What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Kids are Alright

Adolf_Spritzer

Juniors
Is there any news on the club's position re Sullivan? Are the whispers over on the rumour thread legit? Seems criminal to not sign this kid up for at least another couple of years.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
Is there any news on the club's position re Sullivan? Are the whispers over on the rumour thread legit? Seems criminal to not sign this kid up for at least another couple of years.
Don't panic mate. SGI have until November 1st to lock him up before any other club can even talk to him (supposedly). And in interviews he says that he loves the club so I assume he will want to stay. 🤞

denis preston

First Grade
Zac will be in open space if he makes a break by busting tackles and using speed to accelerate away He has had some clean ball particularly from Dufty and scored trys. Even the maligned Euan Aiken scored good trys from long range and busted through tackles.

Zac is simply an acceptable NRL player who takes the field, trys hard and makes up the 13. Will occasionally flick a good pass and make a great catch ( mind you a number of both fail).He is normally a reasonable goal kicker, some games an excellent goal kicker.

Nothing personal against the chap, scored an amazing reported deal of $650k a season to role on for another 5 years. At $350-$400 k could live with, but as a dragons tragic the days of big money deals for unremarkable players or aging ‘once good‘ please no.

Comps are won with at least one fast powerful centre think Gaz and Coops 2010 ( we had two). Personally I believe Ruben Garrick is superior to Zac, fast, catches well and a more consistently good goal kicker on half Zac’s dollars. That is one we missed.
Where did you hear the report of the 650k a year ? Normally clubs only give long term contracts at discounted rates so a player gets long term security and the club gets a discounted contract. I very much doubt he is on anything over 500k.