What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The heads they will not drop

PeacheyPower

Juniors
I'm not saying this is the stat to end all stats,but during the 4 game road trip we were scored on first in 3 of the 4 games (the exception being against the Storm).

In the game against the Raiders we fought back from 16-2 down after being scored on in the 3rd minute and managed to almost wipe the deficit out by halftime.

The Panthers scored early on us and without BK it could have all gone down hill from there. We then lost Dykes just before halftime and that should have sent the leadership into disarray. But the players backed themselves and you could see them playing their hearts out to make up for the players who were'nt there. They don't want to be known as a one man team.

It's great to see players stepping and being prepared to take the leadership role on their shoulders and also other players just ready and waiting to follow any orders given.

It's great to see a team who is focused and in control,rather than a team who is always behind everyone else and struggling to keep up.

It's great to be support a Sharks team who is on top.

GO YOU SHARKIES!!!!!!!!!!

gunnamatta bay

Referee
You wouldn't want to have a weak ticker. Watching these away games (and the broncos match) were on par with a trip to the dentist for root canal work.

Sutho_Sharks

Juniors
Yeah, theyve been edge of your seat sought of games, but they put us in good stead for the finals series where games will be like that!

for me this is the most impressive factor in the team this year. in 30 odd years of supporting the sharks i can't ever recall such belief and resolve.

the other thing is the balance in the team. everything seems to be pointing towards a good season, hopefully our best ever !

Macca

Coach
Not only that, the whole place has a much better vibe to it. It's just the vibe of the thing!

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
They have done very well in 10 weeks of footy.
20 to go.

I just hope it doesnt dissolve like the Broncos did after a similar start a few seasons ago. They lost their last 9 straight & the last being a semi final.
Looked like world beaters at the start of the year.

Macca

Coach
I don't think we have looked like world beaters yet though, Reefy. We still have alot of improvement left in us, but we are doing enough to win games which IMO is what the top teams are made of.

b_shark

Juniors
The belief is noticeable though. I remember one prelim (?) final when we played the Queens and they (the Queens) scored just before half-time. The heads of every Shark player went down - even though we were in the lead still - and it just felt at that point like we were going to lose - which we did. Love the new attitude - means you can keep hoping till the final whistle (altho does contribute to the heart attacks)

newman

First Grade
Ive been having heart attacks galore this year, and its because I know not to give up. Previously ive jsut thrown my arms up and gone bah!. Cant ever remember being so nervous during club games.

Aries

Bench
Mr Sharkie said:
Yeah the last two years were pretty cruisy because we knew were going to lose every game.
The only down side when/if we do lose is it's gunna hurt alot more to lose a game now than it did the last couple of years!

McLovin

Staff member
A loss is in some ways, healthy for a team travelling like they are invincible. Gives them a kick up the backside when it happens...

In the Warriors game we were as close to losing as is possible. I like the fighting spirit in this side so far.

As a Sharks supporter you kind of expect the worse to happen. I'm expecting a slump at some stage. Injuries and suspensions are almost an inevitable part of any team's season. Hopefully our slump, it it has to happen, is well before the semi final series. In 1988 the Sharks were undefeated for twelve weeks, but were cactus by the time they made the semis because of injuries. You don't want to peak to early in the run into the semis.

WE havent peaked yet, can see still heaps of improvement to come yet.

I have this feeling come final Reece Williams will be setting the comp alight in forwards every week he is getting better and better.

David Simmons is same each week, another weakness vanishes and another strength added, working great combo with Vagana.

The 2 words now associated with the sharks SELF BELIEF

Sutho_Sharks

Juniors
WE havent peaked yet, can see still heaps of improvement to come yet.

For sure. Every game you just get the feeling that they werent playing at their 110% best, if they were to do so, wed be putting cricket scorelines on teams and letting in no tries as opposed to winning games in the dying minutes