What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The good and the bad

broncos2010

Juniors
The Good
I think your club might suffer in the next couple seasons but in the long run you guys will come out stronger.

Letting guys like Lewis and Gordon go who have injury history and probably 2 years max of top nrl class football left in them to recruit young players who will lead the club forward for the next couple years is the way to go.

Plus your under 20s team looks like it really has some good talent.
You guys are much like the raiders probably not going to get many top name recruits and just survive on good junior coaching and recruiting.

The Bad
Probably one of the biggest mistakes the club has made in recent history is letting Wade Graham go as he looks like he is going to be a very good second rower and already captaining the sharks at such a young age.

If the club ever lets go of jennings, he is clearly one of the best players in the NRL and you dont get talent like this every day and since you already let go one of your marquee players letting him go would make your club look very average , every club needs a marquee player and he is your only one from next season.

royceruled

Juniors
Afraid your right there. Lewis leaving is harder to understand then chinese
newspaper.We have to get players to penrith who want to play for the club not the cheque.I am saddened because the young boys who idolise Lewis will miss out on his mentorsing and guidance. Thge under 20's are going greatguns as are windsor and there are good signs for the future.
Gould and Cleary made no bones about it being tough for a couple of years.
Its well known that the players were running the club in the past, those who don't like being coached should just leave if they can't get on board.
Cleary did the same with the warriors,took no prisoners. if you didnt play the way he wanted you were back to the vulcans. Mateo and Inu found that out
until they woke up and look how they are doing now.

Big Mick

Referee
I seem to remember a fair few on here not caring that Wade Graham left.

Saying he was too slow...and not good enough.

Now the same people suggest we should never had let him go. I find that pretty funny.

darkbloom

Juniors
The funny thing is under the previous coaching & management, good players and club stalwarts were shown the door because they would not fit the new structures or culture. They were demonised and the fans went along with then. Players like Tony Puletua and Rhys Wesser, their names were blackened and fans turned against them.

Exactly the same thing is happening now.

Leadership is about inspiring people to believe what you are doing is right and good and what you are wanting them to do is also right and good. Respect and loyalty comes not from demanding it but from earning it.

Our club has lost the plot completely. We need a revolution.

darkbloom

Juniors
I seem to remember a fair few on here not caring that Wade Graham left.

Saying he was too slow...and not good enough.

Now the same people suggest we should never had let him go. I find that pretty funny.

This is quite a common phenomenon amongst football fans - change opinions to fit the point that needs making.

We could call it Situational Opinions where opinions are determined by the situation.

This is closely related to Situational Ethics where ethics and principles change according to the need at the time.

Our club has lost the plot completely. We need a revolution.

I disagree completely.

Gould has shown himself to be a lot more proactive than our past management.

Good and bad descions are always going to be made about player retention and recruitment. In the past more bad than good.

However Gould has clearly shown he's on the front foot in regards to recruitment amd we have finally made some quality signings.

Yes we have lost two quality players in Lewis and Gordon , but unlike the past we have lost these players after their peak not before. And we have finally replaced quality with quality.

darkbloom

Juniors
Herbert Henry I don't think I mentioned Gould at all.

Even so that is your opinion. I also think he has done some good. I think he has made some mistakes too.

I think the overall leadership of the Panthers is poor and is being demonstrated to be poor in many areas. One of those ways is in the inability to get players "on board".

The biggest clean-out needed is not at the player or employee level. It is at the Board level. That is what I was referring to when I mentioned revolution.

Having said that. Gus' record as a leader is open for inspection.

Herbert Henry I don't think I mentioned Gould at all.

Even so that is your opinion. I also think he has done some good. I think he has made some mistakes too.

I think the overall leadership of the Panthers is poor and is being demonstrated to be poor in many areas. One of those ways is in the inability to get players "on board".

The biggest clean-out needed is not at the player or employee level. It is at the Board level. That is what I was referring to when I mentioned revolution.

Having said that. Gus' record as a leader is open for inspection.

Fair enough , but revoloution is a strong word and it would naturally imply change to those running the club. Gould is pretty hard to seperate from a 'revoloution'

darkbloom

Juniors
Fair enough , but revoloution is a strong word and it would naturally imply change to those running the club. Gould is pretty hard to seperate from a 'revoloution'

Only the Board and the people who work with him are in a position to truly assess the performance of Gus.

Only the Board can do anything about it, either support him or push him.

Our Board does not have the capability to assess anything much more than whether they get their free seats at the football for them and their families.