What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Johns factor... tests

The Johns factor - Yes or no - Should Johns be selected if he becomes available after the GF for Au

• Yes of course! Who else!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, the form half of the time should get the spot. It would be unfair!

• No bloody way, he's not that good anyway!

• I don't care about Andrew Johns, he can go and play thugby yawnion for all I care.

• Total voters

JJ

Immortal
Raider_69 said:
thuganomics said:
Raider_69 said:
1. he isnt the best player
2. his form wasnt up to the level of orford and co
3. he would have no match fitness
4. he is a f***ing wanker
5. he is over-rated
6. id prefer finch get the nod ahead of barge arse ( :shock: i know, big call for me)

1. False
2. False
3. True
4. False
5. VERY false
6. How Dare YOU!!

1. he isnt, darren lockyer is and has been for some time
2. orford, head and Finch form shate all over johns before injury
3. undesputed
4. Ive met him a few times, herd storys from mates about him at pubs etc and yes he is a complete wanker
5. IMO he is very over-rated, he is good but he not at Langer, Stuart, Sterling, Mortimer etc level, nor will he ever be
6. I know, i feel so dirty :lol:

1. pffft - Lockyer has been when Johns is out hurt
2. pffft - you're kidding
3. no, but he can be fit
4. As Kevin Bloody Wilson says "even Prince Charles is a wanker" - but I digress, since when has being a nice guy been a pre-requisite?
5. pffft - well Sterling disagrees, and I'll take his opinion over yours any day
6. That's the most hilarious thing I have ever read

Raider_69

Post Whore
JJ said:
1. pffft - Lockyer has been when Johns is out hurt
2. pffft - you're kidding
3. no, but he can be fit
4. As Kevin Bloody Wilson says "even Prince Charles is a wanker" - but I digress, since when has being a nice guy been a pre-requisite?
5. pffft - well Sterling disagrees, and I'll take his opinion over yours any day
6. That's the most hilarious thing I have ever read

1. Ive always rated lockyer better, given a choice i would take lockyer over johns in a heart beat, he has acheived more
2. Johns is over-rated
3. match fitness is alot different to normal fitness
4. its not a pre-requisite but its just another reason for hating him
5. Sterling is very modest, same thing can be said for johns
6. i try my hardest ;-)

Raider_69

Post Whore
Fender said:
1. Ive always rated lockyer better, given a choice i would take lockyer over johns in a heart beat, he has acheived more

Like...?

- played better at club level
- won more premierships
- played better at state level
- has represented on more occasions then johns
- has played better at australian level with lesser players around him (see kanga tour last year)
- shows leadership skills beyond johns, on and off the feild
- is a true gentleman of the game, johns is not
- has gone from being the best at one position to the being #1 in another position all under alot of pressure
- said he wouldnt go to the dark side in refrence to union, johns was all but signed for a period of time

thats all i can think of right now

Simo

First Grade
No.

Johns is possibly the best player ive ever seen BUT he will have played NO games in about 10 months and we have great depth in the Halves (well NSW does :lol: sucked in QLD :lol: ).

The players who have played all year will be at the time of the tests better than Johns due to match fitness, confidence and training. Johns may be more talented but he will not be match ready for the tests.

Just my opinion.

Rusty

Juniors
played better at club level

Johns has won 3 Dally M's I think he's gone alright at club level.

won more premierships
Johns has captained his team to a premiership and won the Clive Churchill medal.

is a true gentleman of the game, johns is not

Thats so true Johns is a wanker but I believe he's the best player ive ever seen but in saying that I think the halfback in form at the time of the test should be picked ahead of Johns.

Raider_69

Post Whore
johns should never have won the Churchill medal, Billy Peden was absolutly ripped off, the only reason he got it was to suit the media

and the same can be said for at least 1 of dally m medals, it dosnt matter how johns plays, he always gets a point which leads me to the assumption that he is over-rated

I spose thats why Johns out performs Lockyer in every game they play against each other??????

Johns would have had more rep games if it hadnt of been 4 injury

Ben who?????? Ben Cross?????????? Who in the blue hell is that??????? Never heard of this mug also Todd Carney??????? played a few games yet 2 impress me, the high profile players usually have dream debuts

raider 69-your in the minority on the overrated stuff
hes the best youve ever seen BABY!!!!
A fit johns walks into the test team.
If the selectors want to take that chance on him that is.
Personally...I think he has one more year at the rep stuff and then give the last to the knights.
And I wouldnt like to seem him in the test team but he will be

Raider_69

Post Whore
Jaime_Koeppe_Is_Hot said:
I spose thats why Johns out performs Lockyer in every game they play against each other??????

Ben who?????? Ben Cross?????????? Who in the blue hell is that??????? Never heard of this mug also Todd Carney??????? played a few games yet 2 impress me, the high profile players usually have dream debuts

Ben cross is my fav player but he is not even close to the best
todd carney is 17 and played 4 very good game, you wanker
No one knew who Johns was at age 17 either, infact no one gave two shits about johns at age 21, so carneys still got 4 years to go

this isnt about carney, cross or canberra, its about johns being an over-rated media hack that although is very good, cant measure up to the greats of the game IMO

Rusty

Juniors
johns should never have won the Churchill medal, Billy Peden was absolutly ripped off, the only reason he got it was to suit the media

I wont argue with you about the Clive Churchill medal because in all fairness BK played the house down same can be said for Billy and Simo.
But without Johns the Knights wouldnt of been able to get to the finals let alone the grandfinal and maybe the media adopted the same view.

and the same can be said for at least 1 of dally m medals, it dosnt matter how johns plays, he always gets a point which leads me to the assumption that he is over-rated

Maybe the one Dally M medal you think he didnt deserve makes up for the one he did deserve the year he got that suspension.And was out of the running.

Raider_69

Post Whore
they were the rules
and i think its disgraceful the rules were change to suit johns brain explosions

you forearm someone in the face IMO your not the best AND FAIREST player in the comp.

Raider_69 said:
Jaime_Koeppe_Is_Hot said:

Ben cross is my fav player but he is not even close to the best
todd carney is 17 and played 4 very good game, you wanker
No one knew who Johns was at age 17 either, infact no one gave two sh*ts about johns at age 21, so carneys still got 4 years to go

this isnt about carney, cross or canberra, its about johns being an over-rated media hack that although is very good, cant measure up to the greats of the game IMO
Ist year syndrome ring a bell there-how many rookies of the year have gone onto even play for 5-10 years?Its consistancy that counts and johns has turned more games on its ear than anyone else
As for the rest-PPPFFFFTTTT!
They sure as hell know his name now and is always going to go down as one of the immortals when the time is right!

Raider_69

Post Whore
but what i question is the point of bringing carney and cross into this? :?
they have nothing to do with johns
carney may or may not become a top notch player, its irrelevent in this discussion
so why bring it up if not to try and take focus off the point?
now lets get back to the point
------------------------------------------------

Johns should NOT walk into an australian jumper when he has played ZERO games in 6 months, if he did it would be a slap in the face to every other halfback that has tried his guts out all year and played well all year

Jono078

Referee
If he proves he is up for it in training, i say yes, otherwise they usually chose the players from the finals, and i wouldnt want Finch to be there. either these people:

1. A. Johns
2. B. Kimmorley
3. T. Barrett
4. C. Gower
5. B. Sherwin

I cant think of any better HB's atm.

Rusty

Juniors
johns being an over-rated media hack that although is very good, cant measure up to the greats of the game IMO

I think the greats themselves would beg to differ on that comment

bluesbreaker

Bench
Wow...

Raider_69 knows absolutely nothing about football. This is one of the funniest threads i've ever seen. Keep clutching at straws, you'll eventually find something to say worth some merit :D.

Jono078

Referee
Ive been reading everywhere lately (note i am not comparing to Johns, i just want some answers) that Darren Lockyer(SP?) is the best ATM, I dont see how, he has a shocker since he returned to Origin 2. So plz dont argue i just wanna know how everyone sees him as the best ATM.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
IMO, Andrew Ryan and Billy Slater are the best players in the NRL at the moment. Andrew Johns cannot be because he's not playing. You can't be the current BP if you aren't on field. The best player tag changes almost weekly.

Latest posts