What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The hype about Burgess is just too much and way over the top

Dave Q

Coach
Nathan Merrit approaching 100 first grade tries.
Dave Q approcahing 10,000 posts

Yeah but when Max scores, unlike my posts, theres almost always enchanting and difficult about how he scores.

Some of the experts say he is the best try-scorer, not because he scores so many tries, but because of the way he scores them. Max just needs the barest of sniffs to break a line and go over. He has amazing athletics and is super co-ordinated (so is tulz).

He's also a pretty handy defender. Hes won many games for us by his defence. Hes fearless.

After all this, I think people grossly underestimate his innate mental toughness and his uncanny ability to read play. You watch him postion himself, he is almost always a few seconds ahead of play. Almost Gower-like.

And what he will do behind a decent forward pack is anyones guess.

Some say that we havent seen a fraction of what he is capable of. Ive seen him train, and I understand this viewpoint.

He is a superstar, a quiet one sure, but a star nonetheless.

He was made for rugby league.

Last edited:
Yeah but when Max scores, unlike my posts, theres almost always enchanting and difficult about how he scores.

Some of the experts say he is the best try-scorer, not because he scores so many tries, but because of the way he scores them. Max just needs the barest of sniffs to break a line and go over. He has amazing athletics and is super co-ordinated (so is tulz).

He's also a pretty handy defender. Hes won many games for us by his defence. Hes fearless.

After all this, I think people grossly underestimate his innate mental toughness and his uncanny ability to read play. You watch him postion himself, he is almost always a few seconds ahead of play. Almost Gower-like.

And what he will do behind a decent forward pack is anyones guess.

Some say that we havent seen a fraction of what he is capable of. Ive seen him train, and I understand this viewpoint.

He is a superstar, a quiet one sure, but a star nonetheless.

He was made for rugby league.

Q,it will be a great day when Max posts 100 first grade tries next season..

Hanscholo

Bench
Weather he can handle it or not. Still no need to put a huge target on this kids chest, front rowers will lift when they play this bloke, why would you want that.

Latest posts