What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Jack Williams issue

lolesi

First Grade
It’s frustrating because I find catching so important in rugby league, maybe it’s just me.

drop (irony) the giant potato until he can catch. how hard is it

Card Shark

Immortal
True

I think it’ll only be fixed with experience.

Probably won’t be better for a couple of years.

It really REALLY SUX when he drops the ball when things are looking good!!!!
Fix any sight problems- then repetitive drills under pressure ( throw water at him at same time hes catching it or something )where securing the ball is priority. Till it is just automatic.Then on field assignment ONLY- Catch ball #1 cart it up WITHOUT dropping it. Play Ball without losing it.. Nothing else .. Probably bench prop for a season . IF the problem is fixable It wouldn't take all that long. Anyway that's my expert opinion straight off the farm!!!

DJDL

Bench
Jack Williams is averaging 3.57 errors a game or an error every 6.7 times he touches the ball...

Credit - some stats bloke called @carlosthedwarf_ from the @leagueeyetest podcast on twitter. Thanks for supporting my agendas mate.

Sorry K, going to have to come out of retirement to call you out on this one.
Stats on NRL and FoxSports sites have him at a total of 10 for the year, or an average of 1.25 per game.

Still not great, but nothing like what you claim here.
Fact check guys, it's not hard...

Of his two on the weekend, one was a rake from the opposition. The other was indefensible, but probably due to fatigue after working his ass off for the early exchanges.
Maybe the coach needs to recognise when he needs to be rested a little earlier.

chewsta

First Grade
Has he always had pumpkins for hands?
Surely you dont make it this far with that sort of a problem.

Since Chad likes to crab across field for the inside ball, just get Williams one wide and Chadley can run across and hand it to him NFL style. No catching required.

Tiger Shark

Bench
True

I think it’ll only be fixed with experience.

Probably won’t be better for a couple of years.

And I think the more of a deal you make of it the worst it might get, it's already probably causing mind games for him.

I think it'll take less than that. He just needs to put together a game with no errors and the metres he made against the Titans, then it should fall into place.

Again he's better than Billy or Sorenson. I could handle moving Graham to Lock and bring in Teig with Williams off the bench but no one on the bench deserves to be dropped. And I doubt Williams will go from starting to completely dropped.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Over this guy. Offload ASAP, Tigers need middles.

Fifita, Woods, Uele, Tolman, Hunt, Rudolf, Pele, Vasquez.

Williams has not improved.

Ads

First Grade
We turned him into a middle when we should have left him as a proper 2nd rower. Not too late to turn him back.

Stake Removed

First Grade
We turned him into a middle when we should have left him as a proper 2nd rower. Not too late to turn him back.
It is too late I thought this guy had ability, I was wrong.
How many times does he drop the ball
Missed tackles
Penalties and 6 to go he is a liability, even bomber my god dropped him last year, he has made no improvement

Latest posts