What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The injury curse returns .......

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Just heard on the radio (1233 ABC Newcastle) Jarrod Mullen is out of the Knights team tomorrow night after tearing a hamstring. Kurt Gidley is also out which means Brad Tighe will move to five-eight. Not sure who is playing in Tighe's spot in the centres.

RABK

Referee
Jarrod told me he was playing tommorow, i should have known he was due for an injury. :(

Cooper to centre.

CJG 182

Juniors
I'll believe it when i see it. Not doubting you Jobdog, i just don't want to believe it.

Ben

Bench
If Kurt is meant to be the fittest bloke in our team, i dont wanna think of the other players. I mean, when is he going to be back, every week for the past three weeks he has been talking about his return, but when is it going to happen.

Risa

Bench
Whenever I see your nickname all I can seem to think of are these words:

Love is in the air...everywhere I look around...

Do you have anything else to contribute than yes?

And, in regards to Kurt Gidley, according to last week's footy show he was extremely confident of making his return this week. Another slip-up perhaps or are they just being very cautious?

Gene Krupa

Referee
Risa said:
Whenever I see your nickname all I can seem to think of are these words:

Love is in the air...everywhere I look around...

Do you have anything else to contribute than yes?

And, in regards to Kurt Gidley, according to last week's footy show he was extremely confident of making his return this week. Another slip-up perhaps or are they just being very cautious?

Great post, Ris! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Frederick

Staff member
Risa said:
I read in todays Herald that he did his hammy again at training. I'm not sure if it's as bad as it was before, but off the top of my head the article went something like "Did some training during the week, did some running and it felt ok, but then tried some footwork and felt a twinge". Something along those lines

Risa

Bench
So many training injuries...nothing being done to fix the problem. Hope this isn't the start of an injury prone Kidley.

Doctor

Bench
Captain_Fred said:
I read in todays Herald that he did his hammy again at training. I'm not sure if it's as bad as it was before, but off the top of my head the article went something like "Did some training during the week, did some running and it felt ok, but then tried some footwork and felt a twinge". Something along those lines

I'm feeling the twinge to say something nasty to someone at the Knights right now. Why is it that the fittest bloke at the club has done both hammies at training? How is it that we're one of the only clubs without a full time physio. Why is Bill Peden running our conditioning programme? If Peden isn't running it, then who is? Why is he/she doing such a poor job.

This isn't bad luck folks, it's someone not doing their job or else not having the necessary training to do the job in the first place. Someone needs to come up with a solution for why otherwise injury-free players are injuring themselves at training.

The tragedy is that they're not even the oldies... they haven't even had time to get chronic knee, shoulder, ankle, neck and back problems from years of playing first grade. It's like a hospital at the moment this club. 11 players out on last count. Mullen is the 12th.

Risa

Bench
I think the ground we train on (when not using EAS) might have a little bit to do with the problem as well.

Ron Burgundy

Juniors
Is it confirmed that Mullen has torn his hammy? Thats not good if it is I hope that it is just a strain. The Knights need Mullen to shine and a 4 to 6 week stint on the sideline is the worst thing possible.

The main reason the players would be breaking down is the lack of professional trainers.

Latest posts