What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Inside word

ponies 4ever

Juniors
Is Hannant coming or what ? Geez I hope so, finally some sense on Cullens' behalf on not overplaying it 4 Civo and hopefully we'll land the "bluechip prop of the NRL". If we snare Inglis as well, look out NRL, we're back baby !

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
Yes, I heard it's a 4 year deal and will be announced in the next 24-48 hours.

Really 4 years. do u know how much it is worth? Great news if it happens.

Did we only sign tronc for this year? If so do u think we should keep him if we get Hannant

Dazzat

First Grade
Cue ...

Let's hear from those who branded Hannant a money-grabbing grub and now reckon he shouldn't be let back in the club ...

Tronc, Hannant, Kenny and Anderson are a pretty decent front row.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
do u think we need all of those front rowers or do u think we should let one go and have youngsters as backup. If we do this we could have a serious shot at getting Folau.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
Yea we only signed Tronc for this year.

At the moment I think it's a bit too early to decide what to do with him. It all depends on what other players we are chasing. If we do get Hannant then I don't think we will need him but if we can afford it than we will have some serious strike power up from with Hannant, Kenny, Tronc, Anderson as well as young guns Hala, Dodds, Lui, McGuire and to a lesser extent Tariq Sims who has been great in the U20s this year I believe.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
it would give us extra depth but i believe the money we spend on anderson or tronc could be spent trying to lure Inglis up north (but only is folau leaves) and then we should just give the young kids a go. McGuire, Dodds, Hala and Lui have all had a taste of First Grade and all have handled it pretty well ( i haven't seen Hala play but i have heard good things about him) considering the massive jump from under 20's to first grade

Broncos fan!

Juniors
it would give us extra depth but i believe the money we spend on anderson or tronc could be spent trying to lure Inglis up north (but only is folau leaves) and then we should just give the young kids a go. McGuire, Dodds, Hala and Lui have all had a taste of First Grade and all have handled it pretty well ( i haven't seen Hala play but i have heard good things about him) considering the massive jump from under 20's to first grade

Out of all of those young props named I think Hala could end out being the best for us.

ponies 4ever

Juniors
What are the real chances if any of Greg Inglis being a Bronco in 2011 ? Does anyone read too much into the "I owe the Storm" line or could he secretly harbour a desire to head north ? Would have to b massive commercial opportunities 4 him in Brisvegas being a "league stronghold" wouldn't there ? I think if GI came it would blunten the loss of Locky when he hangs up the boots and allow a smooth transition for Corey Norman at 5/8 thus allowing the club to not to pay overs and recruit outside. Norman looks the "goods" as a future playmaker in our halves. Outside of that let's tie up Matt Gillett long-term.

ponies 4ever

Juniors
Is Hala still struggling to maintain consistency in QCup, I've heard varying reports 4 someone touted so heavily ? If Hannant comes we would definately have to let go of either Tronc, Kenny or Anderson to appease the young crop coming through wouldn't we ?

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
What are the real chances if any of Greg Inglis being a Bronco in 2011 ? Does anyone read too much into the "I owe the Storm" line or could he secretly harbour a desire to head north ? Would have to b massive commercial opportunities 4 him in Brisvegas being a "league stronghold" wouldn't there ? I think if GI came it would blunten the loss of Locky when he hangs up the boots and allow a smooth transition for Corey Norman at 5/8 thus allowing the club to not to pay overs and recruit outside. Norman looks the "goods" as a future playmaker in our halves. Outside of that let's tie up Matt Gillett long-term.

I agree with every word u say especailly the part about keeping hold of Gillet. If brunco stuffs this up i will be very cross about it.

bron_cos

Juniors
I still think we will pay to much for benny and if the team was going ok right now most of you would feel the same way but we a almost bottom so everyone thinks bringing in new players is what we need. Yeh maybe a few decent players and if izzy leaves need to replace him but i think the team we have can do the job for the years to come. 4years ben would only sign for about 1.7m or so and i think that webby or civo would have never go near that and they are great props.

johns_reds

First Grade
Hope this is true seeing as we missed out on petero!

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,27118231-5018866,00.html

Ben Hannant headed to Brisbane after Gold Coast drop out of race

By Jake Drew
May 13, 2010 Homesick Canterbury-Bankstown prop Ben Hannant is set to announce he will quit the club at the end of the season to return to Brisbane.
Hannant, who is in the second year of a three-season deal with Canterbury, had been eyeing a move back to Queensland with the Broncos and Gold Coast both vying for his signature.

But Titans chief executive Michael Searle admitted earlier this week it was highly unlikely Hannant would be on their books next year, leaving Brisbane as his likely destination.

"We have been pretty open in saying at this stage it was always going to be pretty hard for us," Searle said.

Hannant's signing will be a welcome boost for the Broncos, who missed out on another former prop when Petero Civoniceva re-signed with Penrith, turning his back on a lucrative deal to return home.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
i hope we dont pay overs for him and if he's serious about being 'homesick' he should be coming back for no more than what the dogs paid for him

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
I this news is true and not just bullsh*t then i will be extremely happy we need a player like him to come in and lead our forward pack. He is going to be the best prop running around in a year or two or maybe he is the best now even i don't no to be honest. If he does sign i don't think tronc will be here past this season however.

ponies 4ever

Juniors
If we manage to re-sign Ben Hannant it will b the finest piece of recruitment done by Bruno in a long while ! Should never of underestimated his worth to begin with and he is def one of the best 3 props running around in the NRL if not the best. He is in his prime and we should benefit most if we do tie him up 4 the next 4 yrs. Great piece of business by the club 4 a change if it pans out !

Latest posts