What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Jet Base Rag

Jeffles

Bench
Does anyone have any feedback about the updated programme at Henson Park?

I love the fact that there is more info. Then again I have an interest in that. I just want to know if people think it is worth it.[/i]

Jeffles

Bench
Would i rather have Rupert as my father or the other guy you accuse me of being related to?

Seriously though, what do people think. When we had nothing more than a team list and a "book of ads" people complained. We now have something more subtantial. Do people like that?

2 True Blues

Coach
Thought it was good mate. Like to read the history between clubs etc. It is also good for the younger supporters I thought, in order to find out a little bit of grass roots heritage etc.

Hope you keep up the good work, it is appreciated. :clap:

I know it takes effort and time, but leading try scorers, tacklers etc would be cool, and the table/ladder where Newtown is coming in relation to other teams. Apart from that it is really pro stuff mate.

Jeffles

Bench
Thanks for the compliment 2 True Blues.

The PL preview with the history belongs to anbother writer. I will give him a byline. It was quality stuff.

As for the stats (tries and tackles) I'll put it in if I can get my hands on the stats. I don't speak to the football side of the club that much. No bad blood. Just the way it is. I'll do my best.

TDT-1, whilst The Jet Base rag is not avaialble online, there is a subscription service. :lol: To subscribe, you have to be a friend of mine that cannot otherwise get their hands on a copy. You qualify. :lol:

Anyone else with comments?

Thanks very much for the subscription, Jeffles.

Now how are you going on the e-mail steak sandwich thing? I figure if you squash 'em reeeeeaaaaaaaalllllllyyyyy flat and slide it into the diskette slot, it might just be possible.

Either that or use the CD-ROM tray (but you'd probably have to flip it after a few minutes so it did both sides...).

What I would love to see in JBR is a "fans corner" where people can write in about their expirinces of watching the Blues. Memorable games, first games, why they chose to follow the Jets.
I think that it would be really intersting for the fans to share their memories and would also add a page to the ever increasing JBR.

Thoughts????

Jeffles

Bench
Good idea HPH.

Anyone else interested. TDT-1 and 2 True Blues would alsohave good stories to share.

Maybe we could make it a competition.

Stay tuned.

2 True Blues

Coach
Liked the programme on Saturday at the Jim Beam Cup game. Gave a player profile on a couple of the players . That was good. Had something to read in between eating my steak roll and drinkin my beer.

:D

Jeffles

Bench
Thanks for the compliment.

HPH I will do a fans bit if I can fit it. There may not be a prize yet but I'd like to hear people's views and I think it would make good reading. You should write one up.

2 True Blues, would you be interested in writing a piece about why you follow Newtown? Tell us how you started, memorable moments, how it felt in 1983 and coming back now. You'll get published!!!!

2 True Blues

Coach
Gotta tell you mate, it would not be that hard actually, as am sure my passion for the club goes without saying. I even travel to the Canberra games each year. However you would really like to hear a story from the other half of 2 True Blues I feel. She has been following the club for over fifty years, win or lose, and certainly could tell a story or two.

Besides am extremely busy with shift work, and cherish any vacant time I do have. However would certainly lift to the occassion if you are serious and if required. ;-)

Jeffles

Bench
I could get pieces off the both of you. :D

I'm excited about this now. I think it will be a great addition to The Jet Base Rag.

HPH you are the first cab off the rank. Are you up to it?

Email it to me.

greg

Juniors
Ive just discovered this site and felt warm and fuzzy about seeing true blue Newtown supporters discussing my favourite subject-the mighty jets.
Im a Queenslander for the past 15 years having moved up from Sydney. You wouldn't believe the strange looks my jersey attracts in the streets of the Gold Coast. But it is worn with pride unlike the Ken Done and Pro Hart designs most clubs have adopted today. We've come a long way since 83 and I think a grand final appearance this year on national television will be a timely reminder to all about the true origins of Rugby League.
The ABC up here do a good job of Qlds equivalent of the premier league, the QLD cup. When is common sense going to kick in with the ABC in Sydney with some coverage of grass roots traditional rugby league?

QLD BRONCO HATING BLUEBAG

No worries Jeffles, I'll sit down and pen it and hopefully if the creative juices are flowing you should have it for this week for the Balmain game.

2 True Blues

Coach
Onya Greg. You will have to travel down to Sydney this year and watch the Bluebags at Henson mate.

They are even better with a steak roll and cold beer on the hill.

Jeffles

Bench
2 True Blues

Can you please prepare something for this week's programme. It's due in Tuesday night. You can send it here via Private Message. 250-300 words.

greg

Juniors
2 true blues
My annual jaunt to Sydney will be for the game at Kogarah against some Johnny come latelys (1921) called St George.
A good mate of mine supports this mob (the mob who stole Raper). Unfortunately I won't get to Henson. Hopefully the beer is as cold at Kogarah.

2 True Blues

Coach
They used to have a signed/autographed Jets jersey at the Culburra Sports Club ( signed by Johnny ( The legend ) RAPER . Since the club has been done up it disappeared form the wall in the bar area.

Sure the beer is luke warm, and served in a plastic cup mate. The proceeds go the wrong way anyway.

Saints are usually the power house of Premier League, all season until finals time when they throw the towel in just like the 1st grade side.

They are one of the only sides in Premier league we are yet to beat. ( Nth QLD ), and Souths also. ( Although Souths beat us twice in the two Premier league games we played against them by only two points. We lead all the way in both games until right on the siren too.

If current form is anything to go by we should do them, although they have a lot of 1st grade injuries. Might have a team worth playing by then. ;-)