5/8 good defender a huge heart
.sammut... clearly the best half in the club
8.petro...... the best prop in the club
9.priddis..... gets a starting spot but needs to improve
10.woolnough,,,,,,, has got get some mongrell this week or its windsor for him
11.pritchard... has to start sh*t of the bench
12.t.pulutua.........again to lazy to come off bench
13.waterhouse.....this guy gives his all every week and looks the best of a lazy bunch
14.masada isofa...can play several positions what we need to add some spark
15 bell..............while not outstanding is slowly maturing into a good forward
16 blair.............can cover several positions both backs forwards
17 F pulutua .....to cover the forward rotation

This will change if Gordon fit straight back into side
Lewis in when available as well

players who missed out
Worth not up to first grade
R. williams .......a human turn style if he fixes that then a shot at firsts
j. williams......... is struggling give him another week at windsor
ohallaron ...........again not a first grade winger
Aiton................will come in for priddis next week if he sucks again

moors..............another forward that has stalled in his development but is in future plans
smith...........a tough one good defender but has nothing in attack
daniella........so close to in maybe next week
peters .........now fourth in line for hookers

murraymob said:
time to take a few chances on a few players
1.Wesser ... gets one more game to show what he can do
2.junior tia kilifi... has been impresive in the 20s tall strong
3. jennings... clearly our best center has to stay there
4.tigh..... again not out standing but okay last week
5.rooney has been coping it but has not been that bad
6.theoharus.. has played 5/8 good defender a huge heart
.sammut... clearly the best half in the club
8.petro...... the best prop in the club
9.priddis..... gets a starting spot but needs to improve
10.woolnough,,,,,,, has got get some mongrell this week or its windsor for him
11.pritchard... has to start sh*t of the bench
12.t.pulutua.........again to lazy to come off bench
13.waterhouse.....this guy gives his all every week and looks the best of a lazy bunch
14.masada isofa...can play several positions what we need to add some spark
15 bell..............while not outstanding is slowly maturing into a good forward
16 blair.............can cover several positions both backs forwards
17 F pulutua .....to cover the forward rotation

This will change if Gordon fit straight back into side
Lewis in when available as well

players who missed out
Worth not up to first grade
R. williams .......a human turn style if he fixes that then a shot at firsts
j. williams......... is struggling give him another week at windsor
ohallaron ...........again not a first grade winger
Aiton................will come in for priddis next week if he sucks again

moors..............another forward that has stalled in his development but is in future plans
smith...........a tough one good defender but has nothing in attack
daniella........so close to in maybe next week
peters .........now fourth in line for hookers

Theoharous at 5/8? HAve you been down the pub with fibro man and dave?

Fibroman

First Grade
When you are on the punt and down to your last few dollars, you don't back odds on favourites.

IMO Richie Williams is worth a punt. I'm tipping his defence will improve if his confidence grows. He needs to be in the side, and probably the #6 is the best spot for him. Get him to defend of the wing if need be, with Luke Lewis attacking on the wing and defending at 5/8th.

Dave Q

Coach
Desperate times call for fugging desperate measures!

So suggest myself, Fibro and the others I'll call the Panther equivalent of the "Co-alition of the willing."

I didnt think my Panther team would be popular, but judging by whats been going on at the team at the moment and last year, I dont think I could do too much worse than Elliot. As an elliot-supporter, thats a tough admission.

Here is a snippet of my rationales. I come in peace and for the love of the game.

Sugar is back to his old inconsistent ways. Souths have trained all off-season for attack, and his indecisiveness, hap-hazard execution and poor choices are just too risky.

At least at lock, he has a few mugs around him to keep him focused. Then he can break from the scrum, run angles and confuse the Souths defence. In defence, he will have the capacity break from the scrum quickly, sprint over to the ball carrier and throw himself at him.

This is 2008. Technique and tackling finesse are outdated notions of another era (1979-2007).

Graham is untested here, but as a young gun, in a big match, he will be full of zesty focus.

McCrone has a step doesnt he? He wont thrill at the sight of big Buddy Gorden and ??????? running at him to smash him, so he will use his step. Pencil note: in the match v dogs we had Paea defending as the inside centre who was as effective as Richie Williams. IMO as far as defence goes, Paea is not quite ready for fg. These are two great attacking players, but they are not quite complete footballers.

(Burrrp) I'll have another thanks.

Sammut and Williams will worry the likely Smith and Rogers combination. Sammut is, put quite simply, one of the best players in the comp on current form. Rogers is still dirty that Leary didnt offer him Wallace money.

Joey Williams will save his best against the club he dreamt of playing in a grand final for.
And despite his ordinary form so far this year, he is still a very good player underneath.

So much for Peanuts. Weve all seen him scared of being tackled. He's been allowed to frolic in and about the Centres for ages now. He is supposed to be a iron fist in a line of puppets. Regrettably, he seems to get caught up in the strings far too often.

Enoughs Enough! He has to toughen up. Jaiman Lowe or Greenfield will be the making of him in the front row. He cant get anymore concussed.

Priddo always saves a top game for Souths. He shows us no respect. I dont know why, but he doesnt care. I'd love to sign him.

Ok, thats enough of my co-alition of the willing.

One things for certain, whoever plays, these two desperate sides are ready to warm it all up and go down fighting!!

Kebab?

Fibroman

First Grade
Wesser at lock is no more ridiculous than Elliot playing Paul Aiton at lock for half a game against Canberra.

Dave Q

Coach
The 'generation gap' continues to be very telling.

The idea was that the juniors could step up and that an ever diminishing group of senior players would lead by the front.. but that hasnt happened as quickly as people had hoped.

Thus that kind of thinking may need to be reviewed.

Recruitment seems to be the answer.

It might only take 4 or 5 solid veterens from winning clubs to turn it all around. Players who will respond.

Put some startch and experience into the side.