What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The great Raiders solo efforts

Prodigiousman

Juniors
just on the phil graham try against the eagles at northpower. we were getting smoked that game i was there with some mates (1 was a manly supporter) and despite the score i kept pointing out any little thing the kid did right... then whammo 100m later i'm doing handstands like we've won the game.

my mate pipped up.... its 30-6 Waz....

Raider_69

Post Whore
:lol: :lol:
Prod man, 30-6 and doing handstands... perhaps the love child of Matt Elliot and Ron Simmons

Freddo

Juniors
id say as a team the try phil graham scored againts parra in 03
the game where we smashed them

were we went the length of the field we actually spread the ball wide and used our speed

twistedbydesign

Juniors
anyone remember a try set up by a VERY young mark mclinden (ie debut season-98) where he broke through the line, drew the fullback and through a 15m bullet flick pass onto the chest of mcfadden who strolled in under the posts?

jed

First Grade
At the risk of being shouted down, Bulgarelli at Brookvale in 2003. Based on that one performance, I don't think anyone would have begrudged him the rookie of the year award.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

thickos

First Grade
jed said:
At the risk of being shouted down, Bulgarelli at Brookvale in 2003. Based on that one performance, I don't think anyone would have begrudged him the rookie of the year award.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Him scoring two tries was more an indication of Manly's defence rather than his ability :lol: :lol: :lol:

LUKEY

Juniors
I have two
Steve Jackson in the 89 grandfinal to win it and Bret Mullins length of the feild kick chase in a friday night game in 94.

Raiders Plight

Juniors
Prodigiousman said:
B Clyde 100mins, 34 tackles (3missed) 32 hitups for 239metres gained and 4 offloads. Solid days work.

oh and he picked up a little medal for his efforts too...

Clyde played like a man possessed in the 89 grand final. I don't remember much of the 91 GF though.

John 'Chicka' Ferguson for his awesome footwork to put the 89 GF into extra time. What an absolute legend.

Raider_69

Post Whore
One of those bulga tries was awesome!

Now that i think about it, i have reason the believe the real Boogs was abducted by aliens who cant play league

Kris_man

Bench
Prodigiousman said:
B Clyde 100mins, 34 tackles (3missed) 32 hitups for 239metres gained and 4 offloads. Solid days work.

oh and he picked up a little medal for his efforts too...

on my video tape, when they're about to announce Clive Churchill medalist, the camera swings to Gary Belcher, the TV man of the match, as if he's gonna receive it. i thought Meninga was the best, though, he pulled off two match saving plays - the ankle tap, and the charge down.

thickos

First Grade
twistedbydesign said:
anyone remember a try set up by a VERY young mark mclinden (ie debut season-98) where he broke through the line, drew the fullback and through a 15m bullet flick pass onto the chest of mcfadden who strolled in under the posts?

Pretty sure it was for a 26-20 win over Manly early in the season. I think it was the first time those two played together. We were down 20-2 in that fixture, got it back 20-20 then a chargedown from Marty led to the winning try 8)

98 was a gun team, shoulda done better :cry:

Raider Azz

Bench
thickos said:
twistedbydesign said:

Pretty sure it was for a 26-20 win over Manly early in the season. I think it was the first time those two played together. We were down 20-2 in that fixture, got it back 20-20 then a chargedown from Marty led to the winning try 8)

The Canberra Times was talking up McLinden and McFadden the next morning as if they were the next Daley and Stuart. I believed it back then too :cry:

Raider_69

Post Whore
Raider_Azz said:
thickos said:
twistedbydesign said:

The Canberra Times was talking up McLinden and McFadden the next morning as if they were the next Daley and Stuart. I believed it back then too :cry:

Dont worry... we all did... how wrong we were... none the less, LONG LIVE THE MAC ATTACK!

Latest posts